Are we supposed to get wagons for hauling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I know we'll eventually get horses to ride and use for carrying extra stuff... and airships, but my version of how airships will work and what we get are probably not the same. On the matter of hauling stuff around the the map and entry points on maps - wagons would help out.

I can see establishing a drop point somewhere... and grinding and grinding and grinding and grinding and loading up my wagon, and then taking my wagon around the map to different point of interest for crafting, or trading, or selling, or salvaging, or whatever.

And a wagon full of grindy goodness would make a hella good target at a checkpoint... might also create a great gold sink for those mages that can get you safely through checkpoints.

All back to the original question - are we getting wagons?

Chatele, HokageFont, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  2. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Yes please, wagon' s with lovely loads of loot which accidententally drop to the roadside for observant folks to find.

Would it be so bad if we could lift the Wagon's canvas and take a peak? I'll give back what I take... promise.

*Queen's wave @Duke Avery Oh, hai.

3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

No!:mad:

Because we need our cute baby llamas and donkeys to do the hauling for us first. You wagon guys can wait:p

Chatele, cartodude, Saosis and 3 others like this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think we all know where I stand on support for llamas and donkeys.

cartodude, Duke Avery and 4EverLost like this.
  5. ROFL The Uber

ROFL The Uber Avatar

Pack llamas.

Also they should be pvp enabled, this game needs more risk and opportunity for loss to players. Death is meaningless and everything is too easy for wealth accumulation. Otherwise you run back and forth like the good little gatherer you are.

postulio likes this.
  6. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Totally. Last thing we need is easier resource gathering. All high level resource nodes need to be pvp enabled.

7. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

Thats what Archage and Black Desert are for, if PVP is optional and not enforced, I am all for it. I paid to get in on both Arch and BDO, and left because of the forced level PVP they were kinda obscure about in the Betas. I am all for optional, some days PVP just doesn't gel after working

8. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I'd have to agree with this. Part of the reason I stopped playing Archeage. PvP zones are fun and all and definitely should have a reason to go there, but being forced into them because main quest lines lead through there sucks. Being constantly ganked by higher level players waiting right outside of the safe zone where you turned in your quests and got new ones didn't make the game any more fun. In fact, it just ruined the experience as you were helpless to do anything against these higher level players camping areas like that, and you couldn't advance your own level to stand a fighting chance against them either since you couldn't complete your quests.

Chatele and Hawkshield like this.
  9. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I am not holding my breathe for airships or even wagons, but packs animals are planned mostly likely for Episode 2. As for pack animals, I believe the plan is if a pack animal dies, you lose want ever it was carrying.

10. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Man I wish they would do the pack animals stretch goal again and during a telethon... :(

Duke Avery likes this.
  11. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

All you PvP folks need to go to your areas and PvP all over each other without trying to drag everyone into it who wants higher level resources. lol :D:) Or wants to transport items also.

Chatele and Phiedrus like this.
  12. enderandrew

Mounts, ships, airships and wagons all rely on the same systems.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Then if we can set up camp scenes, we could set up the wagon by the road and peddle our wares to people who stop by, like this.

Hawkshield likes this.
  14. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

To use wagon, we should have to have a pair of oxen or draft horses (Non-combat pets) to pull it. Be able to use one horse or oxen, but speed and/or carrying capacity would be reduced (less muscle pulling the wagon).

Chatele likes this.
  15. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Good call! I'm hoping to see oxen, camels, and elephants added to the lineup. Horses, donkeys and lamas are a fun start... but I really want a camel. And an ox cart would be awesome.

Chatele likes this.
  16. enderandrew

You buy your oxen in Independence Missouri and then set out on your journey...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.