What are my tax-free options right now?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Oyjord Hansen, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I'm a casual solo PvE'er, pledged at Founder level. I want to get into basic housing, since it's a major game system which I'm feeling pretty cut off from.

What are my tax-free options, at the moment please? I'm just too casual to have to worry about paying in-game taxes on a regular basis (this is a game, I work too hard in real life to worry about ANOTHER form of regular taxes heh).

1. I thought about upgrading to an Ancestor pledge, however it appears as of two day ago, the pledge only comes with a tax free deed, and NOT a house. Well that's not too helpful.

2. I thought about buying a Viking bundle, but that's considerably more expensive, and only applicable to POTs, which I'm not a part of.

I honestly can't see any other form of tax-free, basic housing available to me now. So any tips on what I might be missing would be kindly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Hoylegu.

4EverLost, Acred and Leelu like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

1. Row lot always come with a house when someone claims it. You will just have to stick with their default one or buy from NPC vendor if they're still selling those or add-on store.
    2. There are several decent POT that you can shop around later. The only time you should rush and buy viking bundle is when they decide to no longer give you all the lesser version of houses and basements. Otherwise, shop around different POTs and find the one you like first.

3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Yea, I'm surprised the Row lot on that pledge says it does not have a house any longer. Port made it clear along time ago that ALL Row lots would always have a default house on them. Players have been asking for a Row lot without a house for ages but Port said that wasn't going to be possible. The page may be in error. Perhaps they forgot that Row lots always have a house. I'd check with support on this or maybe @DarkStarr could verify.

Leelu and hoylegu like this.
  4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

If you decide to get the ancestor pledge its worth it for the tax free deed alone imo. The ones you claim in game do have a default house on them already so you could use that, and there are some row houses to buy in game from housing vendor inside the banks upstairs. There are also craftable houses, and people will probably be selling a lot of their row lots that they got with their pledges, I would guess pretty cheap.

4EverLost, Acred, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It means the pledge does not come with a house deed. All row lots in the game come with a default house on them. Nothing to see here. No error.

Tibs, 4EverLost, Acred and 5 others like this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

When you claim a row lot, it remains whatever it looked like before you claimed it. In this way, you can "cherry pick" what the house looks like by running around and checking for the biggest/prettiest available. :)

4EverLost, Acred, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  7. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

That's what I thought and understood. It's just a bit confusing to anyone new for that pledge that is says no house now... but it comes with a a house (both of which are two story ... just to confuse it a little more.)

hoylegu likes this.
  8. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Thank you all for the very helpful responses. Since it does appear that upgrading to Ancestor will get me a tax-free deed and a "default" house, that's the right choice for me.

Now, I wonder if there are any row lots in NPC towns available still. If not, POT hunting I go!

Thanks again, all.

Acred, Leelu, Ice Queen and 1 other person like this.
  9. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

At the moment there are still tons available... but that's because in the lot selection order we haven't gotten very far yet. Check your 'account' page to see your selection time slot. You won't be able to place it until then.

4EverLost, Acred and hoylegu like this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

There are plenty enough lots available between the Npc towns and the PRT's without forcing you to choose a POT area. We were assured of this over a year ago I believe it was. It may not be the prime spot you're looking for but there will be a lot for you in game in either a PRT or NPC town that you can claim.

11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Founder to Ancestor $210

You can pay taxes with gold crowns. For 100 months worth of taxes on a row lot, you'd need just $85 of Gold Crowns. So even if you can only find taxable row lots, you can pay for a large portion of the taxes with real money.

Just to add an option for you.

hoylegu likes this.
  12. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

OP here. I just upgraded to Ancestor pledge, and found I was in Group 90 for lot selection. Ack. August 23! I sure hope there are some row house lots available. I'm not picky, but a row house anywhere in Ardoris (my favorite) would be ideal!

1) Anyone know if there might be row lots available in Ardoris come August 23?

2) If not, anyone know of any conveniently located NPC cities comparable to Ardoris I should be scoping out now in advance?

Thanks again, all, great community here.

Best,
    Hoylegu.

Acred, Ice Queen and cartodude like this.
  13. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's doubtful a city like Ardoris will have ANYTHING left by that time. You'd be better off finding a POT NEAR Ardoris to place your lot.

14. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Of the larger NPC cities, if there were to be spots left, it will be Ardoris and/or maybe Brittany Alleys IMHO.

4EverLost and hoylegu like this.
  15. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Also, remember: You don't have to stay in the spot you choose. Keep an eye out after you choose. In a few months, a better location could open up.

4EverLost, Acred and hoylegu like this.
  16. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Congrats on your rent free deed and ancestor pledge! No paying taxes for you. :)
    Hard to tell what will and won't be available atm. We just have to wait and see as the selection process goes.
    There's a large PRT called Aldwater right near Ardoris with row lots if you don't happen to get your first choice type of lots and want to be near Ardoris.

4EverLost and hoylegu like this.
  17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Ardoris has been a ghost town since a boat to hidden vale is moved to Brittany. I don't anticipate the town will ever be packed again, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.