Craftable chess / checkers pieces

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jack Knyfe, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Why?

Because in order to play the game, you have to give someone rights to the area where you've placed the board and pieces, so that they can move the pieces.

If someone where to be crude and steal pieces, sure you can eject them, but you can't get the pieces back.

So then what...we have to buy an entire new set?

Enter the craftable pieces, and additional ornate versions in the add-0n store...

Yes/no?

Bow Vale, Zader, enderandrew and 5 others like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Maybe, though I think eventually it would be better if the game had a separate interface for playing games and it wasn't just moving decorations around. So, say the game would zoom into a chess board, and you'd be allowed to move pieces but not carry them away...

Zader, strabo, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I hope that game surfaces fall out of public deco spaces, which they said before they wanted to do. So in a bar, you could move chairs and tables around, but you couldn't move them from the room or take them. Similarly, you could play a game, but the pieces couldn't be removed from the board (table?) or placed in your inventory.

lucasjung and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

It would seem... since things in the add-on store are supposed to have an "in-game" version, there should be some way to have checkers and chess in game without buying them from the store. It would be nice if this was through an interface were you could play a mini-game. Barring that, we could play checkers with apples and onions on floor tiles. :D

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. bmoconno

bmoconno Avatar

This is what I expected to happen when my brother set up his giant chess board. I figured it would be played like it was in UO, where a separate UI popped up and you just played the game in there.

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Yes please to craftable games and game pieces. While mechanics would be nice, who knows when they would have time for that. Seems like making em craftable would be relatively quick and easy.

Jack Knyfe likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yeah, no reason at all not to have them crafyable. Even just have pine and maple pieces, rather than black/red, slightly rougher cut board. Can make an elaborate set later.

Jack Knyfe likes this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I prefer making the set a playable mini-game where someone doesn't have to own your pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.