Street Lamps from the add-on store (can they be used with Row Lots)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deonast, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I did manage to get one Ornate Iron Streetlamp placed on the steps of the Stone Row house with some fiddling. I also managed to get a couple of bushes on the steps as well. That took even more fiddling.

Spoon, Acred, 3dmark and 1 other person like this.
  2. deonast

deonast Avatar

Sounds like it isn't a totally perfect system yet. I guess that comes with the territory for kickstarter style backing of games and early access.

Acred likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

If you visit Brittany Alleys the first few houses on the right from the entrance(and maybe the left viking rows - but I don't remember light posts out) have an ornate light post on both two different row lots houses. One is the pledge stone row with the small entrance way with a vendor, ornate light post, and a sign. The other is a L shaped row with a vendor, a liight post, a table, and a scroll.

Add one light to many row houses is possible and the directions by the community already with the Q and E keys is the key to making it work.

I hope this helps.

Acred and deonast like this.
  4. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

Ok I figured out how to place the streetlight in front of the stone house. You have to turn it 90 degrees so it is arced over the step. It's ugly. Better to use a wall torch.

deonast and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Brazier is also a popular light source too.

deonast likes this.
  6. deonast

deonast Avatar

Hmm still can't seem to get it happening on my 4 story tile house. I can see the colour difference on the ground which I assume indicates your property compared to the street. Tried Q and E that doesn't seem to rotate in fact the lights are just small objects in the mouse curser as if it isn't picking them up as objects to place down. I tried with a plant pot I have can't get that to set down either. Other objects placed in side ok. Clicked on one of them to drag then you get that little overview that indicates I have 1/40 inside lights and 0/1 outside lights. Just purchased a 3 pack of wall lights to see if I can set one of those down outside.
    Maybe it is not totally my newbieness and maybe something with that house type isn't totally baked in this release.

7. deonast

deonast Avatar

You were right. Got to the bank checked and yes I had one hatch there. I interestingly enough put it in a less useful gap between a staircase banister and wall on the 3rd level of the house (guess mine is a magic basement :)

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  8. deonast

deonast Avatar

Just bought and Tried the wall lights instead and I can get them on the walls fine inside the house. From what I can see I should be allowed one outside light at this time 0/1 just doesn't place doesn't even look like it sees it as a placeable object. So I think for this house type (4 Story Blue Tile Row House) maybe they just haven't set something up that allows you to place objects outside. Guess I'll wait for a future release to do any more there.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Is it this house?
    [​IMG]
    As you can see I was able to place a wall torch on the corner.

Tahru likes this.
  10. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

Question, have you been able to open the windows in the 4 story blue roof house?

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Only the ones directly above the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.