Skill System wtfudge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I want to thank you Ruin for asking the question and digging down and getting the answers that many of us are needing to know. +1 to Ruin!!

KMarshal Ruin likes this.
  2. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Oh, I think enough penises fly around here when someone disagrees with the heavily invested.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Thanks brother, I feel like ive been the battle of my life over this confusing subject to me.. ;)

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  4. Olddog

Olddog Avatar

Ok, I have read this thread and it leaves me wondering why bother raising mining abover 40 survey above 40 and only focus about 60 points in fast mining but take meticulous all the way?

40 skill seams to be the max benifit and thats only to unlock the lower skills.

5. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

Am I wrong that taming is the only skill in the game with that kind of progress 101+? Can't wait for equivalent things in other skills.

Ancev and Ice Queen like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

As I understand it there are no caps on any skill.

7. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

That was not what I meant. Other skills have no meaningful milestones like Taming does 101+

KMarshal Ruin and Ice Queen like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Good point, other than improved damage/healing modifiers, reduced cost stuff it would be interesting to know.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The resources arent withheld via difficulty, but rather you recieve greater quantities in a shorter time with higher skill. The material types them selves are intended tobe limited by region and not by skill.

An example is that a high level miner may be able to get 8-12 gold ore off a single node while a newbie would spend a tad longer on each node and yield 1-3 ore per node.

An example of regional abunance is that grunvald and drachvald have a great deal of copper available, while elysium is about theonly place youcan get gold.

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Thanks, bud.

Yea I was looking at it wrong, from a perspective of that gold is harder to work with than copper and should require some time in the field to understand how to work with it.

Now I know two things or well thought more about how those two things worked anyways.

1. That gold is considered a starting ore and this is a casual game.

2. That skill progression does help out a bit in quanities via meticulous, with obsidian potions always ticking and high quality tools im not sure swift gathering is very important to me though I do suppose there is a benifit.

I would like the next set of metals require more skill to work with but hey lets see what they have planned I guess.

11. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

As the game currently sits for mining, you'd want to do 40 survey, 80 proficiency , 80 swift, and meticulous forever.
    Unless your a crafter then maybe lock metic it at 80-100, and use mining to build your producer xp pool for easy leveling of your other producer skills.

(40 survey + 80 in the rest is easy to do in a single long day, and seem like a really good stopping point for mining.)

The way swiftness is currently implemented there is no reason to go further. even the 40% from a swift potion will only shave less than a second per node, which is less than an actual 10% decrease in harvest time.
    (Starting out the potion makes a much bigger difference but by the time you get into the 80's it becomes fairly useless, for the fastest possible leveling, level all the skills except meticulous to the target level first then unlock meticulous)
    When your just starting out with really really slow harvest times, metic kills your xp per hour, because every proc means it takes twice as long to get xp.
    The alternative at very low levels is to level metic as well, but every time you proc metic, jump, you'll cancel the proc and instantly get the goods from the first and second harvest, and your xp, but you won't have to wait out the timer for the thrid proc that probably isn't coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.