Ransom Notice: I have your Steampunk Pets.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Blackthorn, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

i am on the side of "its pretty lame that you are doing this"

Acred, gsmith78 and MagiK like this.
  2. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I know this can all be in good fun, but think about this, if this were say your 8 year old whom you know scraped up his allowance to spend...and he picked this game....it doesnt set a good example and you may well be crushing a young childs dreams.. you dont know the player.so followed a childish whimsy that seemed like fun.....but what if it were your child? what if it were to turn out the child only had days or months to live or had some debilitating disease? You dont know so you had fun.......on one hand I can see your point, on the other Ive lived in better environments and am sad to see the defensive nature it inspires in people.......or perhaps Im just in a philosophical mood....there is a reason my house is still empty after a week or so.

Acred and Mykll like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There's a balanced stealing mechanic in the game that requires players to level up skills.

Walking into someone's home that obviously either doesn't understand how the permissions mechanics work, or the permissions mechanics failed to work, is not a great feat of skill - it's an abuse of the mechanics. The name Tasselhoff Burffoot deserves better.

Still, if it were me I'd pay the 1000 gold and write the post. Then learn how the mechanics work and lobby the devs to explain how the mechanics work better because they're kind of confusing. Which is why I put everything I own on the highest setting by default because it's hard to test the permissions as a solo player.

Acred, gsmith78, MagiK and 2 others like this.
  4. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Public shaming? A little extreme my friend. Is this community so prideful at this point that writing a short humble fyi on cache chests is a hit to their psyche?

The person sent out a public invitation to tour a home which had unsecured pledge rewards and under a small condition, I am returning those items and I'm the bad guy?

Also, specific to mechanics, Portalarium sent info numerous times saying these should not be used to store valuables.

Hehe I think egos need to be checked at the door. As I already said previously, it's all in good fun.

Acred and FrostII like this.
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

What i see is pve version of full loot. ☺

6. Drocis the Devious

I don't think that's it.

In my case it's easy for me to put myself in someone else's shoes. They have a chest, there is a permissions system, it's confusing. You may not want strangers to be able to get into the chest, but you might be fine with a few friends looking in there. Maybe you don't mind people putting items into the chest, but you don't want them (even friends) taking items out of the chest. How's that work exactly? Does that work the same way or differently for public cache chests that allow you to use the same permissions? I don't know, I have thoughts on the matter but I haven't tested them enough to trust them.

This person may have thought the items were protected and was wrong. I don't fault them for that. I don't fault you for making this post either. But let's be clear, you can't expect to post a ransom letter (which is what this is) and expect people to think it's "all in good fun". That's not really how a ransom works, even if it is for just 1000 gold and a story.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, it's wrong but I say - now that we're persistent... Lock your doors, don't keep stuff in public cache chests you're not giving away, and be aware others are running around on your property. No excuses

Acred and enderandrew like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Is there a min/max word limit on the essay ? ;)
    No, I own no home in Solania - just smiling along in this thread........:cool:

Acred and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This is so epic lol... Classic Tasslehoff Burrfoot!!!

10. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

lol , I don't think people recognize the name. Semi in character too.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Wow, this guy grabbed the stuff and is just having fun returning it to the person in a role play way. If you dont know who Tasslehoff Burrfoot is, he is the Kinder thief in the D&D Dragon Lance series. This guy actually saved the person from loosing all of this stuff to another person who would not be nice and offer to return it. How quickly people jump on him for this generosity is ridiculous... come on...

12. Drocis the Devious

No. No it's not. In fact it's quite the opposite.

Tasslehoff Burrfoot would never ransom anything. He was a Kender which is a race that is predisposed to compulsively "borrow" or "find" items that others have mistakening lost or misplaced. Tasslehoff was "childlike" as all Kender are.

The OP is no Kender. He's an Avatar with a Kender name.

13. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

*double take*

You owned the Solania Home? I only asked for one essay.

So, while BDF sorts this out and cures smallpox while he's at it...we are in general chat.

Anyone know any good jokes?

Acred and FrostII like this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

There once was Kender named Tas, he was always a pain in the ass. He would borrow and find but always was kind. He would never ransom, he had more class.

15. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I logged in the other day and Portalarium had posted a daily message concerning public chests and that they are public, asking those not to place items there that they don't want to disappear. Seems that some people never bother to read these 'important' messages.

Acred, Tasslehoff Burrfoot and Mykll like this.
  16. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

That was quick, I love it.

17. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Auto stacking.

Turock and Acred like this.
  18. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Agree 100%.

It's really hard to know what's mine and what I borrow when its all umstacked and strewn out like that, but I'm confident a patch is in the works.

: )

19. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How about a compromise - just in case the person who owns the home embarrasses easily and is willing to depart with the pet just so as to not have to reveal him/her self publicly.
    Allow them to write the essay and PM it to you, and you could post it here without his/her name .
    That should serve the purpose, right ?
    And if people really, really want to know who owns the house - then can just haul themselves to the spot and check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.