Questions re: P.O.T. Public Gardens and Moontower NPC Buildings

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Celthon, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Does the Public Garden NPC Building for a P.O.T. function, as in are Residents able to grow plants in the gardens? Is it first come/first served -- so if a Resident has plants growing others would have to wait until that person is finished. Do Residents have to pay a fee to use the garden spots? Is there any sort of mechanic involved that would prevent a resident from immediately Replanting after Harvest, and thus continue to use the garden spots until asked to share the space by the Governor?

Does the Moon Tower NPC Building have any function?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I believe this to be part of the Public Gardens feature, which is not yet available. In the Final Wipe and Lot Selection post, Starr had this note for the Post-Wipe Schedule:

I do not see this on the Q3 Schedule, so these probably wont function until late this year.

As far as the Moon Tower, right now its probably only decorative. It may either have a Blessing attached to it, or be useful in town sieges if those are extended to POTs. Havn't heard anything yet.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

The POT green house is pretty cool. Comes equipped with a carpentry station. Just wish it was a bit larger and had more planters.

4. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

It is possible to "phase" the raised beds. As is done in other games, you remain in a multiplayer environment but a specific resource is instanced so multiple players in the same scene can access it simultaneously and independent of one another.

It's done in FF14, but I'm not sure if the devs are going to go this far with development.

5. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Do the planters in the P.O.T. Public Gardens NPC Building work...have you placed one in your P.O.T. and used them? That is the one I was asking about in the first Post...I may not have worded it correctly?

Note: My P.O.T. is not in-game yet (presumably it will show up in Release 33) -- so I have not been able to experiment with the various Buildings, etc. to learn first-hand, so while waiting I've been a pain in the ass asking questions re: the functions, tools available, etc. in a P.O.T.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

AFAIK - It's not functional yet, but the carpentry station works.

Celthon likes this.
  7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

As with the Oracle.

8. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

As others have stated, the Public Gardens NPC building isn't yet functional, and is on the Post Wipe Schedule. I found the NPC Public Garden to be too small, and opted to construct my own on a Town Lot... I could even put a carpentry station in it... but I not sure how useful that would be.

There have been several uses for the Moon Tower proposed over the last few years including "powering" a whole scene, so that Aether Amplifiers and other such devices would function... Originally a lot would need power in the form of a Windmill or other generation device to be able to use an AVA or similar device. I don't know if this is still in scope. A second proposed use was to protect the scene from NPC Sieges. I also don't know whether NPC sieges, or making POTs susceptible to them are still on the roadmap.

This leads into the larger question of the Blessing System and the particular uses of the Monuments in general in POTs. We've not received any more information on them or what specific blessings they might confer.

Acred likes this.
  10. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you for the reply and information.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.