Price Checks?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Fain, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fain

Fain Avatar

Is there a resource to see what people are reasonably charging for items? For example:

How much are people charging for Obsidian Coins? I've been pricing them at 1,500 and they tend to sell but i don't want to rip people off.

How much are people charging for furniture? I've tried to charge for about 100 gold per board that I need to use. Some items you make a profit, some you don't make much but it's a consistent way to price for me.

How much do you charge for reward items? I've been doing about 7,000 gold for the artisan tool bags and founer artisan tools. That seemed fair to me at the time as I imagine they'll be worth more as time goes on.

It would be cool if we could create some type of standard, at least for the crafting items like price per ingot or price per board, so you at least know what the benchmark is. If you want to charge 90 a board to undercut but still make a profit, at least you'd know that you're under the going value!

sota002, Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can base your price on BMC guild, their website has a page dedicated to their sanctioned prices. I find it a bit lower than what I would charge, but there your baseline :)

3. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

The market is still in heavy flux, as people are still getting established in the game, getting their skills up, and balance adjustments are still being made.
    For now the best suggestion is looking at one of the "big" vendor spots, and gauging what the market is on that particular day.

Most commodities/etc have fluctuated +/- 10% or more in a given day since the persistance started, and will probably continue for at least another week or so as more people place houses and get established.

For example: At the start, gold was cheap, no one was using it.
    Now gold is rather scarce, more enchanters are using it up quite quickly.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Time Lord, Krohon and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

i dont think some folks know how to price the things that they make. For example, take a wall torch. it takes 2 iron ingots, some charcoal (both for this combine and the one to make the ingots), and a torch. If iron ore is selling at 100g and the torch is 10g, and charcoal is 6g each... the cost, if you bought it all (and didnt use metal scraps on the ingots) is 840 to make. And yet, i see people selling them at 350. i understand that they may have farmed the ingredients but as a person making deco, i want to get to the point where i dont have to farm all the raw ingredients myself. of course, using metal scraps might change the cost or a change in the price of iron, but still... i think many people just pull a price out of the air, rather than a logical based cost.

5. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

One way to determine a selling price is to calculate the opportunity cost of the time it took you to make it, plus the gp cost of any material you had to buy. If this is higher than the current market price on the vendor, then you are not even breaking even and there's no point in producing that thing. Except for xp and skills, of course, but that's a different topic. .... (just my opinion, written at 4 am without coffee yet).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Grimace2, Sue D Nim, Umuri and 4 others like this.
  6. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Expecting other players to price their items based on what you had to pay to make an item is unrealistic. I farm all my own ingediants and therefore can price my items much lower than you... welcome to business 101. I base my prices based on what it costs ME to make it, not what it costs you. If someone is foolish enough to pay 100 gold for iron ore that is easy to get... then that's their mistake and problem not mine. Stop buying it at 100 and they'll have to drop their price for it.

Just because someone sells something cheaper than you can does not mean they pulled a number out of thin air or don't know what they are doing. You need to find a cheaper way to make things then, not the other way around. :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Net, Aldo, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  7. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

The BMC price list might help you, but keep in mind prices are changing fast yet.

Commodity

Sanctioned Price
    Animal Hides 25
    Beetle Carapace 800
    Copper Ore 85
    Gold Ore 70
    Granite Blocks 5
    Iron Ore 75
    Maple Wood 65
    Metal Scrap 6
    Nickel 75
    Obsidian Chips 25
    Pine Resin 350
    Pine Wood 75
    Raw Cotton 15
    Silver Ore 135
    Sooty Bark 200
    Suet 200
    Tin 300
    Tungsten 80
    Wood Scrap 5
    Wood Pulp 10

Uncut Amethyst Gem 1,500
    Uncut Citrine Gem 2,500
    Uncut Diamond Gem 1,100
    Uncut Emerald Gem 2,000
    Uncut Garnet Gem 1,500
    Uncut Onyx Gem 1,800
    Uncut Ruby Gem 1,500
    Uncut Sapphire Gem 350

Refined Products
    Refined Materials
    Commodity Sanctioned Price
    Leather (LL) 45
    Copper Ingot 275
    Gold Ingot 300
    Iron Ingot 240
    Maple Timber 150
    Pine Timber 200
    Spool of Cotton 45
    Silver Ingot 600

Atenism Cut Gem 2,500
    Atenism Jewel Cut Gem 1,250
    Gaiaism Cut Gem 3,000
    Gaiaism Jewel Cut Gem 1,500
    Lunaism Cut Gem 2,500
    Lunaism Jewel Cut Gem 1,250
    Necromancy Cut Gem 2,800
    Necromancy Jewel Cut Gem 1,400
    Sorcery Cut Gem 2,500
    Sorcery Jewel Cut Gem 1,250
    Tempestry Cut Gem 1,350
    Tempestry Jewel Cut Gem 675
    Thaumaturgy Cut Gem 2,100
    Thaumaturgy Jewel Cut Gem 1,050
    Theurgy Cut Gem 3,500
    Theurgy Jewel Cut Gem 1,750

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Time Lord Approved!~
    http://bmcguild.enjin.com/priceguide
    [​IMG]
    ~Gott'a Love that BMC~;)!'

Whenever our economy really starts rolling, we may have a buying price as well as a selling price.
    But until that time, I'd say the BMC has done a great job in estimating our commodities market!
    Make sure to mark it down in your favorites ;)
    ~Time Lord~:D

Krohon likes this.
  9. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Yes. The market has not nearly stabilized yet.

10. Fain

Fain Avatar

That BMC guide is fantastic! I'll definitely start using it although it does seem a bit high (found several places selling wood for 50g rather than 75g).

Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Here are some of the best prices I've found for items. Most of which I completely bought out :D.

Beetle Carapace - 400g each
    Pine Wood - 50g each
    Gold Ingot - 120g each
    Gold Ore - 50g each

I still have yet to find a good cheap silver vendor though.

Usually I see GCOTOs in the public vendor in Ardoris at around 1700-2000 gold each. I haven't really been watching their prices though, so I don't know what they're going for on private vendors or in other towns. 1500 sounds pretty reasonable though.

Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wow dude you are buying in the wrong place.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

How's that? These are the lowest prices I've seen anywhere for these items. I haven't explored literally everywhere, but I've definitely looked around quite a bit. What kind of prices are you finding for these items? They're all lower than the prices on that BMC list at least. Some significantly lower. I don't really go to POTs if that's where they're lower.

14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Those prices seem pretty low to me. You have seen better?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

d
    You misunderstand completely. I never said i didnt hunt my own materials. I DID say i hoped to get to the point where i dont have to. (there is a lot of other fun things to do) That doesnt change what the value of the item SHOULD be, it just devalues the item to the price you give it. In doing so, you not only hurt the crafter paying attention to market prices, you hurt yourself, by not getting as much for the item as you could have.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

If you shop around the world you will find much lower prices than the BMC ones. As the game grows, the lesser popular npc towns and prt's will have some good deals in them, they're already starting to have good deals already in them. :)

Time Lord, Sarek, NRaas and 3 others like this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yipp. Much.

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  18. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I didn't misunderstand you... you're point that my goods should be priced the same as yours though is wrong... that was my point. Nobody gets to decided what a price SHOULD be... I'm not hurting myself... I'm competing with others and I'm going to price what I want and still make a profit. This is very true in the real world... the same item sells for different prices at different stores right next to each other! (I've got a Walmart and Target a block apart and they have identical products at different prices... is Target telling Walmart to increase the prices???)

Local Merchant to Walmart: "You need to raise your prices to match mine... you're hurting my business..."
    Walmart: "So?"

Time Lord, Adam Crow, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  19. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Repeated for emphasis. Speaking only for myself, I'm just going to relax and enjoy the game as best I can, not worrying about the economics for the time being. All of this stuff will change dramatically before the dust settles, anyway.

x_Selene_x, Time Lord, Acred and 2 others like this.
  20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Sounds like someone is selling themselves short then.

Time Lord and Montaigne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.