1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

NPC Merchant Buying Prices Going Back Up Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

Excellent thank you.

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Yup, Brittany Estates is the fastest place to sell out from there, but other smiths that don't sell recipes will pay you just a slight bit more but not worth the time to go to them really since its only slightly more, hehe. I never said it's easy, I said results may vary on builds, how fast you can move through and kill and your level and I did say it's boring.

I don't know why someone would keep a spot to themselves though if that's what you mean. In other games I've played we always had level guides and helped people to know good areas to go to for xp and money, without fear of having to worry about them being nerfed to useless every patch. Honestly, there really should be dozens and dozens of areas you can make good gold and xp in, it shouldn't have to be a few good spots. :(

This is a big problem in this game, there are not a lot of good places to go hunting for xp and gold and the few spots there are people are so secretive about them that they're either greedy or afraid they'll get nerfed. The devs know which zones people frequent the most and this should tell them something about that.
    Yw

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Mata, Magos, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Chris I did some testing last night. Two hours in South Drachvald Spur (2 skulls) netted me about 1000 gold. So roughly 500g/hour. I'm not saying it's impossible to pay for 1 week of rent in an hour of grinding, but I will say there are some serious economic balance issues that need to be addressed at the lower end of the difficulty spectrum.

IMO, you cant scale rent linearly if loot isn't scaled linearly. If you should be able to pay a week of rent in one hour, that metric should be validated in 1-skull scenes, not 5-skull scenes.

Acred, 4EverLost, enderandrew and 2 others like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm referring to those "ladder pusher" folks who said, "oh the game was so easy, I could make so much money at Ruined Keeps." You see what happened now. It's one thing to share the trick and tips on which areas people should focus on. That would definitely increase the chance of player interaction.

But I do agree that each region should at least have the "cool" spots for the local to go to if we want to establish regional economy. We need a self-sustain areas to support that.

Bom and Tiki Pirate like this.
  5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ahh, ok, I see what you mean now, apologies, I misunderstood when I did the quick read. :)Ahh yes, the people that say it's too easy. Those are the people that love to tout how easy it is to gain xp or gold but like to feel superior to others instead of being helpful and say "Hey just go out and explore, you'll find the places". Basically to say I found a way to do it, or really they were told by someone else about these places, and just like to brag about it and keep it to themselves to have the advantage over others.

Aye, that's one of the biggest problems with this game, so few places with good xp and good enough loot to sell that people are so secretive about places. It shouldn't have to be that way. This community has usually wanted to be very helpful to newcomers and long term players alike, but in the area of xp and loot to sell for gold this doesn't seem to be the case. This mostly lays on the devs side of blame for this. I'm not saying they've done this on purpose at all. It just happens to be one of those areas that hasn't had a lot of attention. Not enough good places in each region to do these things and the few places that are out there get nerfed when people speak about them. This really needs to change in my opinion. I think they'll find the balance once they realize this problem though. Let's just hope it's soon. :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Bom, Mata, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The Parrot's Roost blacksmith sells armor but only offers 80% of what the Owl's Head blacksmith offers.

Bom and Ice Queen like this.
  7. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

All prices will be restored except for wolf hats which will remain nerfed because crafters can pound sand. So where is the stimulus package for crafters?
    I suggest:
    1. Removing all cheap adventuring gear and repair kits from the NPC vendors so those things must be purchased from crafters.
    2. Doubling the amount of damage to weapons and armor durability so they wear out faster.
    3. Doubling the buffs for masterworking except for base stats like int, dex, and str.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  8. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

(1). That would make it hard for new people as the prices on the player crafter vendors (for the most part) are more than they can afford.

4EverLost likes this.
  9. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

New players start the game with a set of equipment. Crafters would create a low end market for new players with lower prices. Also, gold can be obtained quite easily for a new player. For example, if you go into the Clink and loot all the barrels you can get around 500 gold.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did wolf hats get an extra whack with the nerf stick in today's patch?

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Yup...they increased the amount of wax to create the hat from 4 to 6. And they dropped the selling price from 100gp to 80gp.

You can still make a profit, but you have to get the heads yourself. It costs about 65 gp to make a hat so you do get a small amount back.

12. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

YEP!! From the patch notes it looks like the patch was specifically aimed at that.

From 478 Patch notes:
    "Bear/Wolf Hat fixes: Slightly reduced bear/wolf hat value by 20%. Slightly increased recipe fuel cost. Increased value on bear/wolf heads. Synchronized weight on all animal heads"

13. Bom

Bom Avatar

What would be cool is if spawn rates in SotA were dynamic, varying in scenes based upon how much players were extracting from each scene. The spawn rate in an overworked area would go down, and rates in unexplored areas would go up, resulting in players constantly exploring the whole world for less traveled areas and better loot. Then there would not always be the same 'best' locations for everyone to farm over and over. I think that would be a much more interesting game experience and get players out traveling across the world more.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Acred, 4EverLost, Baalice and 3 others like this.
  14. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

as an FYI the housing vendors are STILL selling the deeds/vendors/basements etc for the doubled price.

15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

well, let's hope they aren't actually *selling* any but rather just offering to rob you for some.. unknown reason. I wonder who's making them do it.... could it be sssssatan>?

16. Talewin

Talewin Avatar

why is it set up that some npc buy goods from players for more then other players?

all merchants of a type should buy there type of goods for the same amount.

also any vendor that is being used more offten then other vendors. like the blacksmith in owls head should be buying at a reduced rate not a higher rate. and the npc vendor less used need to buy things at a higher rate.

this is important and needs to be fixed for a healthy economy for all playersorts in all locations.

Koldar likes this.
  17. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

If you find an NPC of a type who is not buying their goods at the better rate, bug it. All items are tagged with what type they are, and each NPC is tagged for what type the are. If an NPC doesn't buy at the higher rate, it's because the tags don't match.

18. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Where is the blacksmith in Central Brittany by the way? He's not marked on sotamap. I've been running Serpent Spine Foothills since before R32, but I always run the loot down to the Etceter blacksmith because I couldn't find the blacksmith in Central Brittany and didn't want to deal with the loading screens to get up to Owl's Head. The Etceter blacksmith also buys at the higher prices, but it would be nice to be able to just got to Central Brittany instead.

19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Forget about Central Brittany, go to Brittany Estate instead. The blacksmith is on the right side after you walk in. Best location among all lol

20. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Err, isn't that a left upon entering Brittany Estates? I seem to recall walking straight a few houses to the intersection, then turning left, then going a few houses down on the left. That is if you enter BE from the Overland Map. Of course, please disregard if you meant zoning in from one of the other Brittany zones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.