R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazntaylr

tazntaylr Avatar

I was in the first Lord group. Had my eye on a nice spot. First person interested, we talked and settled it. Next person decided to fight for lot, and then a third person popped in 2 minutes till and ended up with the lot. Got a better choice lot though. Disliked fighting over a lot.

Numa, Mykll and Tahru like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

3. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

What I am saying is that anyone in lot 91 with a deed already should get a shot at upgrading their deed to what ever is left over. No one should complain as everyone that has paid a lot already has already had their chance to get what they want. Why should backers get a double chance by blocking lots?

I do not understand why this would make backer not happy.

With regard to credibility, that has already been shot many times over, but backers still support the game as we believe in it. The only people that will not support future episodes of the game are the ones that can not exploit the game for there benefit.

So do we need those type of backers?

4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

On the other hand, expectations were set early the other way. People pledged based on that. It just comes down to who gets the short end of the stick.

[edit: It's probably no use talking about it. It's done and it isn't going to change. More money won out.]

5. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

When an airplane is empty the airlines don't let folks from the back of the plane lounge around in first class. You know why? because they would sell less first class seats if people believed there was a cheaper way to get there.

If there are empty castle lots in the game after group 91 then port can still sell them in game. This gives every player a chance to get it, even backers who only played $45 or even people who buy the game post-launch.

Mykll likes this.
  6. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Sorry I was the one who originally wrote about cockroaches. I have not stated that these where related to PLAYERS, as we need PLAYERS to grow this game, but it was related to companies who basically place prime spot lots at such speed to later sell/rent for real money that PLAYERS have no chance to have a good spot for them self .To me thay are no better then gold sellers or propably worse and a pl...e (I have to be careful now with words) to this comunity. It is sad to see that you yourself defend such companies. So if I have caused offence I humbly apologise as this was not my intention

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  7. tazntaylr

tazntaylr Avatar

Congrats.

Cassandra Corax and Tahru like this.
  8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

TWO AVATARS ENTER, ONE AVATAR LEAVES!

Numa, cartodude and Tahru like this.
  9. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

Actually when it comes to airlines, Yes, you can upgrade if you paid the extra fee as I have done it. Plus one of those times I was upgraded for free as I had enough point. The reason those seats are empty is because most people do not believe in spending the extra money. Which would happen here, its just here we do not get that option.

10. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Sorry, I believe I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant you wanted anybody to be able to claim larger lots with a smaller lot deed in group 91. Based on what your response to the airline analogy (people can pay to upgrade) I assume you meant that in SOTA holders of smaller deeds could pay to upgrade to a larger deed and claim the larger lot. Well. They can, both the bundles and pledges allow this. What I don't agree with is holders of smaller lot deeds being able to claim the bigger lots without upgrading.

Numa, Mykll, Camouflage and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Uhm... No congratulations, please... It was a bit of a snide post... That's a lot in my PoT... there was a 0% chance that I would have lost it.

And I'm being punished for my transgression as I've discovered that the lot is about half a meter off center, and I need to take everything apart and move it.

(OCDs a *****)

12. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

Sorry, if I was not clear. If you want to upgrade you will have to pay for it.

This helps in two ways,
    1. It will stop the blocking on deeds and force people to pick the deed they really want. Not just get one to sell later and be safe from people taking say a keep deed.
    2. It will bring in some more money for development.

Numa and Tahru like this.
  13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

:(

14. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

and 3. it already exists :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding - we're totally in agreement :)

Mykll and Tahru like this.
  15. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Well, I finally chose a Town lot in Xenos, very near town center so I'm happy. Still hesitate with one of the Town lots remaining in Brittany Warfs, but think I'll keep the one in Xenos.

tazntaylr likes this.
  16. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

How do you travel to Xenos?

17. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Overworld map boat next to Etceter, or Aerie. :)

StevieD likes this.
  18. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

This has really been discussed ad nauseum over years. It's been a known issue that people had problems with and it's been brought to Port's attention. They are not going to go back and undue promises they made to people who backed in some cases tens of thousands of dollars because a few prime commerce lots were taken.

And the option still exists! Want to back to compete for a keep deed with the whales during R91, put your money where your mouth is and go back at the Duke level. Everyone has that option. There are plenty of high value lots still out their. Raise your pledge and roll the dice just like those other Dukes and LotMs did.

Duke Gréagóir and Tahru like this.
  19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

@Fain I feel that. I think most of us are completely off our rocker investing so much money into a game. I may never do it again, (I hope for my wallets sake).

zyxe, agra, Mykll and 7 others like this.
  20. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Well said, @Fain. Edit: Well, the post before last, I mean. Maybe not the sh*t town one. :p

As far as Harvest, I'll have to wait and see how they change it up. Due to the name, I'm hoping for an Autumn theme but you never know. I did notice a few palm trees nearby so that was a bit disheartening when rooting for Fall. :confused:

@Tahru, I'm there with you at this point, and I most certainly did not feel that way about 2 weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.