New Enchantment / Masterwork choices, new Masterwork skills

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by icekiss, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

So lets make a thread and gather information!

There are 4 new skills below "Blacksmithing Masaterwork Proficiency" for blades, plate armor, chain armor, and shields.
    These unlock more masterwork options for the respective items. You need level 50 in "Blacksmithing Masaterwork Proficiency" to unlock them.

Which options do they unlock, respectively?

I just masterworked a triangle shield (without having unlocked any of the new skills), and was never the less offered all new options already: 2% damage avoidance, a combat block modifier, and a +5 bonus to a shield skill (don't remember which one). So obviously even without the new skills, one gets more choices now.

Which new options are there which we always get, even without unlocking the new masterworking skills?

I'll experiment once I am back from work. But I am surely not the only one experimenting. So be nice and share! :)

PS: For completeness sake, the following bonus options are the old ones: +1/+2/+4 str/dex/int, +5/+10/+20 Focus/Health.

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

==Weapons (blade)==
    =Masterworking bonuses=
    10 durability each
    +0.2 Weapon Damage
    +2.5% Weapon Damage
    +2.5% Weapon Strength Damage
    +2% Critical Chance
    +5% Critical Damage

=Enchantment bonuses=
    The old Int/Str/Dex/HP/MP bonuses

Gaiaism (Earth):
    ? Earthquake (40 dur)

Sorcery (fire):
    +2.5% Fire Damage (? dur)

Tempestry (Water):
    +10% Soothing Rain healing (20 dur)

? (Air):
    10% chance to cast Lightning (? dur)

? (Death):
    10% chance to drain 1-8 health on hit (40 dur)

? (Life):
    always cast Banish Undead (? dur)
    +2.5% Life Magic effectiveness (? dur)

==Armor (plate)==
    =Masterwork bonuses=
    +2% Damage Avoidance (10 dur)
    +10% Item Damage Resistance (10 dur)
    Greater Armor defense: +15% Item Damage Resistance (15 dur)

+20% Body Slam Stun length (10 dur)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    hroth likes this.
  3. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

i got crit chance 2%, 5% crit damage, and 2.5% str damage as 10 point durability cost options. made 2 handed bronze sword.
    [​IMG] http://imgur.com/RynWUGk

icekiss and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Sword with rubies on it got +2.5% fire damage... although this is just for spells and I'm no mage so... not very useful to me.

I was hoping it would do some fire damage which would be nice as a melee fighter.

Brent Sasz and icekiss like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

There also is a 0.2 damage masterwork although still not sure what this does (see Blade Mastery skill which gives the same vague increase).

icekiss likes this.
  6. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

Alright, I have now started to make weapons. I am collecting my knowledge (and anything you post) in the second post of this thread.

Until now, I have only seen gem specific options during enchantment. Has anyone been offered gem specific options during mastercrafting yet (like the +2.5% fire damage)?
    Does the Masterwork Blade/Plate/Chain/Shield Skill increase the chance of such a gem specific option appearing?

Right now I gues that it makes more sense not to socket a gem when mastercrafting, and just leveling that skill. And only socketing first once it is high enough.

I assume that it increases minimum weapon damage by 0.2 and maximum weapon damage by 0.6
    That would make the bonus just about as strong as +2% crit chance.
    Unfortunately, I know of no way to view the resulting weapon damage in the UI...

Was that an option offered during mastercrafting?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the release 31 instructions specify that it's enchantment. they don't mention masterwork.

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I've seen lightning (10% chance to cast), banish undead (casts every time), and 2.5% life magic effectiveness.

9. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

Alright, I have kept the second post updated with all bonuses I have seen (enchanting and masterworking blade weapons and plate armor).
    If you post any other bonuses, please try to add the info how much durability it cost, and whether you enchanted or masterworked!

Here I have to correct myself: the added weapon damage is the increase of average damage. The minimum damage is increased by half that (so 0.1), the maximum damage by 1.5x that (so 0.3).
    However, to my knowledge the strength increase scales of of that weapon damage as well, so the overall damage increase is higher than that.

Is my feeling correct, that the new specialized mastercraft skills do absolutely nothing, and you are better of not even getting them?
    It definitely does not raise the mastercraft success chance for these items, which was my hope. And if it only sometimes replaces a bonus with a skill specific one - that's actually a bad thing to me, since I would never pick that, and it decreases the good choices by 1... :-(

10. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

What is about Masterwork rings / necklaces? can´t be any more masterworked , only enchanted?

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Sun weapon enchant is 10% proc blind.

Moon weapon enchant is +15% shadow form length.

12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Could anyone point me to a crafting site that has all this information?

13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

hroth, Epiphany, Bow Vale and 4 others like this.
  14. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

Thanks Browncoat for all the work you've been doing, trying to get more info out there for reference. I am surprised at how little is out there considering how long SOTA has been in development with thousands of Kickstarter players to share the info.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  15. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

Anyone know what level Major stat increases show up in Enchanting?

16. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

Hello,

this thread and especially Browncoat's list has been of tremendous help for me. I would like to contribute, even though this might already be known.
    I enchanted a Theurgy (air magic) epic leather chest armor and got "on Hit (5%) : Dexterity Bonus", R37. A Theurgy Jewelled Ring received "1% Gust Chance" and a Sorcery Warding (Fire) jewelled Ring received "1% weapon swiftness chance", whatever that is. Both ring enchantments were R35, R36.
    As for foolishwtf's question: do you mean: "at what alchemy enchanting level do I get major stats increases?". I got them on my first few anchantments and do not think they are proficiency based.
    SIlberfarn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.