Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why did you make tool engravings worse than Prosperity? (comparison pic of picks/scissors)

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by foolishwtf, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

I really don't understand how the happy balance you came up with for Tools made prosperity flat out better than any of the engraved tools. I'm not only pissed that I felt forced into buying such a powerful thing as ever lasting tools, but that you made the crafted versions not even worth using now that I have the resources to afford them to make them. Am I ignorant and missing a way to upgrade these past +1, I really hope that's the case.

Would it be too unreasonable to request the crafted tools be say 10-25% better in their respective bonuses compared to prosperity? Lets say 5% meticulous bonus and less negative on Heavy Iron, for example.

[​IMG]

Leelu likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't understand what you mean. Gold and True Bronze are both better than prosperity. I have prosperity and use engraved most of the time.

3. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

I value 3% meticulous too much, or you value it too little. Why do you think its better?

Leelu likes this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Because it's faster. Meticulous
    Because the engraved are significantly faster and even if meticulous was so good that 3% produced more harvested mats than the extra speed, the extra producer xp from the speed bonus is still far more valuable anyway.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They are not better at all. Cradted items have WAY more properties.

And this is in direct opposition wo the posts previously about Properioty tools sucking.

The way they are now is Gtg.

BTW crafted ones will last about a week - soooo.

6. Curt

Curt Avatar

To me your examples seems to prove the opposite that prosperity is worse than most engravings.

Katrina Bekers and Leelu like this.
  7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Striking the same node more than once does not give more XP (meticulous), so the tool that you can go thru nodes faster w/is the one to use.

Katrina Bekers and Leelu like this.
  8. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

Round two, which is best? This time we have a tie at least! In finishing tools exceptional is king, and here you only tie, why isn't crafted 4%+?

[​IMG]

9. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

Ok, well now I have no idea what to believe, turns out the tooltips on these can't even be trusted.

[​IMG]

10. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

Alright researched what was going on using /stats. Exceptional chance on the tooltips does not include the +exceptional chance on the tool, the reason gold and true bronze are 19% is because of the +tailor levels. Point still stands, crafted scissors are not as good as prosperity.

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

NOne of the tools are better than any others. When you value one tool over another you are applying your personal biases as to which property or properties your prefer. While you may value one property over another, someone else may not value that same property. Thus they are all different so that people can make their own judgement as to which they prefer to use because they value that property over another.

SmokerKGB and Alley Oop like this.
  12. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

That is a terrible cop out on the functionality of end line crafting (tailor/blacksmith). On gathering tools I'll give you that though.

13. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Well, the +Level property will become the absolute need when gaining a new skill level would take literally weeks of work.

If I'm lvl 150 and you're lvl 155, the difference in XP is monstrous.

At that point nobody in their sane mind would take the Prosperity tools.

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.