Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to learn Lev 70 carpentry recipe allthough I'm Lev 70

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Knightowld, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightowld

Knightowld Avatar

I reached carpentry proficiency level 70. Tried to learn shingle roof two story, which requires level 70. Got a "carpentary level is not high enough" response.
    Logging out and in doesn't solve the matter.

2. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Carpentry Proficiency Skill does not = Carpentry Level. I know that sounds crazy, but that's the way it is. If you mouse over the skill you'll see something like +60.2 Carpentry Level. That's what has to get to 70 - or up to 65 if you use an expert carpentry table. I think I recall others saying level 70 is somewhere around skill 95.

Katrina Bekers and Knightowld like this.
  3. Knightowld

Knightowld Avatar

A big thanks to Sarg for his explanation.
    When I think about it, nevertheless this has a taste of a bug. Maybe a minor one. The window one will get when mouseovering in the skill tree uses the phrase Level for two different cases. Better one of them should be called stage or degree

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're looking into ways to make this more apparent. Thank you for reporting.

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I've been using Umuri's SOTA HUD application to discover my levels. Where do you have to mouse over the skill to see the level in the game? I tried looking in the Skills menu, but when I press K, I can mouse over the Carpentry Production innate skill to get more information, but mousing over the big Carpentry icon at the top gives me no information about my level.

6. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

Every new players will post the same thing again and agin unless they change something

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, you need 85 skill level with a +5 expert table, or 98 skill level with a regular table to reach 70 proficiency.

You can read the recipe paper while in crafting mode at an expert table to learn it at 85.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.