Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sleeping Trainer has to end - A S A P

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is not enough time in the day nor for a lot of players to half to wait for this, I am sorry weak, mechanic.

I get it Night Time, Imersion, . . . . Bubkus. At no time should a player be forced to NOT progress because a sleep cycle for the game.

[​IMG]

Fix ASAP.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And now he is up and wake and getting same message - GREAT mechanics :mad::confused:

Lockey2 and Acred like this.
  3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Did you tag him for a bug? Him, being the master of subterfuge, maybe he was hiding when they were passing on the message to everyone else - you're suppose to wake up when they come looking for you and get to work!:mad:

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I think Master of Subterfuge is bugged. My guildie tried to get him to train the last tier skills, but he just won't budge.

Acred likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

Have the same with the alchemist in Ardoris, relogging fixed it.

Acred and Jordizzle like this.
  7. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I've seen this a few times, but not with trainers: turning in quests, training, selling/buying something. I just had to exit and re-enter the scene. I know, not optimal, but it got the job done.

Acred likes this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Keep the day/night schedules for NPCs. Fix the bug where they are zombies even if you wake them. Well, at least for some of them. :)

Acred and GreyMouser2 like this.
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We've added day/night schedules to many NPCs in Soltown, Ardoris, Etceter, and Spite. A few of the NPCs are getting stuck in "night mode" and refuse to cooperate even when their workshift starts and they should be helping players. This is absolutely a bug. We've already fixed a few but if you find an NPC stuck in night mode, please submit it as a bug in the usual way (and include the NPC name, the scene name, and /loc details).

Ice Queen, Acred, Tracker and 2 others like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am sorry but there is no benefit to this mechanic. If they are woken they need to interact and do their jobs. It is not immersion, it is failing to allow players to play when they have the time to play.

It is breaking content and beating the desire to play right out of players.

11. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

personally, i don't agree with this hyperbole. I think it needs to be tweaked a bit, is all

GreyMouser2 and Kilhwch like this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

If NPCs don't have schedules, I won't be able to steal their stuff or stab them while they sleep! What's an assassin thief going to do!? Especially one who was their former student...or from a rival teacher!

And yes, I would love to see that as a quest in the game -- offline mode, because NPCs can't die in MMOs. :rolleyes:

13. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

I couldn't agree more. It annoys the crap out of me to have to spend nearly half of my limited time online waiting for the vendor to interact in a meaningful way. Provide a robotic night vendor if you need to cling to the lore.

Acred likes this.
  14. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I am sorry. There is a benefit. It provides immersion . . when it's working properly.

15. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

It wouldn't be an Ultima if it didn't have NPC schedules.

16. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I don't get why we can't just have a cranky night shift replacement for the NPC schedules.

Snikorts and Rebelweasel like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Development Team ,

I just walked from North of Britany all the way thru East Reach - to Ardoris. Why because you created a game that forces players to go thru regions for immersion. Ok got it sound good not an issue. I went to Ardoris for one thing, to train Subterfuge. That is it, and there is absolutely nothing more there I want to do, nor can I since I am training and don't have money to waste on pixel crack alos there isn't anything there that can be gathered. SO I arrive at the inn and Birko just lays down. What am I to do, not a thing I can go back to where I was / what I was doing (long walk back just to have to turn around and come back) , walk out of Ardoris and adventure some more, not what I want to do. OR I can sit here and wait for the 15 minutes that is WASTED because you have an in game mechanic that literally STOPs players from progressing in the game. stops, dead end, no progress . . . .

Look at the above posts two want the immersion :rolleyes: One just is being underhanded because he want to play a low life, and even thow can not interact with Birko in that way, wants it for immersion again. EVERY other post is negative to the extreme.

Do you think players are going to recommend the game if they are forced to stop and wait? DO you think new players are going to stick around when they find out they are stuck until a NPC "wakes" up?

There is not one positive thing as a result of this other than waiting, it is not immersive as it does nothing but cause players to wait / waste time. This is not immersion this is time wasted.

If I am playing a game that forces me to travel to train / progress and I make the trip I should not have to wait and spend even one more minute because there is a pause . . . . .

Lockey2 likes this.
  18. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

If you talk to an NPC at night and wake them up to hear their night time message your client will continue getting that message forever (all game day and night)
    To cancel the nighttime message you can either exit to menu -> leave now -> resume, or leave and reenter the scene after the NPC returns to their daytime job area.

Acred likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Broken - bug reported TY for he work around thow :oops:

Lockey2 and Acred like this.
  20. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Zyxe is right, there could be night shift NPCs. Maybe they can have something that others don't, put the MOST important things to train on there, that way the people that have limited time can still progress. To add to immersion maybe make it that they can't train up to the level that the Master can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.