Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I crash so often I can't even play

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by danjacobsmith, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I played this game during R30 and it had it's crashing issues, but nothing like what I'm experiencing now. I can't even play. I've crashed at least 15 times in the last 3 zones.

I can't even get into soltown at all, I simply lock up or crash every time so far.

I was so hoping to play, but these game destroying bugs are still present. It's so upsetting because the game has promise.

margaritte likes this.
  2. Balor Goldwine

Balor Goldwine Avatar

I have 75 hours logged from a few months ago and was excited for the final wipe. Logged in and it's completely unplayable.

I even dropped over $100 last night in the telethon. What a mistake!

3. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

I crashed twice while switching zones right when the servers opened up. Then I had to go to work, so I can only imagine it might be getting worse. I really hope they can do something about this.

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Did you do a bug report? Might help finding the issue. I was doing pretty good with no issues for the short time I was on before going to work.

5. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I had crashes during creation and at the battle of solace bridge, but have been on for 7 hours with no crashes since I made it out into the world. The first part seems to be the worst. Hopefully those will be better after a patch. Hang in there, guys!

6. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I logged on briefly this morning; but, I only played long enough to create my character and make it the opening scene.

I'm wondering - is the cloth but still an issue? Tried "disabling cloth" in the menu and not wearing a cape helps?

7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

You seem so tbe crashing far more than most. 6 times in the first hour. I'm not seeing anything special about your hardware. We have a fix for the most common crashes coming out tomorrow morning. We were getting 1 crash per 1 clean exit in the last release. With the fixes we already have in that is closer to 1 crash per 20 clean exits but it seems to be a few people crashing a lot.

There is a fix for the "Magic Mirror" crash in the morning build. You might just try again and see if you were just unlucky. If not wait until the morning and try again.

margaritte likes this.
  8. Electra Fyde

Electra Fyde Avatar

3 crashes at the mirror on char creation, been fine since

9. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I used to crash ALOT too.

Switching to windowed mode made it fine for me.

10. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

hmm. played in offline mode last night and not crashed once, then I came online for about 45 mins and did not crash yet.. I did however ran into some NPC which would not give then quest but thats another issue..
    Perhaps the server is over loaded..

11. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Finally got past crashing at the mirror and was able to speak to the Oracle but can't leave the starting zone now because game crashes every time I try and go through the portal. Disappointing.

12. spacenet

spacenet Avatar

I crash at the character creation mirror every... single... time... It's very frustrating at this point.

13. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I was playing in multiplayer and crashing all the time. Out of curiosity I switched to single player online, and now I'm not crashing anymore. Perhaps there was too many players in the newbie zones for the game to handle? I'm not sure.

14. newbsauce

newbsauce Avatar

I'm also crashing after jumping into the rift each time. I think I've done the opening sequence probably 5 times and then crash loading "Battle of Solace Bridge". Not sure how to claim the land plot if we can't even get into the game....

15. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Out of curiosity, are you playing on Steam?

16. newbsauce

newbsauce Avatar

No - standalone install from the windows download link off the SOTA site. Each time, I crash loading the "Battle.." and then I log in only to see a black screen with crosshairs. Everything is rendered and functional except the actual world.

Screen shot:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4TFOAFLACPRQ0JKVE53UDhrV00

17. newbsauce

newbsauce Avatar

Interesting update - after playing around if I "move" while the world is not rendered (black screen above) eventually I am able to walk (somewhere), a loading screen pops up and I'm finally into the battle itself.

18. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. We have a fix planned for those crashing from Isle of Storms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.