R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

This is an excellent strategy as people will be shifting their plots around even in the early stages. It's going to be clearer a month or two down the road what the prime locations really are. I expect the "secondary" prime locations to start freeing up then

Vermine, enderandrew and Tahru like this.
  2. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

They have Lord of the Manor accounts as well - at least 2, Guni and a string of something like oooOOOoooo. The lords of the manor claimed the city lots in central Brittany 2 minutes before the start of the Duke rush, thereby abandoning their castles ... but only for a few minutes until they could switch out to their Duke characters. Then they reclaimed the castles.

Baalice, Lord Lew and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The salvation of this game will be in the row lots - specially when the rental system comes into play. Then we can have honest to goodness cheap inns where struggling starting avatars can have a decent start in their SOTA lives.

Hazard, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  4. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I don't get it. Duke's can't claim castles.

5. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Precisely. So their LotM were not at risk when the plots opened up because the LotM claimed the smaller lots right before the Duke unlock. Then, once the rushers had left, their LotM would reclaim their original castle and the Duke accounts would claim the new lots.

6. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Ok, got it.

If in fact that is exactly what happened, that is certainly a manipulation of the lot selection system. I have said elsewhere that LotM's were justified in choosing whichever lot they wanted, whether that was a Castle or a Village, but if they were choosing and swapping lots in this manner simply to block other players from claiming lots until they could claim themselves, that is shady at best.

7. Fain

Fain Avatar

Since when have companies that sell virtual goods NOT been shady :p

8. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

it goes even deeper.. and its not shady, its exploit/gaming the system.. It is in fact what they are doing, and its not a one time thing.. they are sellers of virtual goods, they are here for the money not the game.. its sickening and needs to be dealt with harshly

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  9. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thank you Tahru for this help. I'm a complete new player having backed at the Kickstarter and thrust into the Land Rush for the (so far) biggest Rush at Group 29 tomorrow, I'm nervous... but it's a good nervous. I haven't been here since R1 at Owl's Head and I love the progress made and have been having a blast tooling around.

So, after scouring the forums I'm still wondering a few things from LOTM/Dukes/Barons from L32 Land Rush:

a. Multiplayer Online or Friends Online - does it matter? Does Friends Online even work in Land Rush? Might be nice to see someone else claiming the same lot...

b. Can you log in minutes (or hours) before and line things up like going to the lot, clicking the claim button, going through the deed selection window and selecting the deed?

c. Can you even press claim and just wait for the countdown on some atomic clock on the confirm screen?

Thanks!

Mykll and tazntaylr like this.
  10. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Exactly how I feel, to the letter. They're not players, they're here only to make real world cash. It happens everywhere, I know, but it should NOT happen here. I think a lot of us who originally backed the game were hoping Port could do things differently, as they've done with everything else. I've been a gamer a long time and usually have one active MMO account for something different, where you have to build up a character slowly. I've always hated the gold farmers, virtual sellers and the like. If it's just going to be part of the genre from now until eternity, my MMO days will probably be coming to an end. I took a long break after my last one. I've only come back here recently now that the land rush is on. I'm still interested in the game itself, but I'm seeing those same old trends again. Those virtual sellers/renters/whatever affected me by blocking lots in this manner. I'm hoping 'something' is done so I feel a sense of justice.

Edit: On the up side, there's always single player offline. Most of my gaming years have been single player anyway. I'm starting to remember why. :p

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Mykll, K1000, Pickley and 7 others like this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

A. I used spo mode so I wouldn't lag from other players. Not sure it mattered.

B. You can log in right now if you want to and be ready with deed in hand at the lot.

What I did was get to the lot 40 minutes ahead. I tested the sequence. About a minute before I repeatedly ran the sequence until I won. Once you get to the lot selection window, the sequence is literally press claim.. acknowledge and try again. You don't have to move or close the deed window.

You are not punished for clicking early or often.

12. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

````````````````````````
    I don't know if I'd go quite so far. It was definitely pushing the boundary a little to get people's hopes up only to crush them at the last minute, but ultimately someone paid LotM prices for the rights to place. And to be fair to them, they're not hiding anything. Guni's been buying and selling accounts on the Player Marketplace forum for well over a year, and his forum tag even includes the "oooOOOooo" name - so even the alt isn't hidden.

I was already having shades of buyer's remorse about Brittany Central before I even decided to try to grab that lot - at the time I didn't know about the balloon out of the city. But I figured the devs would never allow Brittany Central to remain undesirable, so I thought it was the safest long term selection.

Jatvardur likes this.
  13. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

What's this about a balloon out of the city?

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Next to the entrance spawn point for Central Brittany, there is a balloon that will take you out to the overworld. :)

15. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Ahh. Got it. Didn't realize the gate behind took you to the Estates rather than back to Novia. Thanks!

NRaas likes this.
  16. TranZdog

TranZdog Avatar

Starting at 4 PM today the largest group so far gets to start placing. a "LOT" of updates going to need to be done on the spread sheet.

This is turning into a game with in the game- Who would of though that updating a spread sheet could be FUN!

4EverLost, smack, cartodude and 5 others like this.
  17. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I'm in group 29 but my Lordly ass is using my first placement time to make history and be the first official resident of Bastion's Point with my alchemy shop :cool:

18. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Manipulating the market will happen at all levels. Everyone by some method is looking to capitalize on their virtual assets. Even someone giving everything away is seeking to manipulate their popularity.

Those out for pure profits worry me but they are also mostly good for the game. Pure profiteers add value and help to create a viable long term market for all virtual goods in a game. The profiteers provide a service for people to buy and sell goods. If people didn't use them, much like gold sellers, the businesses wouldn't exist.

A group going out and offering to rent/sell the "prime" real estate in the game even before lot selection is completed is in very poor taste. Bending the rules of the game to maximize the lots they can gather and cheat others out of a lot is in very poor taste. Focusing on recovering any expenses on the game at the expense of others in the game is in very poor taste.

If the Developers were to directly cheat and manipulate the market to revise what has been done the integrity of the game is seriously impacted. Long term, much like the old days of the market monopolies in the US, the government "developers" may have to intervene. A change as insignificant as moving a boat route can have significant impact on the market. Yet every outside influence the Developers initiate will impact everyone, not just the monopolies.

We as the gamers enable the existence of profiteering by employing their services. Certainly we all want to be successful in game and look for ways to make a deal profitable for ourselves. There is a line though between acceptable and poor taste.

We the gamer's hold one solution by not using the services of the large profiteers. Critical to remember in a boycott everyone loses the buyers and the sellers. Perhaps a better solution would be for the pure profiteers to realize we, your customers, are watching. Abuse the systems in place too much and expect retribution.

Some good will goes a long way. Ensuring your focus isn't on pure profits but rather the good of the game and the enjoyment of the community long term is important for continued success.

4EverLost, Mykll, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

As they are trying to bring real-world economics into the game, for real-world gain, after a substantial real-world investment on their part, treat them as you would any other real-world business whose practices you object to and refuse them business.

They made a risky investment, we have the ability to deny them a return on that investment.

20. Coren

Coren Avatar

That's a bit unfair. I for one expect neither money nor prestige: I'm hoping to get a decent lot because I want a nice base of operations - I'm more interested with convenience than anything else.

Duke Olahorand, Ronan, Mykll and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.