In Spite, of Britannia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ben_Hroth, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

[Moderator: I looked where to post this and the "Guilds and Town Halls" seemed to be for Guilds and POTs. If this is the wrong place to post this, please move it to the appropriate place!]

I checked Smack's great Land Rush spreadsheet and Spite is now up to 31.7% occupancy, which is great news for my new hometown!

[ https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r32-land-rush-status.55620/ ]

I did a quick survey and mapped out the lots taken and where everyone is. Spite is interesting since it's not at the center of New Britannia but rather on its fringe beyond Vauban Pass. Since most literally have to die to get there, it takes a special lot-owner to want to set roots there at this point.

I am putting out a call for like-minded individuals who set roots in Spite and would want to be part of a community.

Many adventurers already have their own guilds and friends and a lightweight approach may work well:

1. Friends List - Spite is remote and hard to get to. It would be convenient for all of us to friend each other and Bind to a mainland town past the Vauban. Thus, if at least one of us happens to be in Spite we can always Teleport to get back.

2. Map / Resources of Spite - I have started mapping out where some of the NPC vendors are and what they carry. We may work together to flesh out all the NPC vendors and quests available in our town and the Greater Drachvald. It would be great to promote a regional economy, and find the next vein of silver ore here...

3. PC Vendor Promotion / Coordination - I know some here in Spite are trying to get started in business. Word of mouth is great marketing. We may establish a directory to allow those who are selling and/or crafting special and unique items to be able to get the word out to the community. Some coordination also helps starting vendors not collide/directly compete with each other. For vendors selling commodities, it may be helpful to hear what is popular to gather/store.

My theme is a low-drama, zero-management, lightweight community that is open to any who wish to join: beginners and experts, role-players/hard-core and casual, PvE and PvP. Myself, I'm a filthy casual beginner... the best kind!

I am open to other ideas and not married to any of these.

I have established a Discord text channel as a community bulletin board, and if you are interested, please message me here or reply with your in-game name so we can get started drafting a charter list of members.

In Spite,

Ben

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Once more people are getting closer to the end of Path of Love story line, there might be more foot traffic in Spite since it is the entrance to the dungeon Malice.

I'm kinda that Steve got his hand on revamping this town. It was underwhelmed for several release when it was just a cloned town.

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I settled in Spite. I absolutely love the town and am happy to know more of my neighbors. Feel free to add me to your friend list. In game I go by.....wait for it.....Koldar. :)

4. Horance

Horance Avatar

I've established my home in Spite, behind the bank. You can add me as a friend and invite me on the Discord channel. My character name is Horance.

5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Spite settler here, in game name Halvard Fimbultyr. My house is next to the church just a stone throw away from @Horance.

We are a small guild of friends called Jägarna with a merchant that would love to see more customers :D

6. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thank you everyone for the enthusiastic reply here and by PM! My (nearly empty) plot is between the bank and the pub, next to @Magos' crafting pavilion.

I understand that marketing is a big reason to come together and so I will get start on the Merchants' Directory and Map!

7. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

I just updated the R32 Land Rush spreadsheet - we're up to 45% occupancy!

I also updated our Spite Merchant Directory - we have new Row, Village, and City lot residents! Seems like the Drachvald still has some pull for folks even without the silver!

8. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

Hi. I have settled in the beautiful town of Spite. Which, I have to say, has the best appearance to me, of any city in the game. I have settled on top of a hill that the stairs leading up start just behind the church.

9. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I have settled in Spite, right next to the Keep in the inner part of the city (I recon most people didn't realise there was a village lot there). I have an awesome view and right near the town centre:

[​IMG]

I am going to get into decorating tomorrow. Right now, I am going to settle in and enjoy the view. My name in-game is Belegen Vensworn so feel free to add me if you like.

10. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Fantastic view and welcome! Please join our community!

Duncan O. McDermott, rild and Acred like this.
  11. mass

mass Avatar

Dude! You are ruining my chance to get a row lot :) Shhhhhh......

12. Kosame

Kosame Avatar

I don't have a lot of opportunities to read forums or log in much at the moment (hopefully this will change as the rapids of life find an occasional calm cycle), but this idea intrigues me, so I shall make myself known. ^_^ In-game I go by Delyndria Roh (a subtle shout-out to my days in UO), and I have (by the grace of my good neighbor) the Town lot on its own at the top of the stairs in front of the Castle. You may call me Del. <bobs a curtsy>

13. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

Howdy!

I've also decided to settle in Spite. My house is along the main path before the hill in the middle of the town. I go by Abraham Froman, but you can call me Abe.

My house is currently bare, but I'll get to decorating it this weekend. I noticed we have a flood of the Knight/Knight Marshall houses, so I decided to go with a nice 3 story wood and plaster home. I absolutely love it, and can't wait to see how it turns out when I'm done with it.

I believe my brother is also intending to setup a house in the town of Spite., I'll be sure to have him stop in here if possible.

Abe Froman

P.S. I'm new to Discord, but I'll try to find my way to the SotA channels and add myself to your Spite channel.

Update: Found SotA on Discord... can't find your channel.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  14. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

ok, im jealous now! leave the game and gimme all ur stuff!

15. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Welcome all! For housing, yes there seems to be some simple trends so I've gone with something a little different - an empty lot with simply a basement. I think I will use pavers and walls to make an open, semi-custom ground-level area. Those basements can store a lot!

16. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Great idea, and thanks to those who have already added me on their friends list. Feel free to add me, too. Xan. See you down by the pier to Malice.

17. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

The sausage king?

18. HermitFromPluto

HermitFromPluto Avatar

Hi All! I also settled n Spite. I toured around in the couple of weeks beforehand and just loved it. Had my heart set of a water lot out in the bay and couldn't believe it was still free when my turn to settle came around! (Citizen Royal Founder). I am the last village water lot out in the bay beside the peninsula. I named my character Hermit Plutonis (similar to my long used online handle). I have a village water cabana and my hot tub is on the balcony. Looking forward to getting more into the game. Really loving it. Spite is a beautiful city. Grats to the developers :)

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Spite resident too.... I play SPO though, so will never see you all. My in game persona is not Aldo btw.

20. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

De'la Cueva,

I think your Obsidian Tower is the highest structure in Spite! The views are really incredible up there, bravo!

It, er, helps to know the grizzly details of your tower as I ran right past all the terrifying implements... I'll try to avoid dinner there.

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.