Are you tired of earning less than 3k gold per hour?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I can't even imagine how this is possible! I believe you, but my brain just can't put the pieces together. haha - Could you ask them if they'd mind sharing some tips?

Ice Queen likes this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Dev comments hint they are aware of those places that profit and are working on balancing the other places that are not as profitable currently. It just takes some time, but in the meanwhile, hunting around for new hunting grounds would probably not be a bad thing. Who knows, maybe you'll find the next hidden spot?:)

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

That will be nice, there really shouldn't be only a handful of places you can go to maximize xp well, or gather effectively, or loot some decent coinage/drops to sell. It takes time, aye, they'll get there. :)

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If the devs finding out and nerfing these areas are a concern for you then that in itself suggests there is a problem and that they do in fact, need to be nerfed. Which is all the more reason to report those areas. Otherwise, in your own mind at least you're taking advantage of an exploit.

cartodude, Elwyn, Womby and 1 other person like this.
  5. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

So for the average person who is playing this game (arguably) normally - that is, going out and killing mobs to "level" in the tradition sense, and who isn't essentially "exploiting" the broken gold system in this game...

I'm SOL and stuck making maybe 500/g per 2 hours.

Awesome.

Because truly, most people don't know how to make money in this game. I would wager most of the pledgers still aren't playing and won't have any idea of what the current market "runs on," or how to get said item(s).

I'm quite frustrated with the current state of the economy.

6. Abercrombie_McCloud

Abercrombie_McCloud Avatar

Same here - I see people saying they are making 25k ....or I am just doing something wrong. I haven't sold any goods for a few weeks...

Concord and Tahru like this.
  7. Jaden344

Jaden344 Avatar

well i was making over 10k an hour but they just ninja nerfed my place in half

8. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

Maybe your goods have a to high price? or people dont want to buy them because they have many of those items already?

9. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

Sounds like you stick to the same area? have you tried exploring many of the other places to see how it is there?

Tahru likes this.
  10. Gnarxly

Gnarxly Avatar

Those are pre nerf estimates. Mob loot just received heavy nerf while mining got boosted. I can already see ore stocks increasing and prices all around going down. Give it a week or two and we'll have a completely new range of estimates; provided there is no new surprising changes inc.

4EverLost likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am with you in the boat. But everyone should be playing their own way that is fun for them. I personally like doing things naturally, as you put it. I want to use a different word to reflect how I mean it though. I mean like a self sustaining environmentalist. That is to say that I aim to make a living in the game as one that provides goods to players at the lowest price I can and still sustain without COTAs or real life funds.

But it's very important to acknowledge that this wonderful game can be played in so many ways. It could be awesome to be a financial tycoon and own an NPC town too, right?

12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I need to buy some potions, I need to get my weight limit into the 400+ range, I need better armor, and I need to get my adventure level into the 60s.

I think one of my biggest problems is I keep most of the resources I harvest. Selling everything I gather is going to be really hard for me considering the game I want to play involves crafting... so I'm going to have to find some balance in how I spend my time - which tbh, kinda sucks. But with the Devs saying the average player makes 3k per hour... I have a lot of areas I need to improve on. Thanks everyone for the feedback and ideas... Keep it coming! Who else out there has some pointers to share?

cartodude, Grayhawk, Concord and 3 others like this.
  13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

This is how I want to do things as well, but I also feel like I'm doing it wrong. I hope to be able to discover my path before launch... right now, I'm trying my hand at everything. Eventually I'll settle into a profession and if luck is with me, it'll be one that turns out some gold :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Grayhawk, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  14. pkarapan

pkarapan Avatar

I don't know how they are getting the 3K per hour number for the average player. I am way below that number, but having said that, I didn't play much at all before the final wipe so maybe everyone else knows the gold game better than I do.

Koldar, Ice Queen and 4EverLost like this.
  15. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Let me settle everyone down, there is no exploitation going on. The nerf fear comes from Port's questionable balancing practices, if anything there should be more such spots.

Why should players who explore the entire game world to find best hunting/xp/resource/gold spots share their findings? It's a large world, if you are in a zone with poor yield, go experiment, explore, adventure!

Anyway, it's also a matter of building a character surgically for such farming. It's not fun, it's straight up grinding and like some other posters here mentioned, every detail and minute matters. If you play to enjoy the game and world you will not be making much in this game. Gold grinding is called grinding for a reason. I think the 500-1k yields is about right in terms of what this game delivers if you're not putting in specific effort into gold farming, which is a serious problem btw.

Yes you can make 20-30k per hour (pre 33 bug, and apparently after today's fix?) but it won't be fun, accidental, and certainly not by playing at level. You gotta find perfect spawns and geography and think about building a character to maximize time spent and returns. This happens in every game and separates the haves from have nots. It's boring, gruelling and not fun. No exploitation, just hard work and clever min maxing

4EverLost likes this.
  16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

The Devs should think about taking those players and not using them to find averages. What you just described doesn't sound anything like average. I can appreciate the hard work people put in... I put in a lot of work to get my character where he is - I just don't know how to min max or grind with any efficiency. I've been mostly just having fun - and hearing that 3k per hour is the target average... I had to accept that I'm doing it wrong.

Maybe if the players that are cranking out strategic hours just for gold could be removed from the equation, the rest of us could become the target group for averages and economic balance... your group wins because you become even richer!

17. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

I agree, completely.

From what I'm understanding such players are constant targets for nerfs because there's enough of them in this game to completely wreck the economy. It's proving challenging to slow them down but still be fair to the vast player base. Let's not kid around, it's a serious problem right now.

For what it's worth, I don't partake cause frankly I don't play enough to care. I don't like grinding in games and don't need gold. You could say I'm just familiar with the situation.

Duke Avery likes this.
  18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So... you think you know better than the devs how best to balance these things for the long term?

What strikes me if that every release people seem to think that the current balance is normal.. then a change happens because it wasn't meant to be normal and the devs are trying things out.. and some people question and act like it's a bad thing the devs are trying to find the long term balance.. and this when the entire economic system isn't even in place.

Who's to say their methods are questionable? Are you a veteran game designer? Do you know what the economy is meant to look like when it's fully implemented? Did you even know that very recently (like within a month before persistence) Chris was talking about a multi-tier currency that might still happen.. in which case everyone's current perception of 'gold' will become more or less meaningless if/when it becomes copper and actually has weight to it.

There's still so much we don't know.. and a lot of changes to come.

Sean Silverfoot, Elwyn and 4EverLost like this.
  19. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I apologize if this has been asked or already answered, but are the people claiming to earn 3k+ of gold per hour including the value of resources gathered or are they talking strictly gold coins obtained?

Beaumaris and Tahru like this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Sequenna collosus 5 skull. Can easily make 3K an hour even with nurfs. At lvl 70 I kill around 90 to 100 and hour. Each one drops 20ish gold and probably $1.5 to 2.0K of weps to sell at a vendor, things like long bows again that can go for 30+ each (used to go for near 100).

They key to the zone is that it pure humanoid with lots of them so you can sweep through and farm them. Its taken the exact same nurfs so I dont see why Pol would alter the area.

I hate having to be the baby sitter in these things and help people figure this stuff out, it really was not hard from day 1 for me to learn to make money you have to kill humanoid npc's.

Ice Queen and postulio like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.