R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elay

Elay Avatar

I was torn between Estgard and Harvest - ended up across the water from you in Harvest - right next to the town square, in the block of 4 village lots next to the crafting pavilion - looks the same as Estgard, at least at the moment.

I really struggled to make up my mind largely because there were literally only a couple of lots taken in each - I'm really hoping that over the next few weeks that both Estgard and Harvest get full as I think with them being so close to each other they could drive trade for each other quite nicely.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I like that not many people live there. Cheap fuels and you can always sell stuff at a guild vendor in Brittany if you have one.

Baalice and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

They should allow us to friend our servants or vendors. My vendor has such tasteful dress and good looks, he is a great friend and teleport target.

zyxe, Baalice and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  4. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

*waves*
    Hello neighbor, welcome to Westend where there is no bad location!

Baalice and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  5. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I just updated the R32 screenshot thread with some areas I found which are still pretty awesome spots. My quick look around one area tonight shows that there is plenty of good spots still available.

Tahru, smack, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  6. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

ah you got one of the land town lots *jelous* :D

Lets hope the walled holdfast remains when it becomes uncloned in the future?!

Baalice, Tahru and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  7. Coren

Coren Avatar

My understanding is that most uncloning should entail no structural changes - only cosmetics (I seem to recall reading that Xenos what the last to be changed substantially).

Baalice, Tahru and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  8. Elbregan

Elbregan Avatar

thanks for the great post! the screenshots are encouraging I hope there are some scenic left in a few days :)

Tahru, smack and Cordelayne like this.
  9. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

You're not wrong, but just running around the world map, there are TONS of POTs, so many that I have zero desire to even check any out (and I haven't). I'm sure some towns will rise in popularity but i'd say 99% are doomed to obscurity. I think they should've been managed better, but I understand they were a great cash cow for Portalarium.

10. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

P.O.T.'s may be desirable by those who want to be close to the benefits/conveniences of a big NPC Town, but do not want to deal with the clutter and lag -- being in a P.O.T. that is connected to an NPC Town means a resident is mere steps away from the NPC Town, but has a quieter place to live...but opinions are unique to each person.

PRT's will gain population for the same reasons...many are very close to NPC Towns, and in reality no matter where one is located traveling from one side of the continent to the other is not that big of a deal, as many seem to want to make it sound.

Many are, in my opinion, stuck on the idea that to have a successful vendor they MUST be on the main thoroughfare of a big NPC Town, full of foot-traffic, etc. In reality a successful Vendor will thrive based on price, quality and reputation. Due to the fact we cannot search for items in any way except to physically go to each vendor, open the menu and scroll through the offering, then move to another vendor and then another vendor and then another vendor...people will get fed up with that quickly, and those who advertise their wares/prices and offer good price:quality ratio will thrive and customers will go to them, even if they have to travel for a moment or two to get there. Again, travel across the map takes a few minutes -- so not being in a high-density area is not the end of the world. But everyone is free to do whatever they want.

Numa, Tiki Pirate, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 for your profile pic! One of my all time favorite movies! :D

12. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Hear hear! This is the truth come join us in Westend only 25 lots remain! :cool:

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Jennifer Connelly was smokin back in the day :)

Vesper Merchant and LoneStranger like this.
  14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

The video is fitting, since sometimes I run around scenarios and it seems I'm not getting anywhere.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Totally! Had a huge crush on her as a kid from this movie. :p

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  16. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I picked Harvest over Estgard because I could not stand the constant wind noise soundtrack nor the spiked log wall. And you know with a name like Harvest the biome is going to be nice and the environment clean. And if I need to be in laggy Brittany, I can walk there in about 30 seconds.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    zyxe, Baalice, smack and 2 others like this.
  17. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Shhhh no more talk of H-town. Let's not advertise this crappy town for everyone so I can take the community hit for everyone and place on a water lot I have my eyes on in there. Nothing to see in this town, nope. Move along.

18. Elbregan

Elbregan Avatar

Last month we saw the movie Labyrinth at the Colorado Red Rocks amphitheater with prelude tribute to David Bowie by a bunch of "school of rock" kids. It was awesome! the crowd went nuts when Ludo was calling for help from his rock friends out there in the rock canyon.

LoneStranger likes this.
  19. Yeorl

Yeorl Avatar

I must bend like a reed in the wind.

I was in Group 38, and I too kept getting "pushed west" during lot selection trying to find a nice town lot in an NPC town. At first, I was pretty dejected ("Hey I spent a lot of money too", "No fair! People are gaming the system", etc.), but then I had a bit of an epiphany: this is all part of the game, so play it as a game and not as real life. This is supposed to be my escape, so just embrace it. I'm not here to run a virtual business or to compete for virtual "status" or maximize my virtual convenience (or competitive edge), I'm here to play. I do understand that such things are important to others, and I do not begrudge them for that. What I finally realized is that such things were just not really all that important to me.

So, I put on my big-boy RPG pants and went all the way to the ass-end of the map to Goti, picked the exact lot I wanted, and am settling in for the long haul. I will try to create something worthwhile there along with all of the other "refugees". At my selection time there were still many decent lots in NPC towns mid-map and near plot centers, but something about the herd-mentality avoidance of the remote corners of the map got my dander up, so I decided to take the road less traveled.

Am I rationalizing? Maybe. But I want this game to be a fun experience, and not a stressful one. If reading these forums is any indication, this land rush has definitely blurred the lines between fun and stress for many. For myself, while it started out painful, it ended positive. Yes, it was positive because I got a decent lot somewhere, but more so because the process triggered some personal self-reflection about what this game means to me and why I backed it in the first place: fun, not competition.

Of course, YMMV.

Cheers.

20. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

You said exactly pretty much what I meant by my "out of the way" plot than I did.

Vesper Merchant and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.