R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Jaanaford - people coming and going so the numbers keep going up and down. Presently 12/31. There was a vacant village water lot yesterday, but someone who already lived in Jaanaford snagged it.

Theleb K`aarna and smack like this.
  2. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Tried to claim my lot, said I did, but when i clicked the stone again it was unclaimed. Tried to claim it again, asked me to transfer my deed, said sure (I only have this one deed) and says now there is an error. Ugh.. :eek:

Theleb K`aarna likes this.
  3. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

sounds like you got it but the client is bugging.

Mykll likes this.
  4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Yeah I quickly got that [PELICAN] network disconnect error. So quit completely out and about to start up the client again. :)

Edit:
    Yep got back in, got my plot. I now live in Harvest with my "out of the way Village Water Lot". :D

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Baalice, Saosis, Spoon and 4 others like this.
  5. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Well so far not thrilled with the village water lot. Can't place balloon, which yeah is expected now. That's fine. But I am unable to find any place to drop my basement hatch. Either inside the house, outside house on pier, or on the land directly, even though, especially on land (where it makes most sense) it can fit. Unable to place the original small beat up hot tub anywhere even though it will fit with plenty of room on a corner of the pier. But I CAN place a small longboat, which visually takes up more space than the hot tub and hatch.

So I am half lost, or half don't know what I am doing, or maybe full of both.

smack and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  6. Kherris

Kherris Avatar

I'm finally logging for the night, but there seem to be plenty of village lots left in Brittany Fields. I put a 4-story row house on a village lot just SE of the NE gate. There was an open lot right next to me during the hour and a half that I spent messing around with furnishings. As far as I can tell, when I swapped houses, my vendor went back to the bank, but I can't find the items I put in his inventory to sell. It wasn't a lot of stuff, but this might be something to avoid. I'll search a little harder after I get some sleep... :) Have fun!

/Edit OK, my few items of vendor stuff showed up in the bank the next day. It doesn't seem to be an issue, and I was probably just too sleepy to find it. I must resist buying a better house for that lot... I have over $7K in Star Citizen, so I know that I could lose control and try to buy the whole town... :) I only backed to support Richard, but the game is looking better than I ever expected!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Lord Blackthorne, smack and Kara Brae like this.
  7. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

I put mine outside on land... would look silly inside the boat... they should have made basements with wooden/boat walls then it would have made perfect sense to have inside the boat :)

Mykll likes this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Water lot owners need basement space even more than other lot owners. If you can't place your hatch I would submit a bug report.

Kaisa, Albus, smack and 3 others like this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Yeah I tried to place mine on that little strip of land out front, scooting and rotating it all over the place just in case. When that didn't work I tried on the pier and inside the little house on the pier, everywhere. Good to know that it SHOULD work. I'll put in a bug report or something. I think I have a few more to add in. Like my eagle sounds like some demon or something. And too bad my mini pets counts towards my two max NPCs I can have. Maybe more will roam around inside the basement when I get that fixed?

10. smack

smack Avatar

Managed to update every town tonight with the help of other players out there! Many thanks!

Current stats:
    1204 lot claims (1096 NPC + 108 PRT)
    2205 total lot deeds (Groups 1-47)
    54.6% lot deeds claimed (not counting in POTs; and Group 47 just started)

100% claimed:
    1. Owl's Head
    2. Soltown
    Kingsport (86.5%) and Braemar (80.0%) are not far behind!

828 Edelmann (Groups 46-54) are currently up and will be claiming through Friday. Good luck everyone!

11. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Just logged in to check. 7/31 village lots left in Jaanaford. I see edelmann houses popping up. At least it will help balance out some of the knight houses I see all over here.

Edit: All lots on lower and upper water fall are gone. The remaining 7 are either in the circle lots (3) or at the far end of town (4).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  12. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Westend is down to 7 village & 13 row only :eek:

Ronan and smack like this.
  13. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I've been in Soltown all week finally doing some starter quests and battles trying out decks and whatnot. I came 'home' to Harvest to start on my house items. When I left, I was the sole resident. I was suprised to see actual houses built, not the default ones you see on lots, but real players. Wow! I had to walk around and click on all the stone markers or for sale signs to see who grabbed some. I ended up at the bank to put some stuff away and grab house items. Then it hit me. Hey, wait. So I went past the vendors, over the bridge that leads to one of the two islands on the map. This one has a wooden pier-like bridge connecting it to the mainland. There's also an island castle lot further out to sea. As I approached the lake side, I caught a glimpse of a cabana on the water's edge. I thought, I think I know who 'that' is! Sure enough, clicking on the stone showed me it was claimed by @Mykll Valiant! I hope this was your first pick, cause boy, were you nervous! Congrats and welcome to the neighborhood! My house is actually on the other island on the map, connected by rowboat.

Harvest still has room to grow!

Numa, K1000, Vesper Merchant and 2 others like this.
  14. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Hah yep I was nervous. Well I liked by your house because of waterfalls and such. It was by the entrance so I didn't see the rest of the place yet. Saw some water lots, and thought cool I could plop down there. Then went exploring. I wanted the water lot on the other side of the island, but looking at sotamap.com there is the potential of someone putting a huge spot down right in front of me in the water, blocking my nice ocean view. So I went exploring some more. And found my little place off to my self with a great view of the ocean and night skies and such. So yes this became my number 1 spot and was able to grab it.

Now, once the little issues are fixed with placements and basement hatches and such, then I could be very happy here.

Edit:
    Now I need to change my sig.

Baalice likes this.
  15. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I was hoping to live in Harvest, but with the lottery system coming into play and so few honest details about it, I don't think it will happen before it fills up now.

16. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

What kind of house lot size whatnot were you hoping for?

17. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Come over to Westend we can be neighbors in game and IRL!

18. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

Westend is great because it has wonderful NPC vending there, but I prefer not to live in a swamp if I can help it. But it's on my next-choice list!

Ronan likes this.
  19. Lutyi

Lutyi Avatar

Brekken Bay is AWESOME! Its a PRT but has the exact same layout as Xenos, lake, river, waterfall, hills, sea, AAAND has all the NPCs, services, trainers, traders, stations, etc and is 2 steps nort of Britanny, YAY!!! Happy camper here! :)

thewulf, zyxe and Tahru like this.
  20. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I've got my town lot on Xenos, but still have a row lot to place when the time comes. Hesitate between Harvest and a PRT. Will give Brekken Bay a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.