Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Using "G" for targeting

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Nelzie, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Is it only me or did this function get "lost" in the R33 builds?

I'm finding now that I have to double click, with the targeting reticle, on the "MOB" that I am looking to start something with. I used to be able to hit the "G" key and it functioned fine.

This is mildly annoying as it "feels" like with the "G" key, I could target from a slightly greater distance than with the double clicking. Also, I seem to remember that the "G" key targeting wasn't as bothered by flora and rocks in between my avatar and the "MOBs" I am cycling through.

3dmark likes this.
  2. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Yeah my target next function is no longer grabbing targets.

3. agra

agra Avatar

Yep, doesn't work anymore. Looks like destroying taming, increasing reagent consumption and nerfing sellback prices were the priority.

jutman likes this.
  4. Taze

Taze Avatar

It's a known issue, and known bug, listed in several other areas of the forum already,
    It's not a targeting nerf

Currently it only chooses targets in melee/weapon range (Try equipping a bow, then it works like it used to for example)

5. Taze

Taze Avatar

They didn't increase reagent costs, you are buying from dynamic vendors,
    stop buying reagents in populated areas where vendors increase costs based on demand
    Try exploring, check out player owned towns vendors or other npc towns, especially any town off the beaten path as it were.

6. agra

agra Avatar

Consumption, not costs. (you'll note now it's 30% chance to consume reagents for 'tier 3' spells, 20% for 'tier 2' and so on. Used to be 10% (for over 6 months) and now with the nerf to sellback prices, and even buying reagents at ideal prices/remote locations (which yes, remarkably, I do know about) you can't recover reagent costs from adventuring due to high consumption rates.
    So, no point in logging in, for me. :)

jutman likes this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Consumption is higher only in air tree afaik. They planned to nerf air skills a little.

8. agra

agra Avatar

Nope. They (at least) increased earth as well. I can't imagine they would leave any magic tree untouched when swinging the nerf stick this hard. If you want to use magic, you'll suffer and like it! ;)

jutman likes this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

Shield of Crystal and Earth's Embrace are still 10%. Pretty sure that reagent consumption in fire tree is the same (though I think the fire dots and damage are lower). Water looks untouched but I never was using that much.

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

At this point, for every 1.5k - 2k GP I made from hunting, I need to spend about 800 GP for reg restocking.

Things are getting tougher than before.

11. Net

Net Avatar

Well, I really had to make deck using 0 reagents not to lose gold adventuring.If I was using my favourite AoE spells, I would be in debt really quickly:) I am surprised how those NPC mages have less reagents on themselves than I use to kill them. It is like archers with two arrows...

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  12. Vendetta

Vendetta Avatar

And double-clicking doesn't always work, especially if there are friendly npcs/pets nearby. Also targeting pets with double-click is also hit or miss, usually miss.

G isn't working for me at all. Period.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. jutman

jutman Avatar

G only works for me as a melee warrior (since it's worthless to summon my pet even though I have the highest points in taming) only when I'm right right on a mob. Shift click still works but is an inconviencs. Hopefully they are working to fix this problem. I do agree in the meantime it's a nussience though. At least they plan to fix it unlike the taming nerf.

14. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

You can also Shift-click, and theres an option under Game settings to allow click on self to select.

15. Vendetta

Vendetta Avatar

I grouped with a friend last night and targeting of all kinds is crazily unreliable. Had to hit F1 THEN F2 in order to target my groupmate -- and even then casting heals on him was hardly a sure thing.

Trying to double-click on any mob, pet or groupmate -- also hardly a sure thing.

All in all, both of us agreed that the targeting in this game should be one of the top priorities, right up there with the hitching lag issues (which also got worse while grouped and included audible lag problems that I had not heard before because I haven't grouped in this game in so long).

I can target myself fine with a hotkey when absolutely necessary, that much hasn't broken.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.