Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Double click not working

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Robby, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

1. Title: Nothing happens when I double click objects/NPC's
    2. Reproduction Rate: 99.9%
    3. Blocker? I cannot interact with objects via double click, game is unplayable
    4. Details: I log in and I can maybe double click one object in isle of storms then after that I can no longer interact with any other object via double click. I have to completely exit game and restart game before I can interact with another object or NPC. Still havent gotten out of isle of storms.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Log into game, double click an object, then try another, cannot interact after that first double click.
    User Specs: Intel(R) celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16 GHz
    4 gigabytes of ram
    64bit OSx64 based processor
    windows8.1 with bing
    Intel R HD graphics card

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Camro

Camro Avatar

I have this issue too. I cannot open any doors at all. I'm at Solace Bridge but cannot do anything there. Never had this issue in previous versions.

Mac OSX

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I notice the same issue. It seems to occur if I'm in a super laggy area. However, double tap the "E"/"Interact" button seems to work. I wonder if this has to do the fix to prevent the camera panning up into the sky.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz (4) System RAM: 8113
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family GPU RAM: 2140
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.455.Date.08.04.16
    Area: OwlsHead
    Loc: (68.1, 87.3, 248.9)

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting issue for review. Thank you for reporting.

5. lanica

lanica Avatar

Me too on Debian 8. I can try to see if the same issue happens on my Mac though it doesn't perform as well there and often crashes for some reason (might be overheating).

6. lanica

lanica Avatar

I'm my Macbook it works fine. Though whenever I did the SOTA update on Debian recently, it was out of space quite a few times...apparently it wanted another 14GB to do the update. I expect that might be the cause of this issue as well as other issues (tanning crafting table showed no recipes and when I would leave the table it would keep doing the animation of my avatar at the crafting table...in fact I didn't know any recipes yet but I couldn't seem to learn any and there was none in the list).... I'll erase it from Debian and reinstall to see what happens for the double click and crafting issue.

7. lanica

lanica Avatar

I did an uninstall and a reinstall but that didn't fix the double click issue with objects. (Menu items seem to double click ok regardless).

FOUND A WORKAROUND

The video quality level was set to auto...if I set it to simple or worse then the issue no longer occurs!

(FYI, my crafting issues seemed to have cleared up...uninstall and reinstall may have fixed that)

8. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I've also experienced a similar issue. For me, it seems that when i first start playing, i can click on objects fine, but the longer i play, the harder it is to get the clicks to work, and eventually it just stops working and i have to shut the game down and reload.

My specs:
    late 2013 Macbook Pro retina (15")
    16GB ram
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card
    2.3GHz intel core I7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.