Solution for the Headache of Lot Placement

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Rowell, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Here is a simple solution to the "High Traffic" areas of all the towns and cities.

Each town scene has several gates/exits out to the overland map.
    Yet, when a player comes close to a town on the overland map, they are only given one "Enter" button, which places them at the same entrance, thus creating a Prime thoroughfare for traffic.

Instead, why not display to the user a button for each gate in the town that leads out to the overland map? Instead of having one "Enter" button that places you at the same entrance, why not display 4..5..6 buttons, that allow the user to choose which section of the town they want to enter from?

That way, there is not only a small handful of "prime" locations (for vendoring/advertising purposes). Rather, you create several districts which the player can choose to enter into.

It would make the whole ordeal of lot selection less painful, and less caustic, and allow for more players to be able to get more traffic, as well as allowing players that own property in far corners of the town the ability to get closer to their homes (so they don't have to run 15 miles to get home).

2. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

I like this, I'd also like to see it in regular scenes, as I don't understand the point of discovering and making note of other exists on my compass... if they just go away as soon as I leave the scene and can't easily get back to where I exited from.

Shade Cido and Whyterose Flowers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.