R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

4 Duke Pledges.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Fain, Alexander, Snikorts and 3 others like this.
  3. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

I do see why that's appealing. I suppose that they should have said "Pledge $10000 and you will be one of the first 20 to pick land. $5000 first 200. And so on. But I do also get that backers at that level would feel it's implied.

4. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

And a LotM pledge so they could claim the lots 5 minutes before the Duke start time.

Mykll and Ice Queen like this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Apparently they are doing it to all sizes.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think if people had quick access to peoples homes like the UO runes with mark and recall, where people are in the world would matter less. Just like in UO, it didn't matter where in the world we were, if someone had a rune to our home they could get to it quickly, shop around or visit with us, and be on their way. I loved having my runebooks filled with my favorite places to shop and people and places I visited often.

I would have liked the lot selection system to have stayed like it was presented to us and told it would be originally, that we had to use our largest deeds first and it would have been less of a headache and heartache from people. Some reason that got changed this year. I'm not unhappy with where I chose to place though and I did use my largest deed first. I don't think at this moment there really is a prime spot to be because we have no idea a year from now where people will gather for their shopping needs.

Toff, zyxe, Zader and 8 others like this.
  7. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Oh, well, that's just great. At least that answers it for me so I appreciate it. Do people pay real money to rent housing in an online game? I mean, purchase, sure. It's once and you're done, but... wow. It makes sense how they're doing it I guess even if I strongly disagree. A true capitalist there. It doesn't belong in games in my opinion. A monthly fee to play and I'm fine, everything else using in game currency. I'm not naïve, I know this has been going on for a long, long time. I just think it sucks, frankly. Gotta spend money to make money, right? Talk about working the system to maximize profit with more lots.

Shouldn't be implied either way in my opinion with as much money being handed over. Definitely should have been spelled out.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    zyxe, Snikorts and Mykll like this.
  8. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Exactly, that has been my entire and only problem with it. One minor tweak made this messy in my opinion. I didn't realize it had changed. The link to lot selection guidelines still reads the old way. I'm glad you got your spot. I'm in Harvest, on an island with a little boat to the mainland. It's ok but not worth what I spent. Harvest is a cloned map but I just like the name. Fall is my favorite time. I'm hoping they give it a design pass and make it autumn looking. It's a long shot but hey, I'm like 'meh' at this point about everything. I'll remember to take out a second mortgage on my house next time I want first picks at something. Heh, 'next time'...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    K1000, Snikorts, tazntaylr and 4 others like this.
  9. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

I believe that person is associated with someone fairly well known in Second Life. They develop (virtual) land which is then rented out for for a monthly fee. It's an accepted practice there and some people do quite well. It's a business for them. I believe they also have the Liberty POT outside Brittany. There are some similarities between SotA and SL. Kinda, sorta...

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

My
    I think you're correct. And using a POT is perfect for that. But taking all of the city lots from playing players is just plain ugly by any stretch of the word. This is our game, and we never consented to this activity.

A human being with a soul would have waited until the rush was over before doing stuff outside a POT.

Ice Queen, Abydos, Mykll and 2 others like this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Mark his name and boycott or something if you'd like. Right now the game doesn't have safe lot trading, so there anything could happen if you know what I mean.

In any case, there are 34 city lots available in Brittany Estate for those who want to live like real Barons and Viscounts by the way.

Acred, Abydos, Numa and 2 others like this.
  12. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I don't think I would ever rent a lot this way, but, I don't think it takes lots away from playing players. Somebody will rent it and be happy. If they don't they will stop paying and somebody else will rent it. If the owner can't find a tennant he will probably end up selling it and another player can pick it up, maybe even cheap. I prefer this to what I fear may happen with some squatted lots which may end up just being held onto even though they're not active used.

I know nothing about the person or group behind these purchases but man, they put a big investment into the game. From what I read (4 LOTM and a POT and then some) it's easily $50k, probably more.

Could/Should they have waited to advertise. Yeah, probably. But, I'm guessing they're looking at their pledge as an investment. And a risky one if launch doesn't go well and there's empty land everywhere.

Snikorts, Abydos and Mykll like this.
  13. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

It's like we already have our first "gold farmers" in this game. Yay. Get ready for in game spam when the forums don't work in renting out the place.

LoneStranger, Baalice and Tahru like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I think that he is guilty of exploiting the game via the land rush. He did not fairly complete for any lots. I happen to notice him grabbing the lots and swapping the owners. Wonder how many people he is screwing over at all the other lot sizes. It would not surprise me if he walks away with half of Central Brittney.

Taja, Fain, Theleb K`aarna and 4 others like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The community can respond by not buying from vendors on those lots.

Kara Brae, Acred, Ice Queen and 5 others like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Ditto. I thought from the very first that Owl's Head would be and remain to be one of the prime spots. But Kingsport is looking to be more attractive now because it has a direct link to Brittany. As an NPC town it's also better constructed - and the looks show it

17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yep! And by exposing it, it will help. Sadly he is using many accounts with all different names. So the only choice is to boycott rentals from anyone we don't know.

Can't pick on the lots though because people that rented are not at fault.

In the end, he is going to win. I am sure he is laughing at all of us. I don't think Port would even be able to identify all the accounts.

18. Numa

Numa Avatar

Agree with all your points 100%

PaxLair is going to be a major hub and that means the region (and the other POTS in it) stand to benefit.

And once the balloons, airships and ships start working - who knows where the new hubs will be ?

enderandrew and Tahru like this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

Scenic spots matter. That's why apartments in New York City that overlook Central Park cost an arm and a leg.

20. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Anyway, who really wanna live in Britalag ? Zoning are horible in this city.

Snikorts and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.