Ugly curse of the Cursor !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Animosh, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

I do not play everyday or even sometimes every month. I now see an ugly cursor in the middle of my screen. it seems to be located behind my character as I can get the back of my head centered in it. I looked through the menus and did not see an option for it.

I did however see an option to target self with mouse. Which does not work any more >=(

How can I turn this abomination off??
    Can I get my mouse cursor back please?

Acred and Ice Queen like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

3. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

This did not work :sadpanda:

Tab gave my mouse back (sort of) but that nasty crosshair is still there.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Hrmm... then perhaps this will help make sense of it all:

Targeting Mode Versus Interactive Mode

There are two primary modes of interacting with the world. Targeting mode and Interactive mode.

You may toggle between the two modes at any time by pressing the Tab key. You may also enable holding the Cursor Toggle key (Tab by default) to enter Interactive mode from the game options menu.
    In Targeting mode there is no mouse cursor on-screen. Moving the mouse moves your view in the corresponding direction. You may move normally with the WASD keys.
    Pay attention to the reticle on your screen. The reticle changes depending on what sort of object or creature you are looking at or have targeted.
    • White X: No target
    • Red Crosshairs: A hostile NPC or Avatar, in attack range of your weapon.
    • Orange X: A hostile target out of attack range of your weapon.
    • Green Circle: An interactive object or NPC, out of range.
    • Green Cog: An interactive object or NPC, in range.
    • Harvesting Tool: A harvestable resource node.
    Double left-clicking when the reticle is over an object causes the Avatar to interact with it in the appropriate way. Switches will be flipped, doors will be opened or closed, NPCs will be conversed with, and resource nodes will be harvested.
    By default, entering combat stance (with the Z key) automatically switches to Targeting mode. This can be disabled from the options menu if desired. When in combat stance, click the left mouse button to make the Avatar swing their melee weapon or fire their ranged weapon.
    If the reticle is over a sufficiently close enemy, the Avatar will attack them. The reticle will snap to the enemy and turn into a red crosshair if they are close enough to hit. Ranged spells (like Fire Arrow) will be cast at whatever the reticule is over.

Pressing Tab toggles Interactive mode. Interactive Mode places a mouse cursor on screen, allowing access to menu options and user interface elements. The game automatically enters Interactive mode when you open a menu or use an object that requires the mouse to use properly, such as when you open a chest or enter conversation with an NPC.
    Holding down the Right mouse button in Interactive mode allows you to move the camera around for a better view. If you aren’t comfortable with this default setting, you may invert how this works with an option in the Options menu (the gear icon). Holding down both the left and right mouse buttons causes the Avatar to run forward.
    You may still enter combat stance in Interactive mode, but note that left-clicking on an enemy will not cause you to select or target them. Left-clicking will still cause the Avatar to swing or fire their equipped weapon towards the reticle, regardless of where the cursor is.

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

There's a reticle transparency slider in the options, you can hide it completely.

Tahru, enderandrew and Acred like this.
  6. pkarapan

pkarapan Avatar

There seems to be a bug now where the mouse cursor won't disappear while in targeting mode. Hitting TAB still switches between targeting and interactive mode, but the mouse cursor never disappears, even when the targeting reticle appears in targeting mode. It's kind of annoying. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

7. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

As a detail, I observed that when you have something targeted with the reticule, it become a circled cross, when it's not your target, it is a cross with open spaces in the circle around it.
    I notice when looting that sometimes the cog wheel is light blue instead of green, does anyone know why?

8. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

According to the prophecy,

you have to wrap yourself in ham and do the lambada dance on one leg during a cloudless fullmoon night while a pair of virgins play the piano...to get rid of this.

I couldnt try it yet.

Edit...and to stay o Topic before someone shoots me...its in development. I simply have to hit the TAB key a few hundred times a day.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Probably an undead corpse, right? It stays blue in case another undead can raise that one (skele mages and lich mages can raise dead undead, heh). The XP is not rewarded while the cursor is blue. Loot the corpse, you get the XP and it cannot be raised.

Acred and Rebelweasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.