Gold is a problem now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psteg

psteg Avatar

Really?? When you pay $450 for a lot and $200 for a house and play when you can because you work or have other obligations?? You don't own land so how can you make the statement "it should not be easy for someone to own a large amount of properties and play just a few hours a week." We paid for these with real money. Now since they nerfed the loot I will have to constantly play for the house or move it more often that I should. If I am lucky enough to find a spot.I feel like I have been totally ripped off!!! Before this nerf I was ok with the taxes, I could just make ends meet. Now, not so sure.

agra, Aldo and Kaisa like this.
  2. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but isn't a row lot 500 gold per day? At 7 days a week, that's 3500 per week. If 500 gold per hour is the intended earn then that is 7 hours a week for a row lot, not 1.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It would actually be more than that because you have repair costs and upkeep costs to grinding.

4. Rampage202

Rampage202 Avatar

It feels like despite all the warnings the dev's have been trying to throw at us before, we're really just hitting the main problem of people who by all rights by the developers can be viewed as testers for the game, trying out the game and trying to play the game like it's a finished product. We're not trying to test, we're trying to game. [(pfft, there's no difference, right?)<---- stereotypical thinking] We've basically only barely reached the point now where there is even a noticeable chunck of the game's kind of progression that the project has been building towards, and so people reach the end of the progression cycle and just start gaming the system towards the "end-game", and that's the point where design breaks down and meta begins.

The dev's can influence our meta greatly in the design aspects of the game, so anyone with great ideas about how the meta in this game *should* be evolving in different ways can bring those up now if they'd like. I know nerfs feel bad, but we don't want an easy game where power gamers end up with a disproportionate amount of spending power and influence either, so balance is an important aspect to how we approach our ideas on this subject.

Please don't cry for the dev's to just hand success to us, that's not fun for anyone but the lazy.

Athanil, Andyafro, Net and 3 others like this.
  5. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

I don't want a easy game either. But I don't want to spend 500g on reagents only to make 490g in expending them.

uziraff, Kaisa, psteg and 2 others like this.
  6. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I'm not sure I can pay my lot taxes now and play casually... This nerf went too far before any decent ways of earning money have gone into game.

uziraff, Kaisa, Oyjord Hansen and 2 others like this.
  7. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

The gold nerf plus increase of reagent use and spell damage nerf has me fuming. End game content is null and void so taking away the only source of my entertainment is infuriating.

agra, Aldo, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Chill out people, we're still in development! Balance is just as important as writing code.

We'll get there, and we'll do it together. :)

9. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Bring back the gold! how is anyone going to pay for taxes? or is this how you force COTO sales? I don't think this is a good way to raise revenue; just seems to be upsetting the player base. if this is what you are doing...

agra, Nataurz, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It's not a conspiracy to sell more COTOs. Don't worry. It'll all work out.

11. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

Well if people pay to play and buy COTO from the Add-ons store then it's a good way to raise revenue for SOTA. I bought 10 COTO for 10 because I had 10 credit remaining. I don't want to invest more in the game. I sold them for 10k gold to some lucky vendor in Kingsport because I was tired of spending everything on reagents. Now I got some nice cloth armor to replace the elven mage armor I paid 20 USD but look like satans ass and is not so useful and I bought a LOT of reagents so I won't run out for a few days now. Yeah, I am much happier buying COTO than that stupid elven mage armor. Biggest waste of 20 USD ever. I should have just bought 25 COTO and relaxed. I only got this credit because of the Telethon.

BluntedJ likes this.
  12. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

This is simply social engineering players to buy more CotO currency from the add-on store.

13. Tripp Swindle

Tripp Swindle Avatar

I own a taxed POT villiage deed. My preferred gameplay revolves around gathering and crafting.

Now with the need to find 1000gold per day I find myself forced to grind for gold. This isn't such a problem as I can go to Highvale and grind elves and humans which nets me 3500 gold per hour but takes a heap of enjoyment out of the game.

The issue I see is newer players just can't kill the mobs fast enough or have the carrying capacity to collect gold at a decent rate if they want to own a taxed lot and I worry this may put them off the game.

I had the luxury to play the game naturally while waiting for my lot placement group and was able to get to character level 40+

My advice would be to a newer player would be to hold off on lot placement until at a decent character level if possible. I know it would limit plot choice as they may get claimed and take away the fun of home ownership but it's better than the lot reverting due to lack of gold.

For info I'm a reasonably active player of 8 hours per week average gameplay. I use primarily archery with passive skills in tactics and light armour. I have 230 carrying capacity which helps. I fully loot every humanoid I kill in Highvale and sell to the weapons merchant in Resolute.

Elwyn and Kaisa like this.
  14. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

I sell stuff on the public vendor. It royally pisses me off when players will pay twice as much from an NPC rather than buy from me on the public venor, which is less than 10 steps away from each other. So keep whinning and keep paying double

Thwip likes this.
  15. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

We gonna start improving the loot table in r33 = nerfed the few interesting spot for loot.
    Now we have to wait again one month to see that they have not improved anything but nerfed a few other spot in r34 ?

16. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Agreed. I'd like to have some challenges, but I wasn't looking for a job to do when I got home from my real job. I'm having a hard time getting myself to log in because everything I do is going to cost me gold, and there's zero fun ways to make that gold back. Before this I could farm some gold and be good for a few days. Now I have to spend more time farming gold than I can actually enjoying the game.

Some people enjoy killing the same bears over and over and over and over again, unfortunately I'm not one of them. I was enjoying doing control points, but I can no longer get enough money from them for the regs I use doing them. I guess if this is the goal then it was successful. I don't understand why they can't reduce (nerf?) things in small increments and see how it goes after each change instead of just destroying everything and make it worthless. I want to have SOME fun while playing a GAME.

Nataurz, Aldo, Kaisa and 6 others like this.
  17. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  18. Net

Net Avatar

Well I think people were earning way too much money before. Inn soem scenes. Now it is much closer to what was probably intended and differences between scenes are much smaller.

19. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

well what was the main income for me (and most everyone), dropped weapons have now become essentially valueless to sell in relation to just using them for Metal and wood scrap, they are more valuable to extend my ores and wood.

Kaisa, Whyterose Flowers and Net like this.
  20. Phoebe

Phoebe Avatar

I disagree - it seems to me that balance across the whole game and in all areas of the game is being made based upon the power gamers and exploiters at the top of the bell curve.

The areas that were being exploited needed fixing but not by world wide changes making the majority of the game have no reward/carrot for playing.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Bluefire and helm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.