Water tree Slowing spells interactions

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Belgtor, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

In my time using the water tree I find that, lets say ice field gives a 56% slow atm. Now after I use this slow on any opponent I clearly see the slow effect. However following this with a skills ice arrow or ice fist which give a lower slow of 43% the stronger slow is removed. Is this of balancing to keep you from slowing anything over 100%. If so what is the need to take off the stronger slow? Could you possibly use the ice arrow just for damage and if the ice field timer runs out the lesser ice arrow slow can take effect. Or is that seen as being to powerful?

Please let me hear what you the think the reason for this maybe.

Also any idea of improving the current state of how these spells work together.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Instead of overwriting, it would be more realistic to have field give a terrain movement penalty and direct ice attacks slow the target's body.

Formula doesn't need to be additive, although 100% should be possible.

The fact that a weaker debuff becomes the only debuff certainty needs some tweaking

Korim Rackham likes this.
  3. Xail

Xail Avatar

I too think this is a pitfall in the current mechanics...instead of making synergies that will make the game more fun and strategic (like putting 2 ice slow could make a freeze effect for 2 seconds and after that keep the higher slow between the 2...or something like that..)...we have dissinergies...between all the slow effects (bow disable shot too) and stuns/knockdown/confusion etc...

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

I think slowing affects should be addition but not as 100% means 0 movement

50% slow = 1/(1+50/100) = 0.67 or in other words effectively 33% slower than normal
    100% slow = 1/(1+100/100) = 0.50 or in other words effectively 50% slower than normal

Then can have each individual slowing effect stack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.