Craft ! WHY ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abydos, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Hi all,

Why everyone can do everything whit craft ?

There is no limit.

I can make my armor, weapons , potions, home deco and all I need alone. This is the first game where I am a GOD of the craft. Plus, it's super easy.

I feel it's really bad. Im looking for interraction with poeple.

I'm a lumberjack tanner herbalist farmer miner AND Cook Alchemy Blacksmithing.

Imagine when I played for three months, I WILL BE GOD LIKE CRAFTER !!!!!

2. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I've been thinking the same. I like the idea of being able to dabble in everything but it'd be nice if access to top tiers of a crafting profession was limited so we'd have to choose one or two to specialize in.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  3. Jasper8282

Jasper8282 Avatar

Honestly, I have been thinking the same thing as of lately. If everyone can be every craft, the economy of selling/buying equipment will be very limited. In time, I think the only thing that people will be buying from other players will be resources.

Why would I want to pay the cost of resources plus more, when I can just craft it myself with little requirements? Either make the requirements to craft items a lot harder, make the skill gains tougher, or implement a skill cap for crafting (like the old 7x GM days of UO).

4. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

i mostly gathered until now so i had quite some pooled xp, but going from 77 to 85 tailoring cost me 130k xp. considering the highest xp yield per node seems to be 500, thats 260 nodes i have to gather to get it back up. i dont even want to think about what it is 90-100 or above.

4EverLost and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

I think that once the next passes on adventuring loot are made, we will see a significant shift in the economy. I suspect it will become greatly easier to accumulate gold from adventuring, so that many will feel it is easier to grind up some gold and buy items from dedicated crafters than to try to do it all themselves. Ultimately, it becomes a measure of the value of time investment in either activity.

At the moment, it is far too easy to gain in crafting skills through salvaging and the skill level requirements are very minimal so that most people can easily attain levels to craft most items. Crafters also need slightly better controls over the final products to reign in some of the randomness.

Abydos likes this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

There are some who despise crafting. Not me but there are some. So yeah they will be the ones who will buy. There are some folks who cant do or get into certain areas to get things....like me and the higher up mines. LOL. The one thing i wish they would do is make the buffs on things made more random....like making a bow, sword or armor. Yeah i get that the resources you use will determine it...but would be nice if some more random attributes were thrown in there. Also basic skill levels are lower than the proficency and such....so it takes a bit to get the basic skill built up. I am sitting at 55.7 tailor....my proficiency makes no difference....so i am slowly getting the base tailor skill up. Takes tons of resources now to even get gains. So its not as easy as some make it out to be. Grinding through a scene to collect is also tedious and tiring. But i do it as i know i need the resources. I will not buy resources from others unless its something i cant get myself...ie: silver. LOL. But i have fun going out with the hubby on our little excursions and doing stuff. He has had more time lately to go into higher level scenes and survive than me. Nothing new there. LOL. But....my crafting is higher than his. LOL. Basically it will tone down and there will be a balance...its like that in every game.

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It will take a lot of experience to become a GM in everything. Low levels in all the crafting skills are easy.

Lord Barugon and 4EverLost like this.
  8. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

From my experience this is true, but the main problem I see is that the only crafting skills worth even caring about raising are the masterworks. The rest you could lock at 50 or whatever and then just 100% exp into the masterworks and be the best possible. Unless I'm missing something here.

~Woden

9. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

I love crafting too and it's my primary focus in this game. I've been working up my adventuring skills lately so I can reach those more difficult areas.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

That is part of the reason I've advocated for special benefits for being a GM crafter, such as leaving a description/name on your item. Or move repairs to a crafter. You can only repair as high as your skill. Want to get something to 100 durability? You need a GM crafter.

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

I do next to no crafting what-so-ever. The difference is that we have different views on what is considered a waste of time.

If someone wants to craft all of the things, let him/her. If they're surrounded by people that do the same thing, they might hit that "waste my time" threshold and not bother practicing certain crafts.

So, at the end of the day, it balances out. Right now, crafting is pretty much all you can do, so I'm not too surprised that everyone's doing all the things.

4EverLost likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree there are serious design problems here.

For me I bought a top end weapon off a crafter for $5, im using founder level gear(addon elven gear). I have no problems in 5 skull zones, they are mostly green now. It does cost me a coto every once in a while to repair weapon, ill start working on wepon durability skill id like to spend 1 coto every few months and skip crafting all toghter.

Not even trying, i.e. just making junk stuff I ocassionally need ive almost gmed like 8 in the crafing tree (skills in the high 80s).

Abydos likes this.
  13. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I have been supporting the local economies! I have crafted nothing as I have more fun killing mobs and exploring... Then I come to town and buy all sorts of stuff from player vendors.

*I am currently looking for rugs if someone has them...

Saosis and FrostII like this.
  14. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Who cares? I could have gotten multiple accounts or multiple friends. If someone wants to craft different stuff all day I don't see why it matters.

FrostII and Lord Baldrith like this.
  15. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

This is very true; However, the whole goal that the developers have been working towards (unless that vision has changed?) is having a self driven player economy. This requires both buyers and sellers Adventures supply materials > Crafters Use materials to make gear > Adventures buy gear to get better materials > so on and so fourth. This cycle is completely stopped when everyone is their own crafter and their own adventurer.

At least that's how I understood their vision. But as it stands I think it's safe to say that their vision has currently failed implementation.

~Wodin

16. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

This is exactly what people normally do in these games...just roll up a new character for whatever crafting they want to do. Their high level can harvest and then the rest make the items.

17. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

because its meant to be single player, nothing in the game promotes multi player!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.