Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Plot Squatting

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kirthag, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I thought you had to place your pledge (non-taxable) during the land grab. Is that not the case?

I am also concerned as, in the places I am scoping, not a single non-village lot has been taken and I think those with village level pledges have not gone or only just began. I hope port's math included no one actually taking the larger lots as that looks to be the case. Right now I am not sure it is worth placing land during the rush. This is the first time I have considered trying to sell my pledge, but I just don't see this working out well for people with only village lots to place. Guess we will see.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

@Umbrae, Believe they calculated 30% extra to all deeds out there so those being placed now, are most likely included in the count. It was just a matter of if those with the higher pledges would claim the lot before the allotted time or at the allotted time. It still means there should be lots in the amount of 30% extra village lots + all villages lots for deeds sold {includes pledge(high and low)/add-on/etc} - those villages lots sold to higher level already placed.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

My concern is not the placement of plots, but those who are placing, SELLING FOR CASH, then placing again and doing it again.

Of course, I cannot name names - forum rules and all - but I did urge the people that has experienced that to contact the devs via PM or email.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Pretty sure this is expected behavior.. which is why they limited placement the way they have. There will be much of this. In fact, isn't this what happens in UO nowadays? The dev's expect it and are trying to work with it, rather than against it.

Retro likes this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There are rarely anyone claim any lots in PRT. It's very unlikely that a person would not have a lot to place. Even if that ever happened Port can spin up new PRT to support the players.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

New to this concept... first I've heard of it but I don't always stay up on the forums.

Am I to understand that being in group 63... it sounds like I'll be relegated to building my home in some far reach of a little known town... because 1 or 2 guilds filled with high-value players are sandbagging their lot selections on known high-traffic areas and effectively using village lots instead of the castles or whatever that they paid for? Is that really what is happening?

I ask because as I peruse the NPC villages... I see alot of village homes already taken... presumably by folks who spent a heck of a lot more money than I did on the game...

Snikorts and Baalice like this.
  7. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I agree the selling was expected, and I am not against this. This is also why I think placing during the rush should have been restricted to your tax free plot and only on your largest available plot size. This would create a more even distrubution of housing without pushing those at lower levels and single deeds into the outsirtks. Otherwise there will definately be some more seedy behaviour in placement.

Baalice likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Right now, there are still tons of lots in every town. Anyone paying a squatter is just squandering money to sharks. Further, nobody knows where the traffic is going to be. It is all speculation. If the dev's put a banker, crating stations and trainers in every town, there is little reason to go anywhere but the nearest town. For example, I think Owl's head is one of the least attractive towns and the placement of the vendors hinders access. But since they have the vendors in the HV, people are forced to go there. Hopefully, KingsPort will get crafting stations added and then Owls Head will be a seldom used by new players. When I started this game, I thought Kingsport was the bomb.

GraveDncer and NRaas like this.
  9. Siobahn

Siobahn Avatar

People will be selling and buying different lots anyways after the lot selection is done, just like any other game with housing. It doesn't matter to me if someone is selling spots now or later. Heck, if you could get someone to place and hold a spot for you for a 100-200 wouldn't yah do that? I know I would. :D

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If you think it is scummy that someone is trying to sell their lot placement after the fact, the best way to thwart them is to not buy from them.

If no one was willing to pay this person, they wouldn't be able to do this.

Kirthag, zyxe and Tahru like this.
  11. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Tahru likes this.
  12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Good luck tonight Barons!

Baalice and Ice Queen like this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

People paid more to have higher Pledge and earlier lot selection process. The lot deed can claim any lot with the same size or smaller, that's how it works from the beginning.

Historically, whoever try to speculate the system always end up losing money, as long as people are not willing to buy the lot ownership from that person, then he won't be making any cash.

Per @Umbrae post, there are 57 out 3000ish village lots from NPC and PRT towns combined, so it's still very unlikely that village and row lots owners will have to resort to POT to claim a land unless they want to.

14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Thanks! :)

4EverLost and Tahru like this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

I think he's using the numbers from my spreadsheet and not an actual data pull from their servers/db, so they're not accurate. I will try to do a full update of all NPC towns and majority of PRTs when I get home tonight. Likely not before the first Baron group starts though.

Umbrae likes this.
  16. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I agree with this and I put my money where my mouth is (meaning I won't be buying squatter's lots), but the issue is that there will most always be someone willing to buy what they want regardless of indirect cost. Take spammers, email, MMO gold farmers, that kind of thing--they only keep doing it because people keep buying what they're selling. If it truly creates a detriment to a community, then it's up to the powers that be to curb the behaviors.

FrostII, enderandrew and Kirthag like this.
  17. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

So... we can sell in-game virtual products for REAL-WORLD-CASH-DOLLARS?

hrm.....

Fister Magee likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So much angst....

19. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Lot Selection for POT is nonsense.

20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.