Owl's Head Looks Terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fain, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Apologies, I thought you had previously asked for town owners to be able to restrict the types of homes that could be placed in their towns so they could control the look of their own town. I apologize for the error.

Numa likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I did ask for POT owners to have the ability to limit the types of homes they have in their POTs. That's different than what I quoted. No big deal though.

Hornpipe likes this.
  3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

No doubt. You're witch hunted if you talk about immersion. So I stopped talking about it long ago. Because apparently, immersion doesn't exist, never has existed, and anyone who believes it exists let alone believes it's important aren't seeing the bigger picture, the bigger picture is to have fun, basically I see it as a merge of all online games ever made, all the greats; club penguin, roblox, second life, all rolled into one.

Albus and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

That's how every town will eventually end up looking like in online mode...
    I propose an option to disable player houses, vendors and decorations in the options menu - at least for SPO and FPO - or make them invisible.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

In other news: everything as expected ^^

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Note: if your lot is strewn with junk, stone block words or is just obnoxious then I won't be looking at your vendor.

7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Currently, problems with decorations and buildings are based both on the limited selection available (for now), their price and the lack of "strictness" of some deed owners (that said, this sometimes gives very funny things).

The first two causes are in the hands of developpers, who are trying to work in the right direction (ex : the signs)

The third cause, the awful taste of some, could be avoided by copying what is done IRL : urban laws can prohibits pranks. In France, for example, size, color and even appareance are overseen by the mayor before any construction, to ensure the style match with local practices.

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos asked for POT owners tools to chose what kind of building / decorations is allowed on each lot, in their town. It would be wise to put a similar system for NPC/PRT towns. Each player who own a deed in the instance could vote in favor or against each particular house/decoration and results in the majority would then be processed by the game as an urban law.

Democracy in the kingdom. THAT is british :D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Commerce - NPC Towns
    Roleplay - POTs

Vox Aquila, uziraff and Budner like this.
  9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Seems like I missed this official statement.

Please, can you give me a link ?... Or is this a law that you just impose ?

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Commerce has nothing to do with big guildnames laid on the ground with Stones.

Albus and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Frankly , I cannot imagine a POT like PaxLair as being anything but an economic and cultural powerhouse. And the POTS immediately surrounding it will greatly benefit from that.

12. Womby

Womby Avatar

R.I.P. OWL'S HEAD

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

Albus, Nietzsche, Acred and 2 others like this.
  13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The cat didn't move

Doctor, Tahru, Albus and 7 others like this.
  14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Looks like it's time for people to move out of Owl's Head and start a new life at a new town with those who have the same taste in housing design.

Womby likes this.
  15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

The Kobold and Obsidian homes are god-awful and make no sense - I mean, which kobolds are coming into Owls Head to construct houses for humans? o_O That said, if you own a lot, you've got a right to make your town a little uglier.

16. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

hold on,

people actually complain that other players put their paid digital homes (paid with real $) at the place they want? Your view of the place isnt anymore what you knew it to be?

Isnt there a solution for you people with player owned towns where a player, the owner, can decide how it looks like? Wouldnt that be the place for you to build your home?

Cause...freedom is a thing people need to respect imho. Those players paid for their digital homes, its their turn in taking whatever they deserve....and honestly, they dont have to ask for anyone's perission.
    You get the chance to make yourself a new view, to maybe meet new people, and to arrive in release 32...with persistence. Dont start it with complaining about the neighborhood.

IMHO of course.

Vox Aquila and Huma Tunarith like this.
  17. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

My biggest problem with Owl's head is the lag... nowhere else have I had a issue like there... as soon as I enter I come to a crashing halt while it loads all the initial trash. Then I stutter step my way through town as it keeps loading the next lot, I mean garbage dump, along the way. I've made note not to buy anything there now, and I wouldn't go there except I still can't find some recipes anywhere else.

Albus likes this.
  18. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

Actually, I hate the Obsidian Tower too. However, as an early community service, to get a nice central birds eye view of the terrain from the top, I placed one in Owls Head (lovely to see it in all the pictures here). But since there are other towers in the area, it has been replaced with a lovely 2 story wood and plaster with balcony.
    Sorry to all those ghosts at the base of the tower that were enjoying it.

Budner, Fain and Arradin like this.
  19. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Of course the cat didn't move, they never do anything you want them to do unless you like being attacked in your bed at 3am or running up and down the landing at 4am to remind you they need feeding and the food you put out wasn't the one they wanted flavour wise :(

Womby, Cianna, Fain and 6 others like this.
  20. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think it was a big mistake to have player housing in NPC towns. The towns will look chaotic and like junk places. The immersion (oh my god, he used the evil word!!!!) is totally ruined this way and forces those who want to experience the story and a great world to play in offline mode.
    The NPC towns could have their own personalities and special layouts and looks like in other story-driven games - like in the old SP Ultimas. But player houses prevent this. Imagine exploring Yew and there are vendors everywhere, castles where it doesn't make sense, a lighthouse in the middle of the forest, ankhs stacked to the sky, there are oscene words written with fruit on the lawn etc.
    This is not only disappointing but outrageous. Why? Because the story and atmosphere in SotA is equally important as the sandbox. But what is happening with the cities because of player housing is totally destroying the story and atmosphere aspects of the game. Portalarium should do something about this. Add filters to make player houses and vendors invisible - at least in SPO and FPO mode!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Elijah, Womby and Albus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.