Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Weapons break down to fast.

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Brass Knuckles, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

From friday to sunday night I used 3 coto repairing my bow, armor seams to be better ballanced but going threw crafted weapons like this im sure is not intended.

Its possible this is a bow only issue idk.

I do have like 60 in the weapon preservation skill in the tactics tree.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

That seems excessive. My weapons are degrading at same level as armor it seems so maybe it is a bug with the bows or that bow type.
    Or preservation is bugged and doing the opposite? Anyone else have data on this?

4EverLost likes this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

It seems as though it's meant to be a balance with reagent costs and arrows. I easily go through 1500g or more's worth of reagents per day I play. That's about what you can find COTO's for sale at. So honestly, I don't really see an issue here. And if you just maintain your gear with repair kits, then you won't need COTO's. They're pretty easy and cheap to craft.

And on top of the high reagent upkeep costs, I still have to repair my gear too, although not as much as a melee character.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

When I saw how fast my bow was taking damage, I went back to my stretch goal Elven Bow. At least I can just use repair kits on it, even though I lose a few bonuses.

Albus and Govenor Ruin like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Somethings definitely up with bows especially. I take 3 bows out with me and i always get onto my third by the time I'm full. When back i repair but now one of them is down to 35 durability and hardly worth using unless i use coto on, its a +7 bow as well so i will have to repair durability rather than just discarding.

Ice Queen, Albus and Govenor Ruin like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea but I burn about 1500 gold in arrows and regs so there is 3k + 5$ in the addon store so I dont get ur point.

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Maybe bows are taking more damage than they should be. I didn't really realize a greatly accelerated rate while leveling blades on the side (I'm pure mage, but trying to get an alternative up). I did notice stuff is degrading faster than before R33, but nothing too significant. Maybe bows are bugged.

GreyMouser Skye and Govenor Ruin like this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Yep, seems very likely this is the case. I haven't even bothered crafting a +bow because they degrade at such an incredible rate. In a few hours of adventuring, a bow goes from 100 to zero.
    I've also noticed very high quality weapons in general seem to degrade much faster than "plain" weapons. As in, a +2, or +3 or +5 weapon degrades at an incredible rate (almost as fast as a bow) whereas a normal weapon takes quite some time.

Albus likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just making sure... Have you been using carpentry repair toolkit to repair your bow till the point where the max durability is no longer worth repairing or did you just straight up using COTO to repair the equipment?

DancingShade likes this.
  10. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

First off, The devs don't appear to like auto-attack, so it's damage is nerfed and the ideal rate of weapon decay is based on powered attacks / free attacks not auto-attack.
    I auto -attack anyway and go through 2 handed 100 max durability swords crazy fast. (several per week), so many I've lost track of how many I've replaced since R32 went live.

I only have 40 or 60 (I forget which) in weapon and armor preservation at the moment though.

11. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'm still using my very first meteoric iron halberd and I play pretty frequently.

I use carpentry kits when it gets low and currently its something like 44/64 if that gives you an idea how many times I've repaired it.

I cannot fathom why you would need to use 3 cotos to repair one weapon at this point in the game, unless you play 24/7? Or have been using cotos instead of regular repair kits?

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea, I understand how it works. I only use coto when its down to 25 max dura or lower.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Frosin

Frosin Avatar

Were you using rapid fire? It seem that its getting a durability hit drop check every time the rapid fire 6 hit trigger (just a guess based on the low durability icon blinking during rapid fire)

14. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

My 2HS gets repaired maybe every other run (4hrs perhaps grinding time) Top end will lose a couple pts

Zero preservation skill

Although I do use a lot of spells and blade skills. Auto attack 24/7

Typically I roll with a normal or +1 weapon, since 5 skull areas don't need my badass weps. +7 stuff does seem to wear quicker and had max durability hits from MC / enchants

2 tailor kits and the one for my meteor epic plate chest since week 1. Although I have a large buffed parry value most of the time

15. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Wow I've been playing with the same 2-handed sword since the first week of R32 and it is only down 12 points max durability, with I think 3 repairs. Maybe I'm not power playing like everyone else (adventure level 30) but this thing will last me another few weeks easily.

4EverLost and Spoon like this.
  16. chifanpoe

chifanpoe Avatar

That is doing very good. I have been through 1 free and 3 player made 2-handed swords from R32-R33. I stopped using them when they got down to durability in the 20-30s. I am adventure level 36. Mine started to go down very fast once I started fighting 2-4 Skeletons at one time. I the same time frame I have been through one set of vendor chainmail and now on a set of vendor platemail that is still around 75% good (never repaired).

17. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm having a very similar experience. I've been wielding a single dagger and I've only had to repair it once or twice since.

Granted, my dagger has a +50 durability on it.

18. uziraff

uziraff Avatar

I have used 2 COTO on my current 2 Handed Sword with max durability of 70.
    This is in a two week span, about 40 hours per week of play.
    A decent amount of grinding on mobs between deco and craft stuff.

19. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

My +6 2 hand sword loses about 20 durability an hour. Probably 5-8 off max.

I'm close to needing my 4th Coto as its down to 24 max. I picked up a set of +10 pants that have 24 max that I bet I don't even repair before the sword needs its 5th Coto.

20. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I've noticed that the enchanted sword I bought seems to degrade much faster than if I buy a plain old iron longsword. I'm wondering if the enchantments not only reduce max durability but give durability itself a greater chance to degrade.

I'll be interested to see if I get vastly different longevity when I start masterworking my armor.

Magos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.