R33: Where to buy Raffle deed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bakejohnson, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I think @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos nailed it when he highlighted the fact that it's not a lottery system. It really should be referred to as a raffle - the difference is pretty enormous now that I think about it.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It was called out repeatedly that one ticket per person would be more fair. That is why in the telethon Chris said he knew the system he was implementing favored the rich. They are aware and this is intentional.

3. Phara

Phara Avatar

I was most disappointed about the news, that even plot deeds for player owned towns have to go through the raffle system. I guess it drove some people into the item shop, but still a very poor move imho.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think people confuse "rich" people with people who have time to play this game 24x7. I dont see how "real money" is going to favor anybody in this game in any real measurable way (even with COTA). What it favors is people who can play this game 24x7 and get their crafters up to GM to bulk sell stuff as well as get their avatars up to 15 GM's (Ive seen it now) who can farm all day long for gold to buy tickets. I have $10K in pledges in this game and dont see any advantage in my gold intake, in fact I work 50 hours a week, so those guys who play 24x7 have a far better advantage over me.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

We have gold sinks, they're just not as effective as they could be right now. I believe the developers are very serious about creating a strong economy and I don't expect it to get out of hand anytime soon. I don't believe it's currently out of hand now, btw.

Let's not get carried away. The devs have godly powers allowing them to do all kinds of stuff to get the economy back in line. Are there problems? Absolutely, but no MMO has ever gone to market with a stable functioning economy, we weren't likely to be the first.

As a very active participant in the economy I'm not the least bit concerned. I see the developers making strong and smart changes all the time. I expect that to continue.

I'm not sure why you think there are NO gold sinks. I could probably name quite a few. NPC Vendors, COTO's (those go away forever the moment you use them), item repairs, skill decay, lot taxes, the crafting system (POOF - there goes a ton of resources during the enchantment process).

6. Drocis the Devious

Because you can trade gold for COTO's and COTO's for gold, the answer is yes you can buy tickets with COTO's even if it's not direct.

But that doesn't make it any more "real money" than if you couldn't do that. If it wasn't COTO's it would be hats or anything else you could trade with a player.

Phiedrus Oliva likes this.
  7. enderandrew

Those raffle tickets are cheaper. And there are more of those up for grabs.

I don't need a lot deed personally as I have two from my pledge tier.

But I'm tempted to buy some POT lot deed raffle tickets hoping to win just to give them away to MGT guild members who don't own any property currently.

4EverLost and Scraps MacMutt like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

I'm in favor of a lottery system, I'm not in favor of this raffle system.

9. Phara

Phara Avatar

What I am afraid of with this raffle system is that the casual players will put in all their hard earned gold and at the end of the day stand there with empty hands, because a large entity pooled so much more gold into the system. Of course random john doe will win a ticket as well but many many more wont. And they might hang the game even up because of that.

10. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

We have to wait until we can get to a Raffle Vendor to even see the costs of the tickets (this month), correct?

11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

The property system which was promised to available with in-game currency purchase was a key reason I backed at all. Didn't have enough to pledge high enough for a pledge lot. Putting the system behind a luck of the draw mechanic irks me to no end. Even if I do have a chance at getting a property more cheaply.

12. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

If I were 'rich' and felt so inclined, I could purchase tonnes of items from the add-on store and sell them through vendors for gold. My vendors would all be in the perfect locations, because I am filthy rich and have placed prime properties in a few towns because of my numerous LotM pledges. I wouldn't have to lift one crafting finger to become wealthy in-game.

So, to counter your argument- There is a measurable way. It's called gold. Tonnes and tonnes of it.

Then again, if I were that rich, why didn't I just purchase the deeds through the add-on store? Thinking further, why would I want to purchase more land in-game anyway? No neighbours = less profit. If I had all the money in the world, I would be purchasing PoTs and PoT deeds. I would create an awesome collection of static PoTs, all connected. I would entice people to flock to my lands, and then sell them more things from the add-on store for more in-game gold. :D

Now I have virtually unlimited in-game gold. I have purchased all the possible crafted items that I could ever want. I suppose I could enter the raffle and win some deeds, and then gift / sell them to players so they can put properties down in areas where I have my vendors. Long term gains! I would even hire players to craft and sell items in my prime locations, to entice others to visit more often.

As far as I know, no one has multiple LotM pledges. So, perhaps no one that is playing SotA is simultaneously extremely rich & greedy.

13. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

I would personally favor the player who spends time and effort and will enjoy the deed over the casual that will have trouble paying the tax and will feel his/her play time as a grind, but that's a personal view.

I see like you a lot of hard earned gold gone waste, frustration and ragequits.

14. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Does anyone have the ticket prices they could post?

15. Drocis the Devious

I thought they said 10k per each one during the telethon.

Here's what we know so far, from the update yesterday:

Travitar likes this.
  16. enderandrew

And sadly it isn't even luck of the draw like a real lottery. This is a raffle where those with more gold will win more.

I too feel like one thing was promised for three years and suddenly changed to favor those who already have land and gold.

I don't need a lot deed, but I'm worried about the players who couldn't afford to spend hundreds on this game and were promised a fair opportunity to earn a deed in game with gold.

17. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I do have one thing going for me. I have a reserved spot to use my deed. At some point, even if all deeds are out, they will be worthless to the holders of them because the only plots will be reserved PoT plots. A compromise will need to be made because you can't sell a deed useful to only one person to anyone else and expect to profit. At some point, that will come to a head.

enderandrew likes this.
  18. enderandrew

I wish you the best of luck!

19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I can actually see this being a problem. But I also farm really good and always have a ton of gold sitting around with nothing to buy. In fact, I usually end up buying add-on store things being sold on vendors with all the extra gold. So if I did take my add-on store things and sell them, I would just have even more gold sitting around with nothing to spend it on. Saying this though, I farm my own silver but I could see buying silver on vendors in bulk to raise my master crafting skill up much faster then I have.

So ya, really good valid point.

Dhanan likes this.
  20. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I had thought they should limit people to 1 ticket per raffle, but then people would use Alternate accounts to buy more tickets. So now I think odds should be based on a formula that takes into account: Number of Tickets, Number of Deeds owned etc to lower odds, and Adventure Level, Play Time, etc to raise odds...
    Something to distinguish a real player from someone or someone's 'bot' looking to monopolize or profit.

*I really reeeally do not want to have to buy an in-game deed from Prince Guni just to get one.:mad: Or from any Guild for that matter.

Tiki Pirate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.