Deposit Gold into Bank

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by SabeSr, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

It would be a great feature.

Accessible any bank, unlike items.

Prevents me from accidentally buying something from a vendor that is way over priced.

Helps me save gold.

"Brittany Bonds" would be cool too... 10,000 gold increments, 1% purchase fee with a 1% per week or month interest rate to gain interest, cost to purchase will prevent excessive buying and selling back right away.

2. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

You can store your excess gold at the Bank of Monkey. :p Account interest is 1 banana per day.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

+1 to OP suggestion bank interest on gold deposits, with a caveat that there's a small, incremental % that your money could be stolen the longer you leave it there - I remember the Alternate Reality game had a feature something like this for banks, and it was pretty rad for the time. Also maybe the teller could offer money changing and investment services or something, vice essentially just being window dressing. Probably too much work to implement, but it would be cool and not many other fantasy rpg games do it.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I would love a check system in addition to this like UO had. Easy to transfer gold from char to char.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Baalice like this.
  5. Mazirian

Mazirian Avatar

Good point! Either that or change the name of banks... "Depots" or "Warehouses" would suit best.

6. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Asherons Call had bank notes you could buy in various increments. It was a huge help in not spending gold by mistake.

Especially when we have player vendors there are bound to be some scammers... think you're buying bulk items only to find you clicked wrong stack and get 10 of something instead of 100 of them for ten times the normal cost...

There's no Undo button

7. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

+1 this, this allows player to massively mitigate vendor scamming, where you assume something is 10k gold but says 100k gold for example.

Doesn't need to be the Bank. Could just be a savings wallet and operating funds wallet for example. Allow you to move gold between the two, but only spend from 1.

I don't agree with any interest rate though. That just makes another gold faucet you have to balance to stop inflation.

Spung

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Gold in the bank is a pain. Checks were awful! Still playing UO 20 years now and SOTA does gold much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.