Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Masterworking Broken

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by shad0wgun, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shad0wgun

shad0wgun Avatar

Ive tried with multiple items to masterwork them and every item does the crafting animation and then says this requires masterwork level of 25 or higher. I tried with an iron dagger same message i am unable to masterwork any item.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you check your crafting skills, have you verified if your Masterwork Skill for that corresponding recipe is at the level required?

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is that skill level vs crafting level thing again, right? Check the tooltip box of that skill in your K window. Crafting level scales non-linearly with skill level. (which also scales non-linearly with XP cost!)

As a point of reference, crafting level 70.0 is at skill level 98. (those numbers were for carpentry but are probably standard across all crafting skills)

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. shad0wgun

shad0wgun Avatar

i have the masterwork skill and no matter what item i attempt it says specificaly this requires 25 or higher level in masterworking.

5. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

How does one get from level 7.1 (the starting level for Masterworking) to 25 without being able to masterwork? Nothing else appears to advance the skill.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The scope of this issue is now observed. We will fix this ASAP. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.