Pledge upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jace3, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

If I upgrade my pledge now or on the 22nd all I get is the lot and not the house that normally came with the pledge? Moving from Knight to Knight Marshal I would get a town lot.
    At current prices for village deeds It would cost me about as much to buy a 2nd deed from another player.
    I think I am better off just upgrading.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Bundles :) You get a lot more ;)

3. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Do they add to what you already have or wipe it out so you only have what is in the bundle? IE would I be able to keep my current lot deeds or would they disappear?

Just checked to buy a town bundle would cost $1600. Upgrading my pledge would only cost me $400.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah they add but look at what you get with a town upgrade in Viking you get houses, lot (true POT only but tax free), tools items . . . And they are additional so it is an Extra lot deed Iagain POT only but)

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If you upgrade to a higher pledge you don't get any new house. I think that's why houses were expired, because it was too difficult to take back the old one. You keep whatever house you have now, but you can always get one with in-game gold at a reasonable price from the right NPC or a player with extras to sell.

If your new pledge has a larger deed, you can upgrade it from the U window, no need to be in that town, no pulling up your deco.

Cally likes this.
  6. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

what happens to your lot and house that is placed when you upgrade your new larger lot deed?

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Nothing. "No pulling up your deco." You just right click on the deed and upgrade it.

8. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

To clarify, for Cally, when you upgrade a pledge to a new lot tier, you don't get a new lot placement deed. What happens is your current lot placement deed becomes "upgradable" to the level that your new pledge allows.

So, if your goal is to obtain a second house, you'll need to go though the Add-On store and buy a deed/bundle, or buy another lot placement deed directly from another player.

Cally likes this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

...or another pledge, while they last, then you can trade the deed over in R33. (currently deed trading is blocked in R32 because of the need to upgrade)

Cally likes this.
  10. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I wasn't wanting a 2nd deed. I had read that pledges are expiring the 22nd and I thought if I was going to do a pledge upgrade I had better do it by Monday.
    Then I thought if I upgraded my pledge to a town lot what would happen to my current lot? I really like the spot I am in, but at the same time I wouldn't mind just a bit more land around my village viking stronghold house.
    So from the previous posts nothing happens to my current placement I would just have a town lot in a village space?

11. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

Correct, when you're in-game you'll be able to hit 'U' to bring up the lot/tax menu and your existing lot will have the option to "Upgrade". You can upgrade, and everything will stay as it is, except it will now be a town lot instead of a village lot. I'm also thinking about going to same way with my Knight pledge, better safe than sorry. Right?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Cally likes this.
  12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

What happens is:

1) do the pledge upgrade
    2) click "Claim Rewards" in any bank
    3) the game now knows that you are eligible for a larger deed
    4) press the U key
    5) right click on the deed and upgrade (it should have a green rectangle around it, I think)

Deed is now the larger size, no deco changes needed, no need to visit its town.

Also, if you are upgrading from a sub-Citizen pledge to Edelmann or higher, you should now have a commission-free vendor in your bank along with various other goodies.

Cally likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I could be missing something but upgrading to a town would not fit on a village lot. Only smaller to larger, not larger to smaller. If that has changed disregard. ;) I am away ATM since April:) you will have to catch me up;)

Edited
    Yes true true what Kara Brae says about upgrading it's just the larger house that wouldn't fit on smaller. ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Cally likes this.
  14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can always place a larger lot deed on a smaller lot. The lot deed is the maximum size that you can claim with it. Taxes are based on the size of the actual lot. And house sizes are the minimum size lot that they can be placed on.

Cally likes this.
  15. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Right who knows what the future holds?

16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

There is a difference between house sizes and lot deed sizes. You have always been able to claim a village lot with a town lot deed. A town house won't fit on a village lot, but if Cally upgrades now, he won't get a town house with the upgrade anyway. As I understand it, he is happy with the current village house but would like more space around it.

Yes, when you upgrade the village lot deed to a town lot deed in the lot deed window ("U"), the village lot you have claimed will remain exactly as it is. The only difference is, you will have claimed it with a town lot deed instead of a village lot deed. If you want a larger (town) lot, you will have to bite the bullet and search for a town lot in a different location. If you find one you like, just claim it with the deed that is already in use. You will get a warning that the currently claimed (village) lot will be automatically unclaimed and all your possessions on that lot will be stored in the local bank (the bank belonging to the location that the village lot is located in). You will have to go back to the original town and fetch all your stuff from the local bank there and carry it to your new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.