1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Lot Selection Groups

Discussion in 'House & Lot Listings (WTS/WTB)' started by Cypher Black, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Hi

Is there a thread already started for players wishing to buy/sell their spot in the lot selection line?

Cypher Black

Cally, Melissa and Jatvardur like this.
  2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

One person did ask to purchase a place post-wipe, but I don't recall seeing any other thread for it. I guess it is hard to promise anything until people know what lots they will get in the land rush.

Perhaps a thread of interested parties is a good start though.

Melissa likes this.
  3. Selene

Selene Avatar

But, do remember that deeds will be account bound during the land rush, so you will have to use your own deed to claim a lot for someone and then unclaim it later. (They can't give your their deed to hold the space).

Jatvardur likes this.
  4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Yeah, that's how I understood it too. After the landrush you can trade the deeds. I recall there was a lot of talk about making sure people didn't lose spots when they traded land. So far I haven't seen anything implemented yet.

Melissa likes this.
  5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Right.

Example: I could use my early claim to grab a spot for someone that can't place until later, then when they are able to pick it, I would release it to them.

Realm Wares and Jatvardur like this.
  6. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I would consider payment for placement of a deed post wipe if the rules allow it.

7. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I have a friend who's placement time is Aug 23 for a row house would you be able to place before then? I am not sure of his financial state but if a cost is involved for the transaction what would you be asking?

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I wish this was not a thing.

9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I understand your sentiment but disagree. I don't want to convince you otherwise but perhaps allay some fears.

Allowing for sale of land let's players cash out if they want to leave. This provides them with considerable less risk when they invest in the game. That's been the intention from kickstarter (RG: land will have real value) and it has lead to a thriving marketplace forum. Many people have sold out (friends included) because they wanted to leave. It was their good fortune that they were allowed to sell their pledges rather than be tied in for a lot of money.

You may not be worried about land sales but of the selling of position in the queue for the land rush, but I think it is inevitable when you allow for the sale of accounts and of items for real money.

Derium likes this.
  10. Derium

Derium Avatar

I see nothing wrong with real money transactions in any game (or in game gold for something like this either). My only concern is people dominating certain areas by purchasing all the properties. We saw it happen in UO with Luna, killing Luna on most shards. And NEVERDIE (I assume the uber rich NEVERDIE from Entropia) claimed the castle spot in Owl's town, and saw him outside the Keep spot a few min before the first Dukes got to pledge.

My only concern is if someone like him wanted to own all of a city and destroy the market there, they could.

That's a bit off topic, it was just a concern that's been fresh on my mind.

Jatvardur likes this.
  11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

That's understandable too. I suppose the devs may intervene. If they don't then yes the market would move elsewhere. I doubt there are many players who could afford every single lot in a town and convince everyone to sell to them. In theory, yes, it is possible but I doubt it. The alternative would be to ban all such transactions but I dont see that leading to a better world (on the whole).

12. Derium

Derium Avatar

Aye, would be tough. But if a whale like NEVERDIE does try, it could drastically change things. This was taken from the NEVERDIE Wiki

"According to Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs the approximate tax revenues of Club NEVERDIE add up to about 64,000 USD for the 1st quarter 2010"

He purchased a club for $100,000 in Entropia and earned well over $10,000 a month profit from it for around 6 years (I think 6). And then he did this:

"An internet real estate mogul has sold his virtual nightclub for $635,000 (£399,000) in the largest online sale of its kind ever.
    British-born Jon Jacobs stunned experts when he sold ‘Club Neverdie’, one of the most sought-after properties in the virtual world game Entropia Universe, for the record sum. He plans to use the money to to start up new on-line ventures and look for ways to make money with traditional media including Hollywood producers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-online-Entropia-game-400k.html#ixzz4G7kRJrvB "

What was even more scary was Anshe Chung from SecondLife eyed this game for a while (I think she backed out?). She's the first ever millionaire from renting apartments/houses in a virtual world. If either of them saw it as a long term investment to spend a few hundred thousand, they could probably buy up every good vendor location in the game. Who wouldn't sell out if you were offered a butt ton of money?

Okay, sorry for the history lesson! Haha

It's just those people could forever change the landscape of the game. Again, the guy who bought out all the good luna spots in UO almost killed Luna.

Jatvardur likes this.
  13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Ok, so I didn't know the name NEVERDIE but I knew of that story of the nightclub. I also know of AnsheX; they are still around. IIRC, Prince Guni is part of AnsheX and he owns the metro Liberty.

Those folks can change the landscape, agreed. Whether they kill it or enhance it remains to be seen. I struggle to see how creating a valuable lot would destroy an economy though, surely the surrounding economy has to thrive otherwise that lot is worthless. That's the premise that I've been working off. If they buy all the lots in the town and then kill it then they will seriously harm their own investment and more fool them for doing so.

While I own a POT it will fail if I'm the only person that goes there.

Derium and Astor Cerberus like this.
  14. Derium

Derium Avatar

I guess Luna from UO killed it for me. The guy who bought up most of the prime spots across most of the server, just stopped caring. So he let his places fall to Hell and he decorated them as massive eyesores.

I guess when you have that much money to blow, if your investment turns sour, you can just walk away from it and leave it in ruins, affecting thousands of other people. However, if NEVERDIE and Anshe are both around, that is great opportunity for a lot of good press for Shroud =D

Jatvardur and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  15. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Yeah, that's definitely a risk. I hope the larger or more famous backers bring good press and more investment to the game. :)

Derium likes this.
  16. Siobahn

Siobahn Avatar

So is someone here offering this service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.