R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fain

Fain Avatar

It's been said over and over again but who knows what the "good" lots are going to be. Pick one based on how you like it not based on some perceived idea of how much traffic it's going to get.

Think of everyone who pledged in Brittany central. Those lots went first and that place is a nightmare. Haven't been in it since the first tome

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

We don't know where the traffic will be at launch. Right now people are still filling up Owl's Head as if it will be the center of the universe, even though it is out of the way. When we have tens of thousands of players descend upon the game at launch who didn't play in early testing, I don't think Owl's Head will be the hub anymore.

There are TONS of village lots in the game. It isn't just crap choices left.

And frankly, I wonder if the real key spots will be in the best POTs over time since that is where all the community events are.

cartodude, GraveDncer, Numa and 4 others like this.
  3. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Yep, the cake and eat it too scenario. I agree... as you'd no doubt see from my earlier posts. :p

Couldin and Mykll like this.
  4. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

It isn't yet, we still have a week before people with JUST village lots get a chance to place.

The "who knows what spots are good" argument is just silly justification. If they weren't good lots people with city or bigger lots wouldn't be bothering to place on village/row lots with their first selections. There is most certainly spots with much more exposure than others and some lots that are just placed in the middle of no where to say there's a lot available.

5. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

I know. But getting to have and eat cake is what 10k + backers expect. And it's not irrational either on their part or on the part of the developers.

6. Fain

Fain Avatar

I don't think this is true at all. For all we know, Kiln will be THE spot to be for end game and I don't think a single one of those spots have been taken. Maybe Spite will be the place to be at end game. Who knows. A lot will be dependent on where they build out advanced content. If we go up to 10 skulls all the busy places like Owls Head will be considered newbie zones and will be abandoned six months into launch.

There's still plenty of space left. I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to living in owls head (I still have no idea why anyone would ever want to claim a lot in Brittany Central) and most of those spots are gone but there are hundreds of great spots elsewhere.

7. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

$3,200 was what it took to have that luxury. If you have a city lot or larger you're doing real good. There's like 200 city lots left and almost everyone with city lots has had a chance to place by now. I think there's a few more people left (three groups).

Who knows how it'll all end up, so we'll find out in the next couple of weeks.

8. enderandrew

They are still changing mobs, scenes, nodes.

We don't know where the best resource or XP farming will be.

I grabbed a spot in Brittany Central because I loved how it looked. It takes forever to load the scene. It takes forever to get around. My scene is nowhere near the entrance/exit. Did I steal a "best" spot from someone? I highly doubt it. I took a scenic spot that I wanted.

[​IMG]

9. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

I guarantee there are pissed off city lot holders right now. They wanted the one a keep guy got.

Snikorts and Ice Queen like this.
  10. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Will there be new lands coming for the new chapters? If so curious where Chapter 5 will lead us, and how far away from our built civilization we will end up, thus making ALL of us far away from the far end game.

11. enderandrew

Each new episode is adding land masses. Most of the development of Episode 1 was core architecture and features. Later episodes will be mostly content. They've said the plan is that Episode 1 is only 10% of the total landmass you'll see by the release of Episode 5.

12. smack

smack Avatar

Both of those are very good locations. :)

Very nice. That is a scenic spot, indeed! I do hope they fill out the area next to you with vendors or other NPC activity.

Cassandra Corax and enderandrew like this.
  13. enderandrew

There are some vendors near by just to the south along the docks, so the spot does have some value.

14. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Well, I paid half that and couldn't get any of the city lots (8) on my list... and I was in the first Baron group of 11 people. 5k doesn't buy what it used to I guess. For that much, I'm allowed to be upset about it I think. Grant me that much.;)

Edit: ...and 3 were in Brittany Central so I am definitely envious @enderandrew. Although, not that spot. My choices were city spots. Actually, from the map it looks like I could have been your neighbor! I liked that spot north of yours.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Snikorts, Magos, tazntaylr and 3 others like this.
  15. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

I do. And in the "first" Town group I'm upset too. But I do think I'd be way more upset if I was one of the biggest 10 backers and unable to claim anything but an isolated castle. So there's that.

Tahru likes this.
  16. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

The big mistake here, if you go through the analysis, was that castles weren't better. If every castle had an entrance close to the main gate every deed would have been used.

I'm tempted to get one myself because not providing a recall system is unsustainable, and they're undervalued now. And there are lots of good locations!

Snikorts and smack like this.
  17. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

No, I had no problem them picking a lower lot type. My problem is we all should have had to use our primary (largest) deed for our first choice. Not take a smaller lot before everyone else and still get your castle. Who's your competition exactly in group 91? See what I'm saying?

I doubt you'd have as many giving up their big deed for a village, town or city lot then. Some still would for shop/vendor purposes and that's fine. As it was, it was a no-brainer to do that when your biggest deed was essentially 'safe'.

Look, no one's going to convince me that it wasn't on the unfair side. I chose my lot last night. I'm not really all that thrilled but what's done is done. It's a moot point to say which was fair now that it's over. But I'll be damned if it's not going to leave a sour taste in my mouth. First impressions and all that. I'll get over it, but no way would I back for so much again and would have stuck to my original pledge knowing how this would play out.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    AvatarGG, Magos, tazntaylr and 2 others like this.
  18. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

76 of 1472 village lots in NPC towns have been taken. That's 5.1%. Is your problem really with the castle, keep and city lot people?

strabo and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I was in the 2nd group of Dukes and couldn't get a city lot in Brittany - the same person got all 4 Land City lots in Brittany, easy to get upset there as I thought I'd be fine. ;)

Numa, Mykll, Ice Queen and 1 other person like this.
  20. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

How does one person get all 4 lots??

Greyfox, Mykll and enderandrew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.