Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Multiplayer - Unplayable around players.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Tamorand, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamorand

Tamorand Avatar

From the time I reached Soltown until the time I finally had to forcequit. It was sliding characters, mobs, and loading of assets at a snails pace. Outside of town is still slow but it's ok, worldmap is fine. Load into a town with players in it and it just slogs to a crawl.
    I play wow on ultra, but have to have SOTA on Fastest with nearly everything turned off to play multiplayer. Tonight I'm going to try single player, and perhaps even offline mode just so I can experience the world without this mind numbing lag.
    Perhaps there is something I'm doing wrong, but I'm using the ingame settings and none seem to help.

4EverLost likes this.
  2. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Turn off nameplates (options, or just hit the N key)
    There's currently a bug with the text renderer, and turning off nameplates makes it MUCH bearable, even when not around other players.

3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

hmm Stretch goal request: roller skates

Derium likes this.
  4. Tamorand

Tamorand Avatar

I have tried both removing nameplates on players and on NPCs but the lag is terrible.
    I have recently tried to use single player mode and I'm able to move around with lag spikes that occur every 20-30 steps.
    Player housing causes a complete stall in the game. As soon as I approach a player house the game stops and it draws in all of the decorations, once complete I'm able to run around again.
    If I'm on the world map, it's less laggy, and if I'm in a zone that has only monsters(mobs) and no players or player housing, the lag is not unbearable, but still exists.

I am a backer of no small amount, I want this game to make it just as bad as anyone. This isn't bitching, I legitimately want this game to work right so I can enjoy it.
    So please, if the game can't be run on a 60 Mb Down, 6 Mb Up, 19 MS connection with 2 Gb of Video Ram, and 4 Gb of system memory with an i5 Processor, please let me know, as this is frustrating as can be.
    If nothing else I should be able to successfully run this at it's lowest possible settings with no other programs running at all.

:)

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Friends-only mode performs much better for me. Your mileage may vary.

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

4 GB RAM might be pushing it. is your Windows 32bit or 64 bit? If it's 64-bit, i would recommend to upgrade the ram to at least 8 GB.

The game ran "OK" on my surface pro 2 at the fastest settings.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

4GB is not enough wow. 16 GB is standard issue these days on most machines, 8 minimum

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I have 8 gigs memory and have a hard time in multiplayer right now. I am hoping its because it is not optimized. My load in screens go anywhere from 1 min to 5 min. In soltown I have tried repeatedly to go into multiplayer but between the items from lot placement and the people standing around casting I can hardly move.

10. RoStudios

RoStudios Avatar

It's because the game is CPU dependant than GPU. I run SLI, and my cards stay idled, what a waste. I am hoping with will change by launch. This is my hope.

Ravicus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.