A Simple Guide to Lot Selection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anamon

Anamon Avatar

They're probably going to go a lot quicker after group 91 is through, with people starting to claim their additional lots and (I assume) non-pledge lots becoming active. Although that's probably going to affect mostly row lots, given the prices of the others.

People keep linking to SotAMap.com for lot information, but that site doesn't display lot status, right? Unless there's some scripting issue on my end, because for me, all the lots always show as free there. Also, some of the recently un-cloned scenes still show the wrong map.

Mykll likes this.
  2. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

That is correct sotamap.com does not currently display lot statuses. Statusii? Statii? I asked the support e-mail and they said they are working on that in the future. So it will be wonderful when that is implemented. BUT! I have used that to get a nice layout of a particular city. Spreadsheet says lots are free? Great check out the map. Does it initially look interesting? Ok I can make the time to go to the city and see exactly what is free where. Town map and/or location is not appealing? I know to not waste my time and go to the next map.

3. Apophiss

Apophiss Avatar

Damn Pay To Win crap.
    Only people saying that "The system is fine" are the ones who have their lots.
    I'm in group 90, along with a lot of other players who where basically slapped in the face because their pockets weren't deep enough.
    There are no Row lots left in any town that isn't in the middle of nowhere.

Mykll likes this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Brittney Alleys is the middle of nowhere?

5. Hakadek

Hakadek Avatar

It is easier to list the towns without row lots left than those with...

All but about 4 towns had row lots available last time I checked...

6. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Ardoris has almost 80 row lots left with many good locations remaining. I scouted some of them out yesterday and will make my lot selection this evening. Maybe I'll see you there!

7. Rothana

Rothana Avatar

There are 5, maybe 6, NPC towns which are the closest to Brittany. They are close in terms of run distance without having to go through any passes.
    These are, in no particular order:

- Data on how many of each lot there is in each town is from sotamap.com (I haven't actually gone to each of these towns and counted the number of lots).
    - Please also note that I can only list you the number of lots, and I have no idea how many are still available at any given time!

• Kiln
      40 village
    • Yew
      40 village
    • Northwood
      42 row | 46 village | 6 water village | 20 town | 1 water town | 10 city | 2 water city | 3 keep | 1 castle
    • Desolis
      21 village | 6 town
    • Elad's Lighthouse
      42 row | 46 village | 12 water village | 20 town | 3 water town | 10 city | 2 water city | 3 keep | 1 castle
    • Kingsport
      12 row | 16 village | 4water village | 3 town | 2 water town
    There are still quite a lot of unclaimed row lots in Northwood this morning, which is where my brother and I placed our row lot. Most of the row lots are quite close to the centre of town where all of the npc buildings are. The town also doesn't feel too cramped and the row lots aren't in super long rows. As I write this post there are four row lots with river front views and one row lot that is right next to the river.

If you aren't worried about the location of your town on the world map, then Goti is currently a clone of Northwood with three row lots right next to the river. Goti also has a more desirable entrance point (it's a much shorter run from where you enter the map to the centre of town).

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

A Player Maintained Spreadsheet of Available Lots for the Selection Process can be found here. It's generally been kept well up to date through the efforts of a cadre of dedicated Avatars. This is going to be the best available resource for seeing what's available to claim where.

Edit: Reference added to the Orginal Post.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Rothana likes this.
  9. Mercy/Nadia

Mercy/Nadia Avatar

Thank you so much to the person who made that spreadsheet. Also thanks to the player who helped me get through that dangerous pass. I've now a lovely a row lot right near a crafting area in Brookside (assuming the final changes made to the area don't ruin that, *hopes*). I wanted to get Spite but this is close enough and the perfect place for my characters.

Ronan likes this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I hope this post has been useful.

In an hour or so it will have served its purpose and no longer be relevant.

Welcome to persistence, for real.

Mykll likes this.
  11. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I hope people continue to update it, and, eventually, somehow have it tied to sotamap.com so we can see which city lots are open, and then quickly see which lots in which towns are open. Lot lotteries and all that still going on.

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Berek, this post has served its purpose, and is now no longer relevant.

Shall I delete it, or would you like to simply unpin it, so it can die a natural death and be consigned to the crypt of the archives?

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I don't think we need to delete it, I can just unpin it and we'll let it fall down the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.