Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Invalid attacks

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Malchor1, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I'm a bit confused about the invalid attack message that pops up. Why should getting onto a vantage point such as a cliff or tall rock to attack a group of enemies be an invalid form of combat. It seems that it only becomes valid when a. The enemy spots you and b. The enemy is in range to attack you. It doesnt make sense to be penalizrd for trying to gain the initiative against a group of enemies and it seems a bit immersion breaking. It's not my fault wolves don't have a ranged attack or skeletons aren't the best climbers. This needs to be addressed.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Not to mention, some archers can shoot you and do dmg when they are on something, but we can't ...

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Please post it on the bug report forum if you haven't already done it.

NRaas likes this.
  4. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Well i'm not sure its a bug

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Been covered before NOT a bug, if the target you are attacking can NOT hit you back then it is invalid.

Do not go and give me any of this info about archers in tree stands or any other similar comments, this is not real life this is a game and had to have balance and logic.

if the target can not fight back it is invalid, also you hit but to not do damage - sorry but get over it been this way forever and by design otherwise archer would just sitting on rock and kill without taking any damage, and totally unbalance the game.

6. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

If I can run and jump and climb, so can spawn, if they cant - then they are just to stupid to be a warrior. however, if it gives me an advantage as they try to scale the path, tuff luck. c'est la vie- maybe they should just rubber band back like the cowards they are. Just like I get hit trying to climb to reach any spawn that is out of reach or has a crows nest. range spawn, has this AI, I am not very fond of. but c'est la vie, right¿

7. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Sorry i would "get over it" if it made any sense whatsoever. An archer or ranged character PvEing should be able to get to an area where they can't be reached and...do ranged damage. Looking at it the other way, how balanced is needing to be at a range where a mob of attackers can attack you for your attack to be effective?

Aklys likes this.
  8. Aklys

Aklys Avatar

Being balanced then they need to make it so that multiple creatures can't be aggroed to a ranged fighter. Because a range fighter is built to fight from a distance without experiencing damage. It doesn't make sense to do what I recommend as much as it doesn't make sense to penalise a ranged fighter from shooting from the other side of a chasm that a non ranged fighter can't fight back from. The bridge to the spider area in necropolis is a good example of where this current invalid attack thing fails. Same as DPS like flame arrow shouldn't stop affecting a mob when it is out of range.

These are immersion breaking and unbalance the game for ranged combat.

Malchor1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.