A Simple Guide to Lot Selection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meccanica

Meccanica Avatar

How is this? I have been Ancestor for a couple months and gifted a lower level to my son to play... but stuck in group #90. So if I drop more cash I can improve my lot selection group?

2. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

So... we don't need to be playing multiplayer online to claim our spot right? I could still claim a land spot in single player online or friends online mode? ...

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

4. Apophiss

Apophiss Avatar

Ugh - Locked out of lot selection until Aug 23rd. I'm so screwed.

5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is great information! Should we pin it somewhere else in the forums for easy access?

6. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

And this probably doesn't need to be said, but will say it anyways......

MAKE SURE YOU STOP BY A BANK AND PICK UP YOUR LOT DEED(S) WHEN YOU FIRST LOG IN WHERE THEY WILL BE IN YOUR INVENTORY FOR CLAIMING YOUR LOT.

davesedg, Rup, Tracker and 3 others like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Uh @Berek... @DarkStarr cribbed most of it (with permission ;) No Plagerism) for inclusion in the Release 32 Release notes, and pinned it on the General Forum already...

Ronan likes this.
  8. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Depending on what you're looking for, there's a bunch of fine city lots out there. If you have a ton of demands (close to entrance, high visibility for commerce, great view, in a particular city, water lot, near a certain type of vendor, close to a mine/forest/whatever) then you may have to look to a player owned town's governor to help you out. If you only have two to three or so of those requirements, you shouldn't have problems finding a good lot in an NPC town.

Acred and MagiK like this.
  9. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Actually my style is to be out of the thick of civilization high in the mountains with a fantastic view....not really that demanding :) however The kind Kazyn Phoenixfyre of the Phoenix Republic showed me around last night.....it was awesome he showed me a lot of the different templates o f the POTs and also showed me around Brittany and other NPC towns as well :)

Acred likes this.
  10. Dung

Dung Avatar

I am a complete NOOB here ^.^

Can anyone comment on the following:
    I spent over $600 in March 2014 (Founder plus town tower, plus town plot, plus 5 level basement) but I am in group 91 (the last group) does that sound right?

When I look on the big map and focus on towns/cities I see the following details (example)

LOT DETAILS

Row 11/11
    Village 19/24
    Town 4/6

What exactly is this telling me about availability of plots (I know what I think it means but )

11. Toff

Toff Avatar

Ok, the Release 32 rules say the following......
    • All lots will be available, but please note that you will have to complete the first two starting scenes (Island of Storms and Highvale/Solace Bridge/Bloodriver) before you can proceed to lot selection in game; which is why start times are 30 minutes after the start of Release 32.
    My question is where it says "Island of Storms And Highvale" Does this mean I truly have to do both starting scenes? Or did they mean "Island of Storms/Solace Bridge OR Highvale/Bloodriver"? That little word AND makes all the difference.

12. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

its you must create a character(Island of Storms) and finish one of the statring locations, be fore you can claim a lot

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

It is right if:
    - Your town lot was from the add on store (not part of a Knight Marshall, Lord, or Lord Marshall pledge)
    - Your town house was from the add on store (not part of a pledge like above)
    - Your basement was bought from the add on store (not part of a pledge).

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What is your pledge? Adventurer?
    What do you mean by "When I look on the big map and focus on towns/cities..."? The stats like "Town 4/6" mean that 4 of the 6 town lots in that area are available.

15. Toff

Toff Avatar

Thanks Lord-Galiwyn, that is what I thought, but like most I'm a little paranoid that when my time comes to place something will go wrong.

Follow up question for anyone: I do not see an actual "Lot Deed" in my rewards in the bank, am I suppose to have one? (Knight Marshall) Pledge.

16. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

A quick followup question regarding the quests. If I'm in a regular NPC, does that mean I completed the proper quests? I recall a bunch of stuff I needed to do before joining the world, and hope that is enough.

Also I need to find a bank nearby!

17. Shibby

Shibby Avatar

Good question, did you ever get an answer from anywhere? I know no one here did.

18. Dung

Dung Avatar

I am looking for a player town that has a town plot available for an English, beer drinking old guy, willing to help out where needed.

19. Rothana

Rothana Avatar

No, I have not had an answer on that. Although during the telethon there was a mention of there being a house lot lottery, so that the richest people don't simply buy up all the remaining house lots and control the market. However, a lottery doesn't sound like it will help people like me because it would mean that I can't knuckle down and earn a house lot. A lottery means I have to be lucky. Very very very lucky.

So although I get that they are trying to be fairer to everyone with this lottery idea, I'm frustrated with it because I want to be able to earn a house lot.

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why do you think that you won't be able to earn a lot? You will be able to pay for them with in-game gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.