Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"4" key sometimes focusing chat window

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by kazafk, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazafk

kazafk Avatar

Hi,

first im not sure if this may be a bug, or if its just somewhere in the settings related to the setting to keep chat active after using it, which i dont have activated tho and i cant reproduce this properly. Im tending to think its related to something in the interface.

Im using a gamepad, so i can play on the Tv from the couch sometimes when im grinding up my skills a few hours, cause its more relaxing and fun. I mapped all my keys with xpadder and it worked fine for all releases since im playing the game. Never changed anything in default keybinds etc, it just worked for me quick and easy.

Since rel32 im fighting with the problem, that sometimes the key "4" to use a skill seems to activate the chat window, and puts a "4" into it when i dont notice it and press 4 again...I cant reproduce it too, since it happens only every few hours or not at all a day and i couldnt find anything at all to solve it (i think i need to do something special to make it happen, but dont know what it could be).
    It doesnt happen on every other key. I mapped they key to numpad 4 and it happened too. If it happened once, it does it again, if you press the 4 again and cant be fixed. Logging out and back in solves my problem and everything works fine again for hours or the whole play session (thats why i believe its game related, since the logout+in solves it)

grtx+thanks for help

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. kazafk

kazafk Avatar

Since latest patch i didnt have my issue again (build460). Eventually something along with it fixed it,gotta wait and see, will report back.

I didnt set myself to afk when gone since patch too, so its maybe cause i didnt use the chat window too much, didnt do any questing too, again reducing chat. Will report back of it stays fixed, or not. Basically since patch i used the chat window only for zone and private whisper, so it seemed not related to that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.