"We know loot sucks. It will get better"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric Zand, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Hmm

2. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Oh Baby! let the good times roll,

3. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

that is a game changer right there.

Ice Queen and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  4. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I hear exactly what you are saying and I feel the same way. I am to the point I am tired of telling myself that things will get better in the next patch, to find they not only didn't get better but in fact got worse. I swear I woke up with less experience points than when I logged off last night.

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, it's true.. the game is less fun than it was before the End of Wipes™. BUT, that is because before the wipes ended, the devs could let us run amok without any long term damage. Their choices now are "keep it racheted down" or "rollbacks followed by reduced loot/exp/etc". I'd rather have things be austere and get to keep them than to go full out and lose everything on a rollback.

Snazz, Albus, Lord Baldrith and 2 others like this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

What concerns me is that they didn't bother with proper gold sinks, combat balance, economy balance, etc. before creating a persistent world with permanent consequences.

Ice Queen, Shade Cido, Spinok and 6 others like this.
  7. Kwambo

Kwambo Avatar

Now I am not as experienced as most of you , but I found loot today I haven't seen before .
    From humaniod NPC's I got :
    Health potion
    Map of Veiled Swamp
    Brown Cap Mushroom

This was in 1 and 2 skull areas .

New loot table ?

8. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

My looting has become far more annoying. Weapons are not worth their weight when the drops are 4/25 durability plus npc rate nerf

This seems to have also broken salvage rates.

So I either pick the gold and cancel the loot window or delete tons of crap after each group. Tedious

Aldo, Theleb K`aarna and Kaisa like this.
  9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Where was this?

10. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Yep this all should have been done before persistence! Even if it meant delaying persistence and making a post saying we are sorry but we have to delay persistence and allowing you to choose your lots for another release or two in order to work on balance! It would have been worth it! Now we got a real mess but unlike before there is no wiping. There is no going whoops our bad we really screwed up huh? well lets just wipe and forget that ever happened! Nope all they can do is try to fix this mess which will be easier said then done at this point.

Ice Queen and enderandrew like this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Persistence doesn't mean polished, or balanced, or even finished. They can still change items, abilities, and drops, and they will. The economy isn't complete enough to be near balanced.

12. Selene

Selene Avatar

I kind of disagree with this. The whole point of keeping loot tight is that, even though it makes the game less fun to play currently, it keeps things from turning into a giant mess.

The best way I can describe it is to think of the game as still in a testing and building phase, except you get to keep the things you do manage to earn. (even if they are currently harder to get than they will be when the game really launches)

13. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I think the problem is they tightened things a bit too much and all of a sudden with basically no warning for most. Now if things are not changed some people might literally be losing their lots because they cannot make enough gold. I personally don't think nerfing the gold rates was necessary it would have been better to add more gold sinks instead. I think they can still fix this but I am hoping in the future they are a lot more careful and donlt make such huge changes.

14. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The Phoenix and Xavara the Fire Elemental dropped some good loot. The fire elemental in particular dropped 400 gold. The Pheonix dropped a bunch of gem fragments and 2 whole gems. Good luck with the Phoenix though. He has 7k health, revives once after being killed (so 14k total health), and was hitting me for over 100 hp per attack (as high as 266 on a particularly nasty crit). Xavara is pretty easy though with around 2.6k health. Xavara only crits for around 100-150 damage. Which can be greatly reduced using fire resistance, douse, and shield of ice. I'm at a total of 40% fire resistance with these all running. Add level 60 Death shield for an additional 20% damage resistance since it will convert 20% of damage received to healing.

Regular mobs don't really seem to drop anything of use. I'm assuming Dragons also drop nice loot, but I haven't come close to killing one. First one I encountered (in the Southern Grumvald Barrens by Desolis) immediately crit me for 333 damage with Dragon Fire and then killed me with the next hit. Didn't even get to see his health pool since targeting is all buggy right now.

15. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

good post

16. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

To be fair, that's not the proper Dev dance :p
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, I do think the gold nerf seemed a bit hard, considering the lot rent requirements. Hopefully they adjust it.

Kaisa, enderandrew and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  17. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I'd agree with this. Major changes to the economy kinda needs a bit of a notice, especially right on the heels of the land rush. Better communication is always good.

Theleb K`aarna and Kaisa like this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 on this sadly Koldar...I have stopped playing as much because it's just unbearable. I mine ore instead of adventuring because the node respawn rate is so good. Started as a warrior and now I have turned into a miner...awesome... :(

Ice Queen and Koldar like this.
  19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

So, quick update. I switched gears too. Back to crafting. My gold level is now down to 2k after buying some basic crafting supplies (chisels, wax, creosote, etc). After two hours of mining and crafting, I'm down to 20k crafting experience (point of reference lvl 27 producer). So, it appears I'll be depleted of that experience pool shortly as well. How quickly I can make back my 2k I spent on crafting supplies has yet to be seen. The good news, since I stopped fighting mobs, my adventure experience pool stopped decreasing. :p

Ice Queen and Cordelayne like this.
  20. Gnarxly

Gnarxly Avatar

Tbh I don't really care how much "gold value" mobs drop. I mean I do, but I know in the long run the whole market will adjust to these values and I know we are in a building phase. What gets me more is the borring loot tables. Treasure maps could be a good start in this area, not that hard of a project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.