Yew Settlers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zed Drebin, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zed Drebin

Zed Drebin Avatar

Well met, Avatars!

Thought I would continue the settler's trend and start a Yew Settlers thread.

I hope there is not another thread. Since 'yew" is too short a string to search on I think this is the first. :)

My Avatar Is Zed Drebin. My tower is to the south west of the vendor stalls.

I spent about 12 years deep into UO and still have two towers there but have not been in world in a very long time. I will be creating a guild called The Council of the Nine. A guild of mages dedicated to knowledge and truth. We had a good run in UO and I hope to create some new stories and to continue the legacy. Our old guild web site is still on-line in case anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.councilofnine.org/

Looking forward to meeting folks...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    x_Selene_x, K1000, Concord and 7 others like this.
  2. Azur

Azur Avatar

These threads by town are a great idea but I think they deserve their own forum section @Berek ?

EDIT: typo

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Adam Crow, K1000, Sway and 6 others like this.
  3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Town specific forum sections? That's an interesting idea.

4. Azur

Azur Avatar

Yes, I think we've seen enough of these now to say there is a demand. I think it will help with the communities in the individual towns.

K1000, Sway, Theleb K`aarna and 4 others like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I would start with regions first to promote regional economy.

If we drill into individual towns, we'll end up with hundreds of empty sub forums.

6. Azur

Azur Avatar

I just mean a single 'towns' forum where we could put all these posts. Regions works too. Sorry Yew we seem to have slightly derailed your thread.

7. Fain

Fain Avatar

I think regions would be a cool idea! It would also be a centralized place for us to pick up best practices from what other communities are doing.

8. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

At minimum I think a section on the forum with sub forums for region would be a great idea. Let's test with Drachvald! :p

9. Zed Drebin

Zed Drebin Avatar

Agreed and no worries :)

Sway, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  10. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

I shall right the thread of state...

I am the Avatar Merv DeGriff... I own the tiny little mage tower on the hill. If you visit, please don't feed my raven Azori any cheese... I just installed a new bird bath.

RL me is hanging out in the desert southwest doing QA and final tier support work. I was a UO nut as well on Baja... I don't plan on joining or forming a guild just yet as I am playing with several friends.

Cheers!

11. smejworth

smejworth Avatar

Only five lots left! Great to see a nice mix of housing going in.

I managed to snag the plot just to the south east of the south west exit, pretty much the best spot I could have hoped for. Zero direct neighbours! :D

I'm in AU but will check the Council of Nine site.

Concord likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Would this include POTs in addition to PRTs and NPC towns?

13. Concord

Concord Avatar

Greetings fellow Yew residents! Name is Concord Dragon; never played UO, but a deep fan of U5, U6, U7 and U9. I've acquired and build a cozy home on a lot just a bit to the SW of the village center. Lots of trees, and a 4-story tree for sale too (public vendor), for anyone wanting something really impressive. (Sort of confused by map on sotamap.com though - http://www.sotamap.com/?map_id=342) ... still need to learn the best means to craft or acquire chests/containers for storing resources in-home...

K1000 likes this.
  14. Concord

Concord Avatar

Yew townsfolk: the signage out by the main entrance claims the town is currently based on a clone of another's layout, and due to be replaced by an original scene. Anyone heard rumor of when such a replacement might happen, and what it might look like four our little ol' Yew?

Zed Drebin likes this.
  15. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Kiln is a waypoint between fauns and humans, so I could see Yew being on the frontier where the kobolds mingle with the humans as well.

Could be the nomadic tribes that mix there as well. It is the closest town to the North Paladis Shardfall, so could be tied into that area -- or the area underneath.

Zed Drebin likes this.
  16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

There's something going on in Yew, that's for sure. I had my bow out on auto and accidentally shot one of the NPC guards. He chased me down and started punching me!

Zed Drebin likes this.
  17. smejworth

smejworth Avatar

Sydney AU here..

Zed Drebin likes this.
  18. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

The outlander Merv DeGriff built a little mage tower and now things are happening. So...

I wanted to ask the other residents of Yew.... I may include sketches of other homes in Yew in the background of panels if they are well placed or interesting to the short takes I draw. It may also include you in the background as an extra if you interact with me in character and are memorable. (I don't play anyone's character for them, that's not cool.)

If you do not want to be mentioned or see your home, please let me know. I'll ask ahead of time, but if someone is super paranoid I want that resident

See Post:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/mervs-tower-comic.58579/#post-627061

FYI, there is one character from this comic that I will be asking to be an NPC in Yew once its un-cloned. You'll understand. Give me hand here DEV+ folks. (Hint.... MY CHICKENS!)

Zed Drebin likes this.
  19. FireFly63

FireFly63 Avatar

Hail fellow Yew'vians!

My ancestor, Aurora The Admirable, survived Mondain's shattering of the Gem by fleeing to the shard of Napa Valley and settling in Yew. After many seasons in Felucca, and a later move to Trammel/Malas, Aurora passed and her ashes scattered to the winds... literally, an air elemental scattered her ashes far and wide.

Rheyd MacGhilleAndrais is my name and I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I have come home to Yew and after dragging many a stone up the path through the North Yew Gate, I have built along the bluff the monstrosity in which I now live.

Rheyd is a quiet sort who enjoys knives, crafting, and adventuring with knives, along with clanmates Khirlian and The Del'Luran's.

ooc I like the idea of a Settlers forum!

Modu, Zed Drebin and Concord like this.
  20. smejworth

smejworth Avatar

Does anyone know what scene Yew was cloned from?

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.