R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazntaylr

tazntaylr Avatar

Fain
    I will wish you well in the game and the best of luck to your endeavors.

Fain and Tahru like this.
  2. Fain

Fain Avatar

I will edit it ;). I don't think it's abnormal to be emotional in times like this. I spent almost four hours at a social event trying to manuever my avatar remotely through my iPhone so a little frustrating was warranted :p

Mykll, Numa, tazntaylr and 2 others like this.
  3. tazntaylr

tazntaylr Avatar

I also feel you with Star Citizen.

Numa, Fain and Tahru like this.
  4. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Haha, that's your call. It just took me by surprise. I get the frustration, I really do.

Mykll, tazntaylr, Fain and 1 other person like this.
  5. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

I know I definitely won't.

zyxe, Mykll, Pickley and 4 others like this.
  6. Fain

Fain Avatar

If you're willing to change spots, I think almost all the spots in Elads Lighthouse are still open and I would love to have you as my neighbor ;)

7. Scorch

Scorch Avatar

Also ended up in Elads Loghthouse. I like the spot, near a bank and the water with a view of the lighthouse. Seems like it will be a great place to start from. Exciting to see the game starting to feel "real," at least for me. :) Thanks again for all the help!

8. Fain

Fain Avatar

Scorch, I'm honored to have you as a neighbor. Maybe it will be blessing in disguise. I have the town lot due south of the town crier and banker, west of the entrance to the town.

Let's make this a city worth visiting!

9. Flight

Flight Avatar

Two things here :

1. The general understanding seems to have been that people respected the right of the higher tier pledges to choose a lower tier lot BUT the understanding generally was that everyone would have to use their largest deed first; I'd suggest that if a larger size deed was then used for a smaller lot it should have been converted to a smaller size deed permanently to prevent shenanigans.

2. PoTs changed everything and should have meant lot selection was re-assessed.

The really bad thing for the game is that people are going to think twice before investing in similar things in the future.

AvatarGG, zyxe, Mykll and 4 others like this.
  10. Fain

Fain Avatar

@Flight

It could have been done better but it's over now. Initially, I hated my lot. Now, I am glad I have it. We have to appreciate what we have, there will always be a better location out there no matter which lot we choose.

Humility is a virtue. Sacrifice is a virtue.

Justice is a virtue for those that gamed the system.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

In today's post it said there are only 391 town lots left and there are far more players with town lot deeds? How will there be a lottery later for town lots or any lots? If they open new town lots for a lottery won't those who already own deeds just be able to place their town deed on it before going to a lottery?
    • Town: 391

Mykll and Tahru like this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

The counts only included the NPC towns. It didn't include the availability in PRTs.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Harvest I think is a story town and may in time be important. Also due to a story being developed there you may see more foot traffic but all this is in the future

Tahru likes this.
  14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

For me it is not so much about being offended but rather I see a dead end with the debate.
    We can have our opinions but let's find a better way to progress

The general hostility in the thread is not something we want to encourage among ourselves. I'm suggesting that everyone figures out an amicable way forward.

My defence of them is somewhat pragmatic. It is an Indy game that needs investment. They brought a lot of money for development which for many will be frustrating but not necessarily a wholly bad thing. It is difficult to balance desires of all players. Just my perspective on it.

Hope you can find some joy in the game. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  15. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Someone just updated Xenos to 0 town lots... sounded a bit wierd so I checked it out and 12 are remaining :mad:

AvatarGG, Tahru, NRaas and 1 other person like this.
  16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I was talking more about Royal Founders picking before everyone else. Beyond that, I'm fine with higher tiers selecting lower lots, with some tweaks as others have discussed previously in the thread.

zyxe, Mykll and Tahru like this.
  17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Ultimately the debate seems like a dead end. I actually really meant the main debate in this thread feather than our posts which were heading in the direction of a debate. The general hostility in the thread is ultimately regressive for the community.

I'm saying that I understand your sentiment but suggesting that your level of conviction is not entirely justified. The tone of your language seemed to me that it was rather absolute and hence appears as factual: confer "they are terrible" with "they seek terrible". (That's an illustration of my point rather than a quotation).
    The latter has less conviction. I'm worried that we are getting ahead of ourselves with some comments in this thread.

I've been reading along the whole time but seeing the dead end nature of the debate I'm appealing to your sense of reason to ask you to take a different tact. While my comments may have been cutting I would say they have been measured and critical rather than unduly hostile.

How do we all move forward here? Some folks may quit / sell but that isn't a good solution for everyone. We need to find a way to move forward with differing opinions. I think the game is vast enough that we can all play together (granted we won't like everyone).

Black Tortoise and Tahru like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

Thanks for that. I've had to do a few other corrections tonight too, but thankfully we have yourself and the rest of the community finding and fixing these. It looks like we'll be able to do a complete run through of all towns tonight. I'm headed over to Drachvald to update those towns and then will hit the PRTs along the Perennial Coast to finish up.

19. Dazzy

Dazzy Avatar

I've been lurking through the whole thread. Baalice tact has been fine. He's been respectful and diplomatic with the only people earning his ire being gold sellers while you've been aggressive and unpleasant. I suggest you take it to PMs if you still have a problem with him.

20. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I'm appealing for calm and a way to progress.

Good gaming to you. :)

Tahru and Dazzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.