A Simple Guide to Lot Selection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rothana

Rothana Avatar

As I said, during the telethon there was the mention of a lottery system. I don't have any more details than that and wish I did.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There aren't that many more to be had... Buy lottery tickets in game, with in-game gold, and at the end of the month there will be a drawing for some number of deeds. That's about all I know... I have my own questions about how it would work, but I'm sure much more information will be forthcoming with Release 33 when it's supposed to go into effect.

The lottery is Intended to enable "The Little Guy" (to use @Chris' phrase), not exclude him.

Tahru likes this.
  3. mechavoc

mechavoc Avatar

Can someone help me with how to pick a location? I have been away from the game for a Loooong time

RancidRat and Tahru like this.
  4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I was original Citizen (from KS). Noticed I had some store credit hanging around, probably from the various store credit bonuses. Anyway, I noticed I had plenty of credit to go up to Edelmann. So figured what the heck. "Free" upgrade and move up several slots. Still up in the air what to get where that will work for me.

Duke Gréagóir and Tahru like this.
  5. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

It depends if you want to be in a Downtown,or a busy trading area. or a POT[[player Owned town]]. Prt[Player Run town,
    or a NPC town.. I would reccomend looking around and talking to your friends in game. I live ina POT and love it..we are cloe to an NPC town that has adventure and crafting teachers. The POT is known as Port Phoenix, We welcome all people..or if you want to livve in a PVP town.there are a few of them,,We have 9 assosiated town in what is called the Pheonix Republic, We also have A GUILD call Phoenix Republic.. please consider us..

Tahru likes this.
  6. rhysling

rhysling Avatar

Will lots be available in the towns that are still under construction (like Harvest), and if so what will happen if things are moved during construction?

Tahru likes this.
  7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

@rhysling
    yes lots are available and as stated before the lots will not be moved (much) in relation to the redesign of the scene. The overall look of the scene will change, but not the lot placements.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I claimed my rewards and have a bunch of housing deeds in my inventory but the lot screen is empty. The instructions are really unclear. Do I need something else (lot deed?) to claim my housing? Am I bugged

Lord-Galiwyn and Tahru like this.
  9. narcosis

narcosis Avatar

Did they change their minds with this one? I have not been active in the forums, but I remember something about not being able to move your claim until the end of the lot selection process. Something about stopping people from reserving lots for other people?

Tahru likes this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Nope, they didn't change anything about that, after you place your first deed if you see another spot you like better you can basically unclaim the first one and claim the other one. We can still only use one deed during the lot selection until the 91 slot when we place second ones.

11. narcosis

narcosis Avatar

thank you for the clarification :)

Lord-Galiwyn, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  12. ManaPlow

ManaPlow Avatar

My first post, and sorry if it's a dumb question but I couldn't find this info via forum/Google searching... I have the $275 Row Lot/2-story House pledge. If I choose one of the pre-made Row Houses in a city that has them to claim (rather than a location with an empty lot to build upon), does this mean I will use the house that is there instead of my house deed? And if yes, if I am use a pre-made row house, would this mean I won't be able to purchase/add a basement later?

Not sure if basements have to be built on a lot before a house is put on top of it, and I couldn't find any info on whether the row houses in the city disappear once the lot is claimed (so I would use my own house) or if I would use the house that is there.

Thanks! :)

Tahru and Mykll like this.
  13. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

My guess, judging to the way such things work in other world-builder applications, is that we'll place the home on the lot (unless you use the premade on your row lot), then position the basement hatch in the home. The hatch should lead to your basement.

Tahru, ManaPlow and Mykll like this.
  14. ManaPlow

ManaPlow Avatar

Thanks, Tibs - I was hoping a pre-made house wouldn't preclude me from having a basement, so fingers are crossed.

Tahru, Mykll and Tibs like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You can certainly place a basement hatch in a default row house.

ManaPlow and Tahru like this.
  16. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

So the basement hatch can be anywhere? I only have a Village, and after checking on the floor plans of many Village houses the floor space is very minimal. As it should be for the lowest houses. But, if nothing can be placed on top of the hatch, then that eats up a bit more precious indoor floor space. So can it be placed outdoors?

Tahru likes this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes.

ManaPlow, Tahru and Mykll like this.
  18. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

Then it is alternatively called 'storm cellar', 'root cellar', 'wine cellar', or 'bomb shelter'. Or Vault, especially if there are so many that you must begin numbering them.

Tahru likes this.
  19. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Excellent. Then if I forget where I placed my Vault, I will have to become a Vault Hunter.

NyteWytch, Tibs, ManaPlow and 3 others like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can place the basement hatch anywhere in your house or on your lot (even the top floor). Once placed, you double click the hatch and a window comes up that allows you to select the basement type. You must have that basement deed in your inventory and the basement type must be for that lot size or smaller.

Tibs, ManaPlow and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.