Help with type of towns?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Gairloch, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

I need a little help with difference between the type of towns...ie POT, NPC or PRT. I understand that in a NPC town your house is permanent ( as long as you pay the taxes and stay in the game) but in a POT you can be kicked out and lose your house at the determination of the town owner ( don't piss him off ). But what are the rules for a PRT? Once I put down my house am I permanent? Or can I be kicked by someone? Can the town go to PvP suddenly? Anyone point me in the right direction as to rules??? Thanks in advance.

2. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

You're safe to place in a PRT. A Player Run Town is exactly the same as an NPC town, except that there are no story elements in the town. So there won't be any quests or story lines bringing outsiders to the town. Some people might prefer this, while others (people looking to make a living by selling items on their vendors) might need a town with more random foot traffic.

Gairloch likes this.
  3. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

Thanks much.....perhaps this should be in a sticky???

4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Also, in regards to a POT -- if you are evicted you lose nothing. Everything you had on your lot goes to the Bank...so you do not lose your House Deed nor Lot Deed...if you had a Row Lot and used the default house that came on the lot then that house would stay there and would not go to your Bank, but when you go find another Row Lot you'd be able to use the default house on the second lot.

If you are considering a POT, look at this section of the Forum, and send messages to the Town Governor to get details regarding rents, etc. Some are wanting to charge rent to live in their Towns, or a one-time fee...but there are many that do not:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-owned-towns.154/

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.