What is/will be the highest level crafting stations that can be crafted/purchased in game via NPC

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Ravicus Domdred, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I happen to be one of the backers and I was complaining about the price of the basic crafting tables, maybe 5k gold is easy for some players but I think most crafting needs 2 tables and I want them in my house. 10k will take me quite a while to gather as I do not play 7/24 and I do not and never have exploited any game I have played.

Ravicus likes this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well I do understand how hard it would be or not be to purchase a basic crafting table in game, I do understand that there should be one, and there is. At least we can get that. Until then we are at the mercy of our nobles to supply them and I understand that we can never be equal or compete with the product they produce. They have tax free vendors and better crafting stations. We have basic crafting stations and taxed vendors, and not able to upgrade. This is what I am trying to expose, and things should be vented out at this time before the masses come after true launch and find that the system is in favor of only a very few.

Rebelweasel likes this.
  3. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, apparently the design goal is to make it so players don't want to buy them. In my case, mission accomplished. There's no way I'm spending that much gold when they were 250 each for 31 releases.
    More stick, yet again.

And as far as the thread topic goes, Portalarium will never divulge this information. The crafting stations have been an ongoing "say nothing, be opaque" topic with them. Originally, the impression was that all pledge items would be craftable. I think once they saw how much RL $$$ large backers were willing to pony up for +5 crafting levels, I suspect anything better than the baseline crafting stations will be require: COTO's, and lots of them, in the recipe, and/or straight up hundreds of dollars each to purchase directly.

Pretty sad, all around. It's a shame they chose a core mechanic like crafting to walk the line (or cross the line, depends on your opinion) on pay2win.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

thank you for understanding my sentiment. I only wish to have equality in the markets. I hope port will understand how unfair the pledge rewards are without craftable counterparts in game. Tax free housing, tax free vendors, expert crafting stations, all exclusive. If the average 45 dollar pledge person wanted to compete, I am not sure how they could. maybe someone can provide a solution that I am missing.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  5. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Why is it in favor of a few? You were already told that MANY towns have these out for the public. Also a lot of folks have them in their yards for anyone to use. I am sorry, but this sounds like nothing more than someone having a fit over the fact they were unable to get a higher pledge? Honestly is this any different than real life? Some people have more, some people have less. Nothing is stopping you from finding those crafting tables and using them. Not only that, but most of the stuff you are trying to "expose" can be bought with gold or credits/ cash, and as time goes on more will become available as people will sell stuff as new stuff comes out they quit the game.
    If you want it bad enough you will find a way.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

semantics. You portray a way yes. I acknowledged this already. The fact is that port did early on talk about crafting machines being craftable, and even being able to make better than the expert, but it would take a high level crafter of course. My point is not that people are willing to lend them out. My point IS that one cannot get one or make on in game. Your point is moot in this thread, but I do acknowledge that people do offer them. So one has to actually carry the mats to another house, all the ones that you have stored on your person and travel back and forth which takes in game time. Sure people that actually have them and that own them can craft out of their own house and chests, and put on the tax free vendor which is in their tax free house. It all just stinks to me. i am sorry. I wish they would make at least craftable equivalents to the expert crafting tables as to not make it totally unbearable. As a single online player I should be able to get these things in game. Its not like I am asking for the best crafting tables in game which are in dungeons. Also, the main point of this thread was asking if I could purchase in game or craft in game these crafting tables. I do not want to spend Rl money on this game anymore if I do not have to.

7. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

Not having the expert stations in the addon store is leaving some serious money on the table in my opinion. I do not see it as pay to win either. It's more like pay to not fail.

Ravicus likes this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

This is the definition of pay2win.
    You pay more RL money. You gain a tangible in-game advantage unavailable via any other means.

How much RL money you make should have no bearing whatsoever on your in-game personal power in combat, crafting, or any other in-game system.
    I have no interest in playing games that let customers pay money to gain a tangible in-game advantage over others.
    "Who has the biggest wallet" is Real Life. This is entertainment. You know? Fun. Remember "Fun"?

9. mass

mass Avatar

Came to this thread looking for crafting station info. Would be nice if there were some way to level up a basic crafting station, through some combination of use and resources (even COTOs). I think it's lame that you would need a bunch of people to help you kill a boss to get access to a crafting station. It should take time, but be achievable on your own terms.

But the inevitable subject of 'pay for advantage' also needs to be addressed for the health of the game. If you read around the interwebs, the amount of advantage that can be bought in this game is clearly a deterrent for some demographic of gamers. Until about a week ago, I was a lowly 'Royal Adventurer' that upgraded to ancestor. The advantage I received from that upgrade was substantial, and I felt accelerated progress. And that's basically the lowest entry point to the premium accounts. In my opinion, they've been pushing the line of 'acceptable monetization' for this entire project. Port really needs to manage the perception (and hopefully the reality) that you won't be stuck under a glass ceiling or be 'rooted' for character advancement unless you open your wallet. I think they can get a way with paying for some advantage, but only as long as the perception exists that those things can still be achieved in a competitive way with just the base game.

10. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I knew from the beginning of SOTA there would be gold /cash needed. That was my choice to stay with the game or not. I choose to stay and my complaint is not that the crafting stations be expert. All I wanted is the very basic ones that I have bought throughout the releases. It is that they are now 5k per table. Yes there are free ones but I prefer to stay in my house and craft after gathering instead of running to where the supplies are stored . I am being forced to play in a way I really do not want as far as crafting. I put out as much real life money as I felt I could afford so that part I am satisfied with. If I had been working I might have paid more but then I am not sure of that as this is a game. I have stayed away of all FTP ones. RG was the draw here as I loved the Ultimas and the real UO. I do not usually rant sorry. :oops:

11. glantor

glantor Avatar

I believe the best way forward right now will be to postpone our desire to craft in our own house and raise our Adventuring level such that we can raise enough gold via farming mobs. On average, my guild mates are able to earn at least 3K gold an hour killing mobs and selling their drops for gold at blacksmiths. This is done at 3 skull zones, so it's not too tough with decent gear (I'm still using Starter armour btw).

I have read that some players are able to farm 20K+ gold an hour, which enables them to purchase the crafting tables from NPCs even earlier. I would like to know their secret, but that would take away the fun of exploring and discovering how they did it myself.

Crafting in SOTA is far from easy, which is part of the game. It makes GM Masterwork all the more satisfying, rather than anyone being able to put in a few hours a day being able to reach GM in a few days. Eventually, I hope to be able to earn enough gold to buy the pledge reward Expert Crafting vendors from other players in game using gold I've farmed myself. That may take a few weeks, months or even years to fully furnish my home, but yes, it is possible.

Spoon likes this.
  12. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Are you able to fight multiple (3 at a time at most if you're careful) enemies at a time in a 5 skull area without dying? Bandits in particular? Because I can tell you of an area where you can easily farm out 3k-4k gold per 30 minutes to and hour depending on how fast you can kill enemies if you want. But it is 5 skull, so you've gotta be able to kill them effectively of course.

13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Except as long as people are putting their tables out for free use, it isn't pay to win. You can always take the couple of minutes it takes to walk to a nearby town with tables set up for use by anyone. There's no need to pay for one of these tables at all unless the players who chose to do so all of sudden make all of their tables private. But I doubt they'll do that since they bring foot-traffic to their lot and vendor.

14. Selene

Selene Avatar

I believe the "best" crafting stations will NOT be anything players can have in their houses. They will be scattered out in the wider world. Maybe at the bottom of a dungeon or guarded by an evil beastie. The obsidian forge is a good example of one such station. Once we see regional crafting bonuses and what not, I'm sure we'll see more of these pop up. If you don't live in the region for the crafting of the item you're making, you might NOT want the convenience of home. ;)

15. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I do not even enter a 5 skull area :( I am still working up fighting skills but I am really not in a hurry :D

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.