Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

DEED ticket

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Lord John Whorfin, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

Well, maybe i've bad understand something but, this way to distribute the deed was not for stop rich and hardcore player to buy them all ? Whats the difference if we can buy a thousand of ticket ?.... That will put our chance to get come deed a way over the poor casual player who can just afford 1-2 ticket... no ?

I'm maybe wrong but its not totally fair or maybe i missunderstood something ?

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Chris said in the telethon he knows this system benefits the rich. It was called out a bunch. And that is still what they are going with.

evillego6, Shade Cido, smack and 2 others like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This might just be for the first month. If someone wants to buy a thousand ticket, which would cost 10,000,000 gp to grab those, that would be a huge gold sink for the economy and also perhaps raise from flag from possible closer monitoring of how the gold being obtained?

Bom and Fister Magee like this.
  4. uziraff

uziraff Avatar

Problem being, any system will benefit the rich.

Time Lord, Bom, Goratas Barus and 3 others like this.
  5. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

Well not a bad point Roy, i've probably missed that in the telethon was at work this day and have some difficulty to follow all the telethon hehe !

If its all suppose to be like that its ok i was just not sure about it and wanted a confirmation cause i was thinking it was 1 ticket for each person !

Bom likes this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I haven't really followed it. But frankly, it makes sense that they go to the [in game] rich.

It you're someone who plays games all day and makes thousands of gold fighting mobs, they you're probably happy to pay the rent on a city lot.

If you have a job, a family, and other responsibilities, you probably should look buying a tax free lot for rl $.

Everything else will get sorted out over time. It's not supposed to be easy if you don't fit into one of these categories.

Toff likes this.
  7. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

may be, but on a different scale: For example if tickets get more expansive for you for each you already have bought (dramaticaly) the chances raises slower then the gold you spend ... The system as it is is the most unfair one imaginable and should be removed quickly because people get realy upset or demotivated because of it.

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This thread appears to be a feedback discussion. Moving to the appropriate forum section for further review. Thank you for reporting.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yes Gents, we know the problem.
    It was discussed multiple times now.
    Give me a solution that dosen't have the same problem in one of the many shades of grey.

Nhili Dragon, Snikorts and Elwyn like this.
  10. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

It doesn't just matter that a person increases their chances - the people that win the deeds are the only winners. I bet many people who only buy one will end up being the winner.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

When FL first had the lottery some palm beach rich elite bought tickets non stop to game the odds. The winning ticket was found discarded on the street.

True story

Nhili Dragon, Bom, Snikorts and 2 others like this.
  12. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

It has been discussed here and my standpoint is clear - made been clear by me several times. No new deeds for ppl who have one already and 1 ticket per person. That would have been fair. But who cares for fairness?

What me really bugs is that I asked three weeks ago to put the discussion into public. Now after r33 the discussion started in public and some say "oh no - we have discussed that in dev++ already ..".
    So much for valued community and everyone is important. Make what you want and don't wonder that many turned their back at SOTA and in public it is not high valued ...

13. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Limit the ticket one per account and allow the lottery only for players that don't own a deed. That will solve the problem.

If you have a player that owns 10 lots (for example) you will have basically at least 9 lots without use 100% of the time, and that not help to build living placements, that only will make ghost towns in the future.

If the lottery system change is a no go, then you can always increment the taxes exponentially with each new lot that each account have, that way even gold farmer accounts will have a cap.

14. Hakadek

Hakadek Avatar

You are trying to solve the wrong problem though, the process is intended to generate the largest possible gold sink, which would not happen with your 'solution'.

You are confusing a desire to spread lot ownership evenly across the player base with a need to remove large quantities of gold from the economy, this is why you will not get any positive support from the devs for anything that reduces the potential scale of the gold sink.

If they can't take out the gold this way from those who have the most of it to give, then they are going to have to figure out other ways to draw down the same amount of gold and that could get very painful for a lot more people...

Bom, Hazard, Elwyn and 1 other person like this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The problem is that there is a good chance that they will, by statistics, make even more gold with it.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  16. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Off the top of my head - Make 12 Unique, Rare,Desirable Decos (or even houses) like the HOB cabinets - only available in the raffle, and with only 12 ever made. Raffle them off one a month. Entrance Fee 50k per ticket. Just see how much cash would be sunk into that. After a year, make a new Deco, rinse repeat. They've been spamming the addon store with decos for cash for ages, so its obviously not hard for em to knock up a nice deco once a year.

See?...easy. All without screwing the little guy or messing up the Lot allocations. The HOB cabinets are being traded for over $400 in the trade forums, so true rares are very desirable, especially to the rich.

As for the Deed Raffle, I would say the big deeds are fine to be raffled off to the rich (eg Village, town & City) however the poor and homeless should have first shot at the Row Lots. In the Dev+ I suggested a second raffle -1 ticket per account- for Row Deeds open to people who had no access to Homes so the little guy/new starters on the $45 accounts would get a chance at a home as promised...however it was never acknowledged and some people (those who stand to profit the most from the raffle of row lots in my eyes) started harping on about Alt accounts - Yes sure, I'm gonna buy a $45 alt account for a chance to win an $85 Row Lot.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Hands up, everybody who was trying to figure out what MMO was "FL" and what the letters stood for.

[​IMG]

Maeryck and Tahru like this.
  18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I agree with the OP's sentiment. When I first heard about these drawings, I was under the impression that the idea was to give out a limited amount of deeds to people that otherwise probably wouldn't be able to purchase one for themselves. I don't really have any problem with what's being done, but I really don't understand why you would have a drawing with unlimited entries instead of just having a limited amount (or not) of super expensive deeds. Making it a lotto doesn't really serve any purpose in this case other than to make it difficult to know the value of the purchase.

19. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Just what I was saying for two months now but a public discussion hasn't occured. Now we have it. :mad:

On a sidenote to the raffle: There is a phrase in german: luck in love means bad luck in gamble. I found my love 30yrs ago - so .. no lot-deed for me :)

Snikorts and Hawkthalas like this.
  20. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Similar phrase in the UK but the inverse:)

"Lucky in Cards not lucky in Love"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.