Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loot table - Where do I find armor?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Mitara, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Usually, it is possible to find armor on mobs you kill. Not in this game.

Is it time to readjust the loot tables, make them a little more exciting? Perhaps even add a few magical and rare items, to compete a little with the craftable stuff?

What do you think?

Lord Baldrith, Chatele and Acred like this.
  2. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Mobs won't start dropping decentish armor and weapons until players start selling it to NPC's. (which never happens, because they salvage it or CotO repair when it's worn out, or just wear founder armor instead)
    Some weapons are usable, e.g. Lich weapons, but are usually so worn down they don't last very long.

You can find some armor, by stealing it from the houses and chests in NPC towns, but not much. Mostly broken cloth and leather, and a few pieces of plate mail used as deco, shields, and weapons.

You won't find any lootable gear that competes with craftable gear, that goes against the premise of the game, crafted gear is the best.

Mob dropped weapons and armor, are mostly just for salvage purposes, although some do sell it to get some starting money.

Later on, boss type mobs are going to drop "skins" for weapon and armor, that allow you to craft a look into armor or weapons, but there are no plans to make dropped armor and weapons compete at all with crafted weapons and armor. If they went back on this, the screaming would be unbearable.

Nelzie, Snazz, EtherBunny and 2 others like this.
  3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Watch for Chests and Sacks. I often find cloth and leather armor in those. Usually low durability or broken, but I find them very useful for salvage.

Mitara likes this.
  4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

So, have they said when the selling of gear to NPC's would start to show up in the real world? And if they have, or it's already been implemented, I'm about to spam some helpless NPC with the Wolf Headgear :D What would be funny is if they were wearing the gear, instead of dropping it, so you'd start to see humanoid NPC/mobs running around in wolf helms....okay that would be kinda fun to witness :p

Edit: Also, wasn't there word that if you died a lot in an area, your gear would start to show up on mobs, or something along those lines?

Nelzie likes this.
  5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Fishing sometimes catches these things. Water pollution everywhere.:)

Nelzie, Snazz, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  6. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

I think this feature is not implemented yet (but planned as a core feature of the economy) ;)

7. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

When this feature come live i Bet you will see more shitty stuff than good gear anyway because ppl will always sell more scrap to npc than decent gear

8. Pulsar

Pulsar Avatar

Wrong because nobody will never get a decent looted gear since ... the huuuuge R33 nerf; ie not only the average durability has been divided /4, but also max durability by 3. Which means all items are useless.

Moreover you're not able to play without crafting.

Endly adding rep's & reg's prices, atm we can say the economy's over since nobody's able to earn money.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.